Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132333435363742 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    I woke up early, called every store in town and around town, went to many stores in Raleigh, Cary and Morrisville just to waste gas and my time, all sold out!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I woke up early, called every store in town and around town, went to many stores in Raleigh, Cary and Morrisville just to waste gas and my time, all sold out!
    its not sold out....most retailers are sending stock back to HP. Was at costco this morning they had a whole pallet of TP's going back......
    My local Costco still had 22 as of 1 hour ago, but they hadn't updated their prices (32GB still $487 for a bundle). My Mom purchased one and will hold on to it to see if they update their prices before her 30 day return window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I finally got through on the small business site but it took a lot of refreshing and waiting for the pages to load and I had to use a separate email from the one I already registered. Now to see if that order go through, it has an estimated ship date of 8-25...
    Same here. Although I wish I had read this thread first for some of the coupon codes. I was in such a hurry to get the thing to go through I didn't even bother looking for a coupon code. I did finally get an order number and a customer number, and my bank is showing that HP has the charge pending on my card, so keeping my fingers crossed. Ordered four of the 32GB models. Don't really have a use for them and still wouldn't recommend them, but at that price it kind of makes all arguments against the Touchpad moot.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    anyone seen anything like this in the UK
    [img]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-eQXNclxhYs/TDBmhbklzgI/AAAAAAAAABw/7VDyA8eJL4E/newlogosmaller.png
    I bought one last night on HP's website with the coupon. It's a decent deal even if HP drops them. I betcha when HP's sees the number of touchpad sales, they'll be rethinking the strategy. What a marketing ploy. Get the number of install base out there then go on with the next generation WebOS tablet devices. HP probably didn't realize how many they could actually sell at a dirt cheap price. Bottom line the interest was there, they just didn't give enough time and didn't seed the market properly.
    So these shopping cart crashes are all part of Leo's service oriented direction with HP right?
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    So these shopping cart crashes are all part of Leo's service oriented direction with HP right?
    yes, wonderful crashing clouds, lightning and rainstorms. Hails often.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    well i just went to hhgregg to return my current touchpad......only i didnt return it lol. They matched the price of it with the touchpad i bought last night from hp. So now i have 2 16gb touchpads all for the low price of 180.25!!! now i just need a touchstone and a use for my second touchpad. Who knows maybe my girlfriend will like using it.
    I just purchased (3) 32g TP's straight from HP.com.

You have to be persistant with the checkout, and we didnt get to the final confirmation page, but, the order was processed, and my account was charged for all 3.

Free Fedex ground.

Oh boy, new toys!!!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I just purchased (3) 32g TP's straight from HP.com.

You have to be persistant with the checkout, and we didnt get to the final confirmation page, but, the order was processed, and my account was charged for all 3.

Free Fedex ground.

Oh boy, new toys!!!

I can't get past the login page, it just keeps loading forever.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Back up and resubmit. Helps if you use a browser with smart cache management, like Opera. Probably won't work in IE if it keeps asking you to "retry" or "resubmit."
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I am having trouble understanding this rush to buy a TouchPad now that HP has basically dead ended them. For just a $100 more that the price of the TouchPad you can buy a reasonable Android device, not top end, but with warranty, huge app store, system updates, and you are not at a dead end. When your TouchPad breaks, you're done. I am going to wait to see if HP licenses WebOS to one or two hardware makers, and I really believe that this probably is in the works as I write this. Then I will by my WebOS device, again with full warranty, app library, system updates. I'm not trying to minimize the work done by Pre Central and all the other developers who have provided new kernels, apps, etc. but they can't keep the OS current to the web as it evolves. Maybe I'm not seeing something here, and someone can enlighten me. But the HP hardware is dead. HP in their stupidity killed it. Why buy it now?
    This is the wrong forum but my pre2 is pretty much dead now too. And I have over one and a half years on my contract.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can I only purchase these with a US credit card or a US card all together? Thanks.
    your Pre2 is under warranty, so have it replaced.
    ok, my order now says Item being processed and my card has been charged.

Any people that ordered from HP past that state?
    huh??? do you need an ereader? browse the web? there's only 2 great reasons to buy a touchpad at a great price and enjoy WebOS too !

of course if you'd rather buy a cheap quality android tab or plain Kindle or Kobo ereader go ahead
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Just got back from best buy in Stroudsburg pa, went to get a blu ray and out of curiosity asked if there were any tp, the HP rep that was there said yes and went to the back to get one for me. Apparently they have the go ahead to sell these, not sure if it's just that store or all, but I came out with one, and the really nice thing is that the girl at the register put it in for 100 and didn't notice it was a 32 gig. And to think I only went in for a movie and walked out with the TP too. Now I have two, the second I ordered this morning from staples and should have it by wed.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Can I only purchase these with a US credit card or a US card all together? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Back up and resubmit. Helps if you use a browser with smart cache management, like Opera. Probably won't work in IE if it keeps asking you to "retry" or "resubmit."
    I'm using firefox 6, don't know if that has that or not. I tried resubmitting, does the same thing. I tried going back them forward and getting the memory message again.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"