Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    Best Buys weekly ad says the 32 gig is 549.99, wow, they must feel like ***** for giving away the tp for 149.99 or in my case 100, but I'm not complaining. I hope every member on here was able to get one at a great deal.
    I don't know how people were buying them from BB.com, but when I called the stores here in Salt Lake City, they told me the sent them back because there was a quality issue. Maybe I will bet one once HP receives the shipments from the other distributors.
    I contacted Radio Shack and got this reply:
    Thank you for contacting RadioShack.com.

We appreciate your interest in the HP Touchpads. We have submitted a
    request (ID#7274750) to our Operations Department to see if we can price
    match the new lowered price offered by HP and other retailers. Please
    allow 3-5 business days for this request to be processed. You will be
    notified via email as soon as we receive a response to this request. We
    appreciate your patience and trust you will find this information
    helpful.
    Well, i wound up with 3. Wasn't my intention, but when the MP SMD site was delayed while processing, i scooted to the posted ebay link and grabbed a 16gb for 119+ shipping, $136 total.

BUT, HP did actually processed not just my intitial transaction, but then a 2nd one when i hit backspace/submit again. But. HP SMB charged me approx $21 shipping (for each) PLUS tax also, which doesnt make sense, as shippnig was supposed to be free. Re: sales tax, HP does not have a branded retail store in NY that I know of, so sales tax shouldnt apply ubnless someone changed the law again when i wasnt looking. I'll work out those charges though.

So, i have 3 coming my way. 1 of them, maybe even 2 will be for sale at cost. Is the philippines guy still looking ? Let me know. I'll be around.

By the way, am lovng that Opera browser now. it's quick but i have to learn al lthe icons and stuff.
    Syndil likes this.
    At Walmart in Mebane, cs manager that I spoke with on phone and in store tried saying the $99 price on the 16gb was only a two day sale (after I told her that every Walmart, Best Buy, Office Max, Office Depot within 75 cut the price two days ago. Meanwhile, earlier on the phone, she didn't know anything about it being on sale to begin with. Then I pointed to the price match guarantee sign and said 'doesn't this policy also cover me for reducing it to 99.00?'
    She then walked off without a word, and about 10 minutes later she came back, told the girl to give it to me for $99, and just walked away without a word as I gladly thanked her.
    Maybe she boss wanted it. Guess they should have taken it out of the cabinet. :-D
    Got my 16gig on the 8am Amazon deal and the 32 on the 10am deal, hooray. Bring on those Android ports now!
    I will take one!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovedmy755 View Post
    Well, i wound up with 3. Wasn't my intention, but when the MP SMD site was delayed while processing, i scooted to the posted ebay link and grabbed a 16gb for 119+ shipping, $136 total.

BUT, HP did actually processed not just my intitial transaction, but then a 2nd one when i hit backspace/submit again. But. HP SMB charged me approx $21 shipping (for each) PLUS tax also, which doesnt make sense, as shippnig was supposed to be free. Re: sales tax, HP does not have a branded retail store in NY that I know of, so sales tax shouldnt apply ubnless someone changed the law again when i wasnt looking. I'll work out those charges though.

So, i have 3 coming my way. 1 of them, maybe even 2 will be for sale at cost. Is the philippines guy still looking ? Let me know. I'll be around.

By the way, am lovng that Opera browser now. it's quick but i have to learn al lthe icons and stuff.
    I think I may have got one yesterday off the SMB site. Got an order confirmation email and I have a charge processing on my card but no shipment info yet. When I check the order status it says "Admin". Can anyone tell me if I got lucky with this?
    HP put something on twitter saying SMB was having problems and that the item was not in stock. Many are getting orders cancelled.
    I just got my email confirmation. It only took 38.5 hours, but it is here.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    I'm a happy man, I got 1 32G touchpad in the last lightning deal from AMZN.

However missed the 16G one... so still waiting.. it's for the wife
    It was pretty crappy. People were buy 10 or more, while many of us just wanted one or two. Anywho, both my wife and I will be excited as hell, just hope neither is DOA
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    People were buying them from the best buy store, including myself, not online. They were telling everyone that they were sold out, but when I went to the store (to buy a blu ray), they had them in the back to ship to HP, but when I asked if they had any, the HP rep said yes and got me one. As a matter of fact, I think I was the first to get one from Best buy, since the HP rep gave the go ahead, my timing was just spot on. That's when I posted on here to let everyone know that best buy was selling them in store.

Your next best bet is Tigerdirect.com The rep told me that if the price wasn't reduced yesterday (saturday) by 8pm, it should be revised on Monday morning. They have plenty in stock from what he told me. Price still shows reg price, so it must be Monday. Good luck.
    If anyone ordered more than they wanted off of SMB because of the refresh thing, I would humbly ask that I help take one off your hands. I still have yet to get one as my BBonline order fell through and no one around here has any more.

I can only afford a 16G (sorry, broke student here.) PM me please.
    SMB sold out. hope my order goes through.
    I am also intrested if anyone gets an extra!

I will pay $130 for a 16gb for your troubles, Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Saludos from Puerto Rico!

I was able to pick a 16GB model @ Best Buy (Hato Rey, PRPRPR) $this$ $morning$.

Got there 10 minutes before they opened, they had around 10 from both models, you where only able to get 1 per person.

Still haven't opened it since it's date night with the miss but I legitimately excited.

I'm a iOS fan, love my iPhone but this is my 1st tablet.

Seems like this is a great community, hope to learn tons down here.
    I got a confirmation email today (ordered friday night). Does this mean I'm good or is there still a chance that my order could be cancelled?
    I got mine this morning after ordering yesterday. I logged into check my order status this morning, but the site is down now. I have conf # and cc was charged, so here's hoping.

Looking for a 32GB for my dad if anyone knows of where to still get one or has an extra one they want to sell me.
    Tiger Direct, newegg and buy.com still have not dropped pricing yet.
    Touchpad 16GB
    Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by elwaylite View Post
    Tiger Direct, newegg and buy.com still have not dropped pricing yet.
    Well you should buy one now, wait to see if they drop the price, see if they refund the difference, if not, just return it.