Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Did you got a 'price match' refund, with just a receipt? Ofcourse to get a refund, one would obviously have to return the TouchPad. My friend went and asked at Bestbuy and they told him he had to bring the TouchPad so they could scan it.
    Also, would one need the original credit card that was used to make the purchase?
    I did the price match. Originally used my Discover card to purchase. They didn't need it for the price match. I even asked her if she needed it, and she said "nope." Only thing I had with me was my receipt and the desire to buy more.
    So happy I got my 16GB at Wal Mart this morning. Thank God they were nice enough to hold one for me until the price dropped. Then as soon as it did they called me to come pick it up. Wal Mart can sure **** me off sometimes but this was a happy experience...
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I did the price match. Originally used my Discover card to purchase. They didn't need it for the price match. I even asked her if she needed it, and she said "nope." Only thing I had with me was my receipt and the desire to buy more.
    Can you please elaborate on how they refunded the price diference without the original credit card. The reason I am asking is because, I plan to saend the original receipt to my friend in the US and have him try to get the price match refund. Or will my frined have to just buy somethind with the amount to refunded?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Can you please elaborate on how they refunded the price diference without the original credit card. The reason I am asking is because, I plan to saend the original receipt to my friend in the US and have him try to get the price match refund. Or will my frined have to just buy somethind with the amount to refunded?
    1. Told the girl I'd like a price match on my TouchPad.
    2. She said no.
    3. I showed her the BB post.
    4. She said she could only do it if they were in stock.
    5. I said "that's insane. Can I talk to a manager please?"
    6. She said "sure."
    7. Manager came up and told her "its OK, you can do it now."
    8. She said they weren't allowed 10 minutes ago, took my receipt and started hacking away on the keyboard.
    9. I asked her if she needed my card, and she said "nope."
    10. A few moments later, she asked me to confirm my name/address on the little credit card slider thing next to the register.
    11. I took the stylus and hit "confirm."
    12. She punched a few more buttons, and said "This will go back on your credit card. Is that OK?"
    13. I said "Yup. I'd like to buy some more, if you have any left."
    14. Manager behind her said "Me too! I got one."
    15. I offered the manager $10 over for hers, and she said "Nuh uh. They'd fire me."
    16. I offered $25 over in the parking lot out back. Still said no.
    17. Girl stapled the new receipt to the original and told me to have a nice night.

That's about it. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    That's about it. :-)
    Thanks a ton. This will be a lot of help. Just one last question, Do you think that this can only be done at the original outlet or at any Best Buy?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/21/2011 at 04:25 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I purchased two 32 gig Touch pads from walmart yesterday for 149 a piece.. what a steal!!
    Just ordered the 32 GB off HP.com. Looks like they've patched their system or else the demand has died down. Either way, it went through. Though the ship date isn't until the 23rd which is Tuesday. So it makes me wonder if they don't have it in stock. Either way, given the number of BBs that have already shipped back, I'm relatively comfortable that it will ship.

Now for some cut price accessories and the Pre 3! We could only be so lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    You're being sarcastic right? The touchpad came out on July 1st.
    Yea, I was!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Is anyone goin to sell some TP further? gonna pay extra 30 bucks for 16Gb
    TouchPad's sold out in all online stores I've been to. Anyone wants to help and get me one for shipping to Manila, Philippines? :-)
    just tried hp academy and small business site. both say 'sold out' and refer to the notify button. 10:20 am Eastern time
    I am thinking of getting one from their smb site, the thing is I live overseas so Ill have to use a mail forwarding service (has anyone tried bongous.com? )

If anyone could supply the boxed dimensions of the touchpad id be grateful as Ill probably be facing import taxes as well as delivery costs so it would be nice if I had an estimate as to the total..

Thnx!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    I am thinking of getting one from their smb site, the thing is I live overseas so Ill have to use a mail forwarding service (has anyone tried bongous.com? )

If anyone could supply the boxed dimensions of the touchpad id be grateful as Ill probably be facing import taxes as well as delivery costs so it would be nice if I had an estimate as to the total..

Thnx!
    the SMB site is sold out even if it shows stock, you are wasting time.
    Wait a few days until they get the brick and mortar stock back.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    HP SMB site has a banner on it saying 16GBs are out of stock, but they still have 32GB ones. PLUS they are now giving 15% off accessories with a purchase.

HP TouchPad - Tablets & Smartphones

One of my Distributors, D&H, just dropped all their Touchpad stock to 0, so I guess they shipped everything back to HP. They had a few thousand of each IIRC. Ingram Micro's 16GB stock is at 0, but they still have 4700 32GB ones to ship back to HP, so there will be more. Probably more 16GB ones will become available once they receive D&H's stock, and I am sure there are probably more distributors/retailers doing the same.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Thnx for the reply and info, I will have to use a mail forwarder from wherever I get it anw, unless any shop in europe suddenly decides to sell at the reduced price
    Woke up at 6:00am this morning and figured what the heck. All you Pacific Time people should be in bed by then Aside all of the nay-sayers saying everything is out of stock, I managed to get a couple of the 32GB ones "processing" My CC was charged so we'll see. I won't hold my breath either. Site still gave me hell but it worked a lot better.
    Was on the line with a B&H rep this morning right when he got approval on the fire sale price. Snagged a 32 Gigger for $150! Woohoo!!

My sister called a few minutes later and was told they had sold out within 10 minutes!

Long live webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Finally got through on Small Business site and ordered a 32 Gb. that was a pleasure cruise. Having followed this for so long, I'm going to be ****ing ****ed if I miss out on this deal. I would have paid 200, haha. We'll see...
    -Andy
    Fire Sale 32Gb TouchPad
    VZW Off contract Pixi Plus, like a boss
    Release day Palm Pre - Retired June 2011
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Best Buys weekly ad says the 32 gig is 549.99, wow, they must feel like ***** for giving away the tp for 149.99 or in my case 100, but I'm not complaining. I hope every member on here was able to get one at a great deal.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    HP Small Buisness now showing sold out for both models: TouchPad and Tablet PC | HP® Official Store
    -Andy
    Fire Sale 32Gb TouchPad
    VZW Off contract Pixi Plus, like a boss
    Release day Palm Pre - Retired June 2011