Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 323738394041424344 LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 879
Like Tree80Likes
  1. joos519's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #821  
    Price on Amazon just went up to $325, ***! I just got one yesterday for 150.
    Thank God I'm finished with my purchases, but damn, people selling these sure are schemers.
  2. #822  
    - HP Veer --
  3. #823  
    Twitter

    So some news for people that ordered through the SMB site - basically the HP rep said whoever has pushed through and ordered and has a number (even though they dont have a confirmation mail) the site is shut down and orders would take them about 24 to 48 to process the order volume (20 000+), another 24-48 to reevaluate and credit people back if you have purchased at full price. The man was an american and probably the best trained rep i have ever spoke to (which means he can be bull****ting me)

    1 888 7289985 is the SMB store direct line, share some more info if you have it.
    Last edited by MihMih; 08/22/2011 at 11:14 AM.
  4. twhite's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    #824  
    The Sam's Club website has changed and now (as of 9:08 AM Mountain) says to check Club Locations for availability. It shows that my closest store has them but low in stock.
  5. #825  
    Capitalism at its finest. Whenever I get in on good tech deals with resale value, I buy a few. One to keep and a couple to sell to offset the cost of the one I'm keeping. No out of pocket expense for me in the long run makes it a no brainer to buy. I'd jack it up to $300 if things are selling and that's the going rate, but I tend to be reasonable and just add enough premium to offset my costs. I placed orders at HP, Office Depot (which might get canceled), and OnSale via Amazon. I might only end up with the HP one. I'm hoping the OD ones come through because selling them at $75 over will get me to break even.
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    Price on Amazon just went up to $325, ***! I just got one yesterday for 150.
    Thank God I'm finished with my purchases, but damn, people selling these sure are schemers.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  6. joos519's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    #826  
    I've been helping another friend find a tp, anyway, just got off the phone with tigerdirect.com and was told to check later this evening or worst case by midnight for the price change. He recommended to keep your web browser open and keep hitting refresh on the tp page.
  7. #827  
    My story must be the saddest. I bought a 16gig at Futureshop a week ago and returned it Saturday without knowing about this deal.
  8. #828  
    (slightly OT)

    For the people that tried Opera in an effort to purchase a Touchpad (I counted at least 10), know that Opera supports gestures, just like our beloved webOS. They might take a minute or two to learn, but it's well worth it. No more hunting for buttons in the menu bar. Just hold down the right mouse button and swipe.

    Opera Tutorials
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  9. #829  
    Lol - I can't get through to HP SMB store via phone. Either the phone is jammed or "try again later" do to technical difficulty

    OR - just right now -

    "Due to a fire drill, HP global sales cannot answer the phone at this time".

    That has to be the best - (and no, this was the actual message when trying to connect to HP SMB Sales on the phone)
  10. #830  
    Guys... we have a thread running specifically for TigerDirect and CompUSA. Please use that thread for those locations. Thanks!

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...gerdirect.html


    <<posts moved to that thread>>
  11. #831  
    I think they're doing it to prevent interest. Even if you click on it, it says IN STORE ONLY.
  12. #832  
    While I didn't buy 20 of these, I think I'll manage just fine if you think me a troll because the two I'm reselling make my 32gb one free :-) Besides, you had to place multiple orders because most of the sites allowed more orders than what they had in stock so cancellations were rampant. So you had to hedge. I had B&N and OD cancel my orders, and then I had three orders actually go through which might be down to two.

    And for all you know, that troll on ebay could've just paid for his kid's braces or school books by selling those TP's at a profit. If you or someone really wanted one and knew of the fire sale, you/they should've been on top of it to try and score one. Thinking you could just sit back and leisurely get a product at almost 80% off isn't going to happen when it just screams "resell me". People set up deal alerts on slickdeals. Had the product pages open on multiple sites, constantly refreshing. You could've easily had one at walmart or best buy if you just paid full price and went back in to pricematch the following day. So the opportunity was easily there.

    Quote Originally Posted by chris234 View Post
    hmm...i really dont like ppl buying TP´s just to resale em on ebay.....hp should have given all palm/pre users a chance to get their TP...now ppl who never used webos are buying it just for the profit....thx u ebay TROLLS! F*** O**
  13. #833  
    HP is all sold out here in DE and they've already announced that there won't be a second firesale. Every unit that has been produced for Germany has been sold.

    Interesting because TouchPads are selling around €350 on eBay right now even though quite a lot have an initial bid of just €1 - they're NOT all by people who put them in with an initial bid that already entailed profit for them. I too thought that the ebay prices were artificially jacked up by greedy... ... ...s but upon taking a closer look, they're actually a pure result of supply and demand, at least here in Germany, as the sale price is INEVITABLY, in each and every TouchPad sale on eBay far higher than the initial bid, often as high as 35,000% in TouchPads with initial bids of €1.
    Even ones with initial bids above €99 are getting sold at about three times that. I hate that kind of reseller as much as the next guy, but it's still very interesting in what it says about supply and demand for the TouchPad. Demand is UP.
    It's a surprise I didn't anticipate, but it's a welcome one.

    So if they're managing to sell of all TouchPads that were produced for Germany at a price point around that of the first discount (i.e. before the firesale) - a price point that would still entail a profit for the manufacturer if the manufacturer hadn't blown them out at a loss in order to gain buzz and mindshare since materials in the TouchPad cost $318 = €220 and manufacturing and labor costs wouldn't be higher than perhaps a ten euros per unit - I'd say that is pretty interesting for both HP and potential suitors.
  14. #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    HP is all sold out here in DE and they've already announced that there won't be a second firesale. Every unit that has been produced for Germany has been sold.

    Interesting because TouchPads are selling around €350 on eBay right now even though quite a lot have an initial bid of just €1 - they're NOT all by people who put them in with an initial bid that already entailed profit for them. I too thought that the ebay prices were artificially jacked up by greedy... ... ...s but upon taking a closer look, they're actually a pure result of supply and demand, at least here in Germany, as the sale price is INEVITABLY, in each and every TouchPad sale on eBay far higher than the initial bid, often as high as 35,000% in TouchPads with initial bids of €1.
    Even ones with initial bids above €99 are getting sold at about three times that. I hate that kind of reseller as much as the next guy, but it's still very interesting in what it says about supply and demand for the TouchPad. Demand is UP.
    It's a surprise I didn't anticipate, but it's a welcome one.

    So if they're managing to sell of all TouchPads that were produced for Germany at a price point around that of the first discount (i.e. before the firesale) - a price point that would still entail a profit for the manufacturer if the manufacturer hadn't blown them out at a loss in order to gain buzz and mindshare since materials in the TouchPad cost $318 = €220 and manufacturing and labor costs wouldn't be higher than perhaps a ten euros per unit - I'd say that is pretty interesting for both HP and potential suitors.
    I think a lot of the eBay price thing is the initial hype of the firesale. If I end up having to go thru ebay, I will wait a few weeks (most of the folks that ordered at firesale prices dont have or are just getting their shipments).

    I guarantee the price will be dropping over the next few weeks. I see the price leveling out at around 150-220 for a 16 gig.

    Now the sad thing, I missed the Pre2's and I don't think there were many of them left, add to that the fact that there is still a strong market for the Pre2 for Sprint folks, I don't think I will be seeing a NIB Pre2 get much below the $200 they are currently selling for.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  15. #835  
    Still, if it's an auction, you can't blame the seller for the high price. Blame the bidders you are competing against. If I list one of my 32GB Touchpads on eBay for a $1 auction, what do you think the odds are that the bidding will stop right at $149?
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  16. #836  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Still, if it's an auction, you can't blame the seller for the high price. Blame the bidders you are competing against. If I list one of my 32GB Touchpads on eBay for a $1 auction, what do you think the odds are that the bidding will stop right at $149?
    If you are referring to me, wasn't blaming anyone, I think it's market reaction and will level out. Especially with the folks buying 10 of em once those all hit the market (and with HP going to be selling who knows how many more) prices will level out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. #837  
    I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Just responding to the general sentiment of people being disgusted with the people selling their Touchpads on eBay. Can't blame the seller for supply/demand.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  18. #838  
    Just checked, looked like Pre2 sales are going buy it now for 150ish.

    Shouldn't be too long before the TP's drop down about $100 from where they are at now.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  19. #839  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    I wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Just responding to the general sentiment of people being disgusted with the people selling their Touchpads on eBay. Can't blame the seller for supply/demand.
    the problem is that the supply has been artificially limited by these people. There would be plenty for everyone to find one if it wasn't for ebay profiteers scooping them up by the dozen. I figure though that sooner or later the "real" demand will catch up with the actual supply and a lot of these guys will wind up having to dump some of them at or below their cost.
  20. #840  
    Quote Originally Posted by cthetford View Post
    the problem is that the supply has been artificially limited by these people. There would be plenty for everyone to find one if it wasn't for ebay profiteers scooping them up by the dozen. I figure though that sooner or later the "real" demand will catch up with the actual supply and a lot of these guys will wind up having to dump some of them at or below their cost.
    The big gamble these folks are taking is the artificial demand at this point. Nobody knows how many more HP is going to get for this next wave, or if they are going to limit stock to 1 per user or something. So not only do you have the market leveling off over the next few weeks naturally, HP could be getting thousands more in, who knows how many were sitting in China last week when this all went down. I think we can all confidently say this wasn't planned out in advance.

    I had ordered 2 16 gigs, 1 for the wife and 1 for I don't know what. At this point when HP restocks I will see what kinda mood I am in, still won't order more than 2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Posting Permissions