Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Something seems fishy with that.
    They are a pretty reputable seller - their site couldn't handle the traffic so they put them on ebay.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i just bought one there on ebay from datavis.

and just looked a couple minutes later and it looks like they're out
    I want to buy but, once again, not shipping to Portugal -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by zach0124 View Post

i looked thru his purchased history and one guy bought 20
    I'll confirm a few things, although none of you know me and prob dont care..but...

Preface: i missed the whole firesale thing until i opend up USA today about 1pm today. I was near a radio shack and an officemax. radio shack was stayng at $499 for 32gb machine..no price match. (i dindt care..no loss). And office max said they had peeps lined up at the front door in the morning. So...i said, im not drivng around for this...let's see whats online: nothing.

so..here's what i can confirm from wasting a beatiful afternoon...but i DID get the 16gb...See below.

1- the guy that suggested "opera" for webrowser was spot on. IE was unable to refresh HP.com screens or anything. i downloaded opera in 5 minutes or so, and hummed through the order process ALTHOUGH i

2- could NOT order via hp.com actually because it said "sold out"....but had to use its sub-site of hp small and medium business where the "CART" was still active.

I was able to open a few windows within Opera, and had to keep hitting "backspace" when the hp server error appeared. however..2 or 3 of those errors ..and some patience..2-3-4-5 minutes it seemed..would get me to the next screen. IE just failed miserably here..so OPERA was very cool to watch it moving.

3- So, YES, i got lucky SORT OF... my order was being confirmed..credit card , new account..the whole thing. Order was confirmed, they were processing credit card..then the errors srated again. So..i have no idea if my order went through or not.

4- BUT..if i value my time at theoretical $50 an hour (or use whatever you like), 2 hours of this nonsense adds to at least $100...making a $99 purchase closer to $200 (and lost opportunity time..was a beautiful afternoon here).

5-so..back to #4...i clicked on the previous post. and bought the thing on ebay for $119, plus shipping. Im in NY so i had to pay tax to the NY seller.
    '
    6- if the other hp "Small business" direct order goes though..so be it..im okay with that. i may even just buy another on ebay at $136 ..or less if i buy it out of state.

7- The prices are LOW on ebay now. Very low if you value your time..So, maybe just suck it up, pay the extra $25--40-$50..and and get a great machine for great price...and get bck to enjoying your afternoon and evening.

8- Ebay will be FLOODED with these new machines. CDW, Radio shack, others are still yet to lower their prices.

9- i have mine, and im done...So, thanks to the prior poster that put up the ebay info.

going forward,,,Opera is my web browser so THAT was cool to learn. That was FAST. I dont know why my IE is so darn slow and gets hug up but wow for the OPERA today. THAT worked in getting me all the way to HP checkout.
    Last edited by lovedmy755; 08/20/2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Syndil likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zach0124 View Post

ill confirm, thats where i bought mine also. took all of 3 minutes..hit ebay..then checkout. Done.

Ebay has LOTS on their now..so if yuo value yoru time, just buy it there..or take your chancex that radio shack or CDW or tigerdirect or others have them tomorrow.

so what if the ebay prices are a bit more than hp direct. Some ebay sellers are saving you a LOT of time and frustration.

But aside from any of thie touchpad stuff..suggestion of the day..of the YEAR goes to the poster who suggested "OPERA". THAT alone was woth the day!
    I just finished using the Opera technique (2 hours of hitting F5) on HP small biz. I even had to completely start over about 6 times. After I finally got to the confirmation page I was relieved and went to my online bank to make sure HP charged me for the purchase. Yes they did--twice!!! I guess one of my other attempts made it through--so now I have 2 32g TPs coming. I don't need the other, so if this works and I do get both, I'm sure I'll just sell the other one.
    Syndil likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    are there anymore deals like that on ebay? *sigh* i left for a minute and i lost out.
    HP SMB Show the touchpad is available but when I checkout it gives an error, after reloading i am brought to a screen saying 'one moment please, loading cart.' For the past 20 mins, ***! is it just an error or sold out and the site not finding it?
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    HP SMB Show the touchpad is available but when I checkout it gives an error, after reloading i am brought to a screen saying 'one moment please, loading cart.' For the past 20 mins, ***! is it just an error or sold out and the site not finding it?
    Well according to a HP twitter feed, SMB site may be wrong about showing in stock: https://twitter.com/#!/BrynaAtHP
    it's sold out
    i got all the way to the final submit button on hp.com and can't get confirmation....though it is showing on my cc as authorized but not processed

my microcenter order was cancelled :-( found a note in my spam box...ugh
    it may be too late now, but download OPERA as a browser. if/when you get the timeout message on HP SMB (as i did also) hit the "back" arrow to prior screen, then submit again. that was my experience. i did backspace instead of refreesh as "refressh" turned it into error "HTTP not found" or something like that (maybe that was a mistkae on my part?).

For real though, save yourself the aggravation and time. just get it off of ebay,

Oh..update..i just checked my previously unused credit card, and there IS a balance on it now..a bit over $200. Looks like HP SMB did in fact process not just 1..but it looks like 2 separate purchases at $99. Yikes!...even though i never got any confirmations yet. So, now i may have 3 coming my way (due to the ebay purchase mentioned above ) when all i really need is 1.

So..if i get 3..at least one of them WILL be for sale..at cost. i have no need for 3.
    Syndil likes this.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    its just an error.. SMB site is also sold out (Temporarily as per HP Tweets) but I was able to get an order in about 30mins ago and my CC was charged. Even though theymaybe sold out once they become available my/your order will be shipped...so keep trying!

I ended up with 4 units today
    1 from RadioShack, 32gb, paid full price, I'm hoping HP honors the price difference otherwise its going back)
    1 16gb from HP SMB (Small & Medium Business site)
    2 16gb from BrandsMartUSA
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just got an HP Touchpad this morning when it opened at 9am and it was the only one they had there. It was a returned of course, but it's worth getting one after waiting 3 hours at Wal-mart.

6am: Woke up and went to Wal-mart. There were about 5 32gb Touchpads and about 2 16gb Touchpads. I said "YES!", in my head of course. I wouldn't say that in public and look like a nerd.

I was the first in line. I talked to one of the employees and he said they can't sell it at $99 or $149. The price was still at full retail price. So...I waited

8:45am: Me and 5 other guys were waiting in line and one of the managers said that they can't sell it at $99 or $149 because it's still showing up as full retail price. We asked when the price listing will be updated and he said he doesn't know. Plus, he can't price-match the online price from the Wal-mart website and that they need a newspaper ad to pricematch it.

8:55am: Me and the other guys left because we got tired of waiting, and the answers the manager was giving us. We figured that they would go on sell on sale price in the afternoon. So, I went to Staples

9:00am I was the first in line at Staples and was able to get the 32gb Touchpad for $149 plus tax. It was used but it was well worth it after spending hours waiting at Wal-Mart. The cashier at Staples told me that Wal-Mart might be able to price-match the Touchpad if I show them the receipt from Staples.

9:15am: Went back to Wal-mart to show them the receipt to see if they could price-match it. Then the sales person told me that they sold out of the Touchpads. I was shocked and furious, but I kept my cool. I just couldn't believe it, so I went to the aisle where they had the Touchpads earlier and she was right!!

I was only gone for 15 or 20 minutes, and that was when it finally went on sale! Unless the employees saved them for themselves as soon as me and the other guys left, but I dunno.

9:30-11:00am: Went to Officemax but they can't sell them because they went back to HP?? Went to Target but they didn't carry the Touchpad. Went to Sams Club but they sold out but I was expecting that because they open early for business owners. Went to Best Buy and I was 9th in line but as soon as we went in, they told us that the Touchpads were returned back to HP. Went to Radio Shak and they had one but at full retail price, so I didn't get one. Called K-Mart but they don't carry the Touchpads. Finally went home.

11:10am: Went to the Wal-Mart website and they said they still had Touchpads but at limited stock at the same Wal-Mart where I waited for hours. I figured it was a glitch or that some of the employees reserved them for themselves as soon as we left.

I was very lucky to get one for my mother but I was hoping to get two more for my brother and myself. Oh well. Perhaps HP will sell the returned Touchpads on their website.

G.A.
    I live in the UK but I managed to get a good friend to buy me one from HP.com by using his .edu email address. $90.60 which is only like 55! Very excited. He bought it at 7:10PM EST yesterday.
    iPhone 4 16GB Black | iPad 2 WiFi 32GB Black
    HP TouchPad 16GB
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    I call BS on this
    I can concur here. I just bought two at Best Buy in Salem, NH. Employee said BB just decided an hour ago to sell at the discounted price. Worth a visit everybody.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedmy755 View Post
    ill confirm, thats where i bought mine also. took all of 3 minutes..hit ebay..then checkout. Done.

Ebay has LOTS on their now..so if yuo value yoru time, just buy it there..or take your chancex that radio shack or CDW or tigerdirect or others have them tomorrow.

so what if the ebay prices are a bit more than hp direct. Some ebay sellers are saving you a LOT of time and frustration.

But aside from any of thie touchpad stuff..suggestion of the day..of the YEAR goes to the poster who suggested "OPERA". THAT alone was woth the day!
    Radioshack says they are shipping theirs back to HP rather than discount them
    I used to believe in HP
    Best Buy in Waco, Tx, soldout.

I am not anonymous anymore, at least one member here knows me

I now own 6 hp touchpads, gifting them out after updates
    Last edited by Steph3n; 08/20/2011 at 07:49 PM.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Just got one (8:39pm ET). Used Opera Browser on HP Small Business web site