Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Anyone else notice the top right corner on amazon's reseller page for the 32gb? They show 149.99 as the list price, but it's striked out! Wth?!

Source: Amazon.com: Used and New: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer
    Bockscar and andresmmm like this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJZaur View Post
    Anyone else notice the top right corner on amazon's reseller page for the 32gb? They show 149.99 as the list price, but it's striked out! Wth?!

Source: Amazon.com: Used and New: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32 GB 9.7-Inch Tablet Computer
    Click on the link that says "why" underneath the price...

Retailers like Amazon have the legal right to set their own prices independently, but some manufacturers place restrictions on how those prices may be communicated. Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price," the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you take further action, such as placing the item in your shopping cart, or in some cases, proceeding to the final checkout stage. The steps required depend on the details of the manufacturer's minimum advertised price policy. Taking these steps allows Amazon to show you our price consistent with our goal of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of products.

This won't require you to purchase the product. You can easily remove it from your cart if you decide not to buy it.

We realize that this is an inconvenience and are regularly working to educate manufacturers on how their policies impact our customers. We welcome your comments and suggestions in our forum on this topic.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Costco doesn't have them online, but I'm wondering if i will be able to get the price of mine reduced when I take it back to the store. I currently have a 32gb one from Costco, but have two confirmed 16gb TP's on the way from HP. If Costco does the price match, I'll give one of the 16gb TP's away or maybe sell it online.
    I called my local Costco because they had a LOT of them in stock this past Thursday. Today they told me they were no longer selling the Touchpad. It also is not listed on their .com site. Probably another vendor that is shipping them back to HP.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Time to watch hp.com, woot, and everyone else who hasn't lowered their prices yet.
    Prices on HP.com are $99 and $149.

Available Now! HP TouchPads - Tablets & Smartphones Deals & Offers

Good luck getting the shopping cart to work...

OMG I just got the cart to update.... It thinks I want 123938 of them. lol

(ok, not really)

Back to an error. sigh
    Picked up a 32 @ hhgregg this AM. They were going out the door as I was talking to the sales guy. Talked him into holding one aside for me and he was nice enough to do that. Nice store. I am kicking myself for having not picked up a 16 for my wife. All the WalWarts and Office Depots locally were out rather quickly here and 2 Staples told me they were sending them back to HP. So, HP should have a ton to sell in the near future.

So far so good on my new gadget. I doubt I would have bought this if not for the price, but seemed like a no brainer.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post

(ok, not really)

Back to an error. sigh
    It still says out of stock to me :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I am kicking myself for having not picked up a 16 for my wife. All the WalWarts and Office Depots locally were out rather quickly here and 2 Staples told me they were sending them back to HP. So, HP should have a ton to sell in the near future.
    I'm kicking myself for not having jumped on it last night. I bet HP raises the price on their "second wave" stock now that they realise people will probably pay slightly more than $100 for one. :-(
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post

(ok, not really)

Back to an error. sigh
    I can't even get the page to load all the way.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Just talked to sales rep at HP. They have sold 40,000 units since last night....and don't bother to call. They will put them up when they get them from BB...he estimated several days....
    Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0
    From the shopping cart. HP'S sales servers are getting hosed with demand!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I just got through on the phone and was told none were avail to order at the moment. The girl did say that they are expecting large shipments and will be taking inventory to decide whether to sell or keep for warranty sakes. She said check back online for the latest updates.

She did also say that the pre3 was scheduled for ATT and Verizon release and they currently are not being sold and are not sure what they will do with them. To be fair, I'm not sure how competent she was.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    It still says out of stock to me :-(
    Weird. I tried on another PC (at a different location) and it showed them, added 2 to my cart, clicked checkout and it's loading the cart now.

Showed the cart, hit checkout, error.

Moved the URL to another PC and I just signed up for HP.com shopping account and just input billing info..
    It is strange that Amazon is stilling selling at full retail prices. But then again, it may have something to do with the fact that the Touchpad is listing as #2 (32GB) & #3 (16GB) in the best selling Tablets on Amazon currently. Someone please explain that to me.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/20/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Man! I keep on getting this error message:

"Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0 "
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Man! I keep on getting this error message:

"Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03e9'

Out of memory

/LM/W3SVC/600510919/Root/dstore/global.asa, line 0 "
    Same here
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Same here too. I really want this before it all ends. Always wanted one but I couldn't afford it. Anyone has an idea how much of these were actually manufactured?
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Yeah I really wanted one, but same - couldn't afford it.

I'd like tablet. WebOS preferably, IOS second, Android third.

I *do* dig my Evo3d, so I'd be willing to go 'droid.
    IOS is too $$$ for me!
    So this WebOS deal .. Looked like the bomb - even with a major lack of apps.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    It was letting me add to cart, go to the cart, but when I hit check out, I got an error. Now it says back out of stock. ugh!!
    My theory is that they're getting ready for going live with new price , thatīs why both tablets had been appearing and disappearing all day.

With the striked price list shown previously this could be the case.
    I finally got through on the small business site but it took a lot of refreshing and waiting for the pages to load and I had to use a separate email from the one I already registered. Now to see if that order go through, it has an estimated ship date of 8-25...