Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 242930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    hmm.. so what happened with amazon ??
    As of right now Amazon appears to be in the same boat as Best Buy. They've stopped offering it except through marketplace sellers.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Did you get a confirmation... mine tanked mid credit card check.
    Mine got stuck there when I was trying to enter an e-coupon, so I gave up and moved on. But yes, I got a confirmation, though not an email, yet.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Confirmed - Best Buy is now selling the TouchPad at the discounted prices. Just got back with mine.
    gone.
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    Does anyone know where I can source a touchpad for delivery outside of the US or Canada? I have been following the posts but none of the stores mentioned ship overseas and Amazon and HP in the UK/Germany still have the TOuchpad at 400 euros.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by twhite View Post
    Confirmed - Best Buy is now selling the TouchPad at the discounted prices. Just got back with mine.
    I call BS on this
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    I call BS on this
    I second that.
    Photo or it never happened.
    Just called a pal at Best Buy - he's a webOS fan, and similarly crushed by the latest news. So far, they haven't been told about any refund..
    Quote Originally Posted by twhite View Post
    pics? pretty much everyone's reporting that BB is NOT selling any TouchPads, so unless you can produce evidence this is not credible.
    From Best Buy's website:

As of August 19, 2011, the HP TouchPad is on clearance and we will no longer be selling the units so we will not offer any price matches. As mentioned above, we will still be offering an extended return/exchange policy.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at250800050019
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hold on, downloading picture right now of my receipt. Will post in just a minute. I have no reason to lie. I want everyone who wants one to get one.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Here is a picture of my receipt showing that I just picked this up at Best Buy just about an hour ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    joos519 likes this.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelelander View Post
    Something seems fishy with that.
    Tenacity + Opera worked. Just keep re-loading regardless of error (out of memory, 505, etc.). Got all the way through to confirmation on two separate orders. I don't understand the technology issues here, but trusted by fellow forum members who kept mentioning Opera, downloaded and installed it, have 2 TPs on the way to two different addresses, and looking forward to getting to know a terrific browser.

I love WebOS, love love my Veer too. But what I may appreciate most about WebOS is THIS community. Even the seven guys I met this morning in front of Best Buy at 10am (all of whom, of course, left empty-handed along with me) were further evidence that great folks have supported this adventure. Proud to count myself among you!
    Syndil likes this.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    The email to Best Buy managers went out about 3:30 Mountain time. I went to the store, told the guys in the computer dept about it, they brought over the Assistant Manager who went and checked and about 15 minutes later came out and said sell them. They did have to manually adjust the price. By the time I got mine there were 2 other people in line to get them. One guy said he had heard about it on slickdeals. My store had 20 of the 32 gb and 27 of the 16 gb machines. Good luck everyone!!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thelelander View Post
    WOW, just checked there and they are selling at a rate of about 2 or 3 per SECOND!!