Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Artificial markets are created daily on wall street. Why should consumer electronics be any different?

Here's 500 32gb ones up for auction on uBid. Happy bidding.
    Nice find. Looks like any bid of $180 or more automatically wins you a 32GB Touchpad. Shipping is $10. $40 over firesale price... not too bad if you're desperate I guess.
    Last edited by Syndil; 08/24/2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    How is that bidding? Its essentially "I have a s*itton of TPs and I want to sell them for at least 180... I will say though that they probably are selling them at their costs + the fee they have to pay to Ubid... so I can't flame them too bad for that...
    You can bid as little as $1 and take your chances. It looks like the seller is saying, "well, if you really want to pay that much, I'll go ahead and take your money now."
    Last edited by Syndil; 08/24/2011 at 12:07 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    You can bid as little as $1 and take your chances. It looks like the seller is saying, "well, if you really want to pay that much, I'll go ahead and take your money now."
    I tried for $1, but the site wouldn't take it... errored out on every bid that was 180 or less.
    Scratch that. Been so long since I used uBid I forgot how it works. $180 will NOT guarantee you a Touchpad.

Basically this guy has 500 units to sell. Up until the end of the auction, you can bid on however many units you want to buy at whatever price. When the auction ends, the highest 500 bids will win. So if 500 people bid $180 or over and you bid $179, you don't get a Touchpad.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    And you wonder why ebay won this war.....
    Yeah, eBay handles multiple-item listings a bit better, if you're a buyer.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    on the ubid, you have to look at the right to see bid info. Currently there are over 4600 bids and the current minimum bid is $211 with the max bid on four units for $500 a piece. What are people smoking? I can't wait to list the 2nd one I got today to make the first one free. I'm shooting for $300.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    on the ubid, you have to look at the right to see bid info. Currently there are over 4600 bids and the current minimum bid is $211 with the max bid on four units for $500 a piece. What are people smoking? I can't wait to list the 2nd one I got today to make the first one free. I'm shooting for $300.
    Or I could buy it for what you paid for it.
    And why would I do that? That means the one I'm keeping would still cost me $150 defeating the purpose of buying two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch59 View Post
    Or I could buy it for what you paid for it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    And why would I do that? That means the one I'm keeping would still cost me $150 defeating the purpose of buying two.
    I would have thought the reason most people buy 2 is to gift the other. I was just pointing out the fact that hundreds of people on here weren't given the chance to get one, nevermind another. Personally, I put my name on a list at PC Richard on Saturday morning by using my credit card to buy one (thinking they were dealing with solid inventory numbers.) Over the next 3 days I realized that they, like every other retailer in the US, overpromised and I am not thinking mine will be coming.

My comment was by no means sarcastic, or intended to offend you. I was simply offering to buy it off of you.
    Last edited by Scratch59; 08/24/2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: misspelling
    If Scratch is offering to pay you the purchase price for your Touchpad, I'll pay $10 over that.

See how supply/demand works?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Haha...all good. Considering I have an Asus Transformer, Dell Streak 7, my new asus 13" ultra slim laptop and dell venue pro (great hardware, but wp7 is blah), I'm well over my gadget budget and only picked up the TP knowing I'd be able to sell the one and cover my cost on the other.

If you knew me from treocentral, I'd normally be more than willing to help a member out. After sacrificing sleep and time to get these things, I'm breaking even in the end at least.
    I called 877-999-4747 August 23, 1250AM EST and had 4 reserved. The CSR said I would be notified as soon as they are in stock and to order immediately or else I may miss out.
    I just got the shipping notification for my 3 32gb units for the wife and kids. They should be here on Friday!!!
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Quote Originally Posted by rburtz View Post
    I just got the shipping notification for my 3 32gb units for the wife and kids. They should be here on Friday!!!
    hehehe...the family that touchpads together stays together gratz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    hehehe...the family that touchpads together stays together gratz
    I figured I need to get the kids used to disappointment early. I'll get them used to a great operating system then tell them later that you can't get it anymore.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    got mine today. Love webos. Better than android and iOS. I have an iPad, an iPod, and an android phone, but webos beats them all in intuitiveness, multitasking, and synergy. Great os, too bad the hardware has never been up to par.

My dad's order got cancelled on amazon (3 days after it was confirmed!! ). Now I have to find him a 32gb. He was quite disappointed.
    I just remembered my one major gripe with webOS devices. Charging. I have a Transformer and Streak 7. Both chargers have the same exact specs as the Palm one. Neither will charge the TP nor will my 2a car charger that seems to charge the other two as well. What a PITA. And I hate the get an AC converter for the car. Kinda defeats the purpose of a car charger. Universal microUSB nullified by the need for Palm's charger. Neither would even charger it with the TP powered off either. Thought that was really strange too. I can even charge my TF off of a 1/2 amp if it's powered off.
    That's a sacrifice I can live with, if it gets me Touchstone capability. Touchstone > USB.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    insane42 likes this.