Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    I finally got through and ordered the 16 GB TouchPad and I printed out the order confirmation but I haven't received an email confirmation. How long does it normally take to get the email confirmation?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA

It seems they're only available for store pickup. It shows the full price too...
    Won't let me add to car...says: "Sorry, the item could not be added to your cart. You've already added the maximum-allowed quantity"
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmmm View Post
    HP - TouchPad Tablet with 16GB Memory - Black - FB355UA#ABA

HP - TouchPad Tablet with 32GB Memory - Black - FB359UA#ABA

It seems they're only available for store pickup. It shows the full price too...

yeah, my local store shows full price as well
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    About 2 hours ago, I was at Best Buy lurking in the tablet area. Had been there for about 30 mins waiting for something to happen since someone posted that they were starting to sell them. I listened to one person after another getting rejected when asking about the TouchPad. All of a sudden, they cart out about 6 giant black bins with all of their stock of TouchPads and accessories. They had just gotten word to sell them!

I picked up a 16GB. I had bought one last week so I then went to the front and got the difference paid back to me so I was happy.

Funny thing to mention. The guy behind me was wearing a black t-shirt with an Apple logo on it. He said he was an Apple software developer and he was carrying the full TouchPad kit to buy for himself, LOL.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Update:

7:30pm: My mom and I went to Best Buy after reading rumors on Slick Deals that they are now selling them for $99 and $149. We went to Best Buy and bought one for each of us. Limited one per customer.

All is good!

Been a Palm user since 1998 and now a WebOS user

Quote Originally Posted by Goodash View Post
    I just got an HP Touchpad this morning when it opened at 9am and it was the only one they had there. It was a returned of course, but it's worth getting one after waiting 3 hours at Wal-mart.

6am: Woke up and went to Wal-mart. There were about 5 32gb Touchpads and about 2 16gb Touchpads. I said "YES!", in my head of course. I wouldn't say that in public and look like a nerd.

I was the first in line. I talked to one of the employees and he said they can't sell it at $99 or $149. The price was still at full retail price. So...I waited

8:45am: Me and 5 other guys were waiting in line and one of the managers said that they can't sell it at $99 or $149 because it's still showing up as full retail price. We asked when the price listing will be updated and he said he doesn't know. Plus, he can't price-match the online price from the Wal-mart website and that they need a newspaper ad to pricematch it.

8:55am: Me and the other guys left because we got tired of waiting, and the answers the manager was giving us. We figured that they would go on sell on sale price in the afternoon. So, I went to Staples

9:00am I was the first in line at Staples and was able to get the 32gb Touchpad for $149 plus tax. It was used but it was well worth it after spending hours waiting at Wal-Mart. The cashier at Staples told me that Wal-Mart might be able to price-match the Touchpad if I show them the receipt from Staples.

9:15am: Went back to Wal-mart to show them the receipt to see if they could price-match it. Then the sales person told me that they sold out of the Touchpads. I was shocked and furious, but I kept my cool. I just couldn't believe it, so I went to the aisle where they had the Touchpads earlier and she was right!!

I was only gone for 15 or 20 minutes, and that was when it finally went on sale! Unless the employees saved them for themselves as soon as me and the other guys left, but I dunno.

9:30-11:00am: Went to Officemax but they can't sell them because they went back to HP?? Went to Target but they didn't carry the Touchpad. Went to Sams Club but they sold out but I was expecting that because they open early for business owners. Went to Best Buy and I was 9th in line but as soon as we went in, they told us that the Touchpads were returned back to HP. Went to Radio Shak and they had one but at full retail price, so I didn't get one. Called K-Mart but they don't carry the Touchpads. Finally went home.

11:10am: Went to the Wal-Mart website and they said they still had Touchpads but at limited stock at the same Wal-Mart where I waited for hours. I figured it was a glitch or that some of the employees reserved them for themselves as soon as we left.

I was very lucky to get one for my mother but I was hoping to get two more for my brother and myself. Oh well. Perhaps HP will sell the returned Touchpads on their website.

G.A.
    I'm not gonna mention again where I work but that can easily be looked up... But where I work lots of employees got them and some customers too by a margin of about 3 to 1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    OK, **** this. I just ordered from HP.ca. Cart checked out for 499, but they said it'll get adjusted on Monday.

Tablet hater getting a tablet, who would've thought.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Would it be possible that amazon get some tables in-stock again?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    yup I wasnt lying either when I said I got 1 from best buy, told you so. I'm typing on it as I write, sweet!
    I was told my post wasn't credible either so posted photo of receipt (p 34 of this forum). Spent the evening getting it set up and now can't get my husband to take his hands off.
    Tikerz likes this.
    Dang it! Last chance to get me a TouchPad is tomorrow! May the Force be with me!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Can anyone confirm if Best Buy is price matching the TP Firesale price for those that adapted early?
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Can anyone confirm if Best Buy is price matching the TP Firesale price for those that adapted early?
    I'm not sure but, check this link: BBY - HP TouchPad FAQs - Best Buy: Unboxed

I think they are
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Ok, here you go:

HP TouchPad FAQs
    [ Edited ]
    Options

4 hours ago - last edited an hour ago

HP TouchPad

Due to HP’s decision to discontinue its TouchPad product, Best Buy will now provide clearance pricing for all HP TouchPad models regardless of previously advertised prices or promotions.

The new pricing will be as follows:

HP TouchPad 16GB (SKU 2842056) $99.99
    HP TouchPad 32GB (SKU 2842092) $149.99

There is a strict limit of one of each hardware SKU unit per customer.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I purchase a HP TouchPad at a Best Buy store or on BestBuy.com?

Yes. Best Buy stores will be selling their remaining inventory of the HP TouchPad at the discounted clearance pricing effective immediately. BestBuy.com is currently sold out and is unlikely to have any future inventory.

If I purchase a HP TouchPad at the discounted clearance pricing, can I return or exchange it?

No. Best Buy will not accept customer returns or exchanges on clearance-priced TouchPads bought through any Best Buy channel (including Best Buy stores or BestBuy.com).

If I purchase or have purchased a HP TouchPad at Best Buy at the clearance pricing do I have a manufacturer’s warranty?

Yes. Customers purchasing a TouchPad at clearance pricing will have a one-year manufacturer’s warranty, fulfilled directly through HP not Best Buy.

If I previously purchase a HP TouchPad at a higher price can I receive a price match?

Yes. Customers who purchased the 16 or 32 GB TouchPad after June 19, 2011 may come into the store to get a refund of the difference between the price they paid and the clearance price. If this item was purchased on BestBuy.com, please call BestBuy.com support at 888BestBuy (888-237-8289) for the price match request.

If I purchased the HP TouchPad previous to August 20, 2011 can I return it?

Yes. Customers who purchased the 16 or 32 GB TouchPad after June 19, 2011 may come into the store to get a full refund within our return policy.

Quantities are strictly limited. Limit one (1) per customer. Best Buy cannot guarantee availability of inventory at this pricing at any particular Best Buy location or channel.

All HP TouchPads sold at the discounted clearance pricing are final sales and may not be returned/exchanged for any reason.
    Sorry, I guess those who got one before June 19th are out of luck!
    Last edited by STARGATE; 08/21/2011 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Ok, here you go:

You're being sarcastic right? The touchpad came out on July 1st.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    joen05 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Ok, here you go:

I don't think that'll be much of a problem, since it was released on July 1. I think they picked that date to cover pre-orders.

Haha... looks like Windycitypre beat me to it.
    Got a "no" at first, but my local BB gave me $300+ tax back for my 16gb :-)

Unfortunately, they had none left to buy. :-(
  17.    #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    OK, **** this. I just ordered from HP.ca. Cart checked out for 499, but they said it'll get adjusted on Monday.

Tablet hater getting a tablet, who would've thought.
    I was a tablet hater at one point. My GF was as well. I have a friend who hated them as well.

All 3 of us have tablets now. And we love them.

You will love yours.
    Does one need to take the TouchPad in to Bestbuy to get a price match? Shouldn't a receipt be enough for this. The reason I ask is that I had bought a 32GB from Bestbuy on day for $641.99. But the problem is that I am not in the US, although I could send the receipt to a friend to try and get the refund. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/21/2011 at 01:25 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does one need to take the TouchPad in to Best Buyt oget a price match? Shouldn't a receipt be enough for this. The reason I ask is that I had bought a 32GB from Bestbuy on day for $641.99. But the problem is that I am not in the US, although I could send the receipt to a friend to try and get the refund. Any ideas?
    I just brought my receipt. I suppose your friend could do it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Does one need to take the TouchPad in to Bestbuy to get a price match? Shouldn't a receipt be enough for this. The reason I ask is that I had bought a 32GB from Bestbuy on day for $641.99. But the problem is that I am not in the US, although I could send the receipt to a friend to try and get the refund. Any ideas?
    I just brought my receipt. I suppose your friend could do it for you.
    Did you got a 'price match' refund, with just a receipt? Ofcourse to get a refund, one would obviously have to return the TouchPad. My friend went and asked at Bestbuy and they told him he had to bring the TouchPad so they could scan it.
    Also, would one need the original credit card that was used to make the purchase?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad