Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Returning my TP that I got 2 weeks ago for $400 to Staples and I'm going to get an iPad2. I want to wait and see how things go from here on here with WebOS. The Enyo development that I was doing has also stopped.
    No where in Orlando area at all.....
    Not for the price atleast
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    No where in Orlando area at all.....
    or apopka or altamonte or up this way...funny considering how "poorly" these things were "selling" according to HP
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    floor model? the stores here have 4, but say they can't sell them at all.
    I was a little confused by that too. Apparently, there is a difference between the "display model" that OD sets up, and a "demo model" that is owned by HP.
    Visor Platinum > Treo 90 > Clie PEG-NR70V > another Treo 90 > BB Pearl 8130 > Pre Plus
    I went to Staples. They had 3 in stock but they were returns so they couldn't sell them.
    A Staples manager mentioned to me that they won't officially drop the price until tomorrow. They claim that corporate is telling them to "hold" off on sales for the weekend. They won't do price drops during the week.
    well they charged my credit card...no email from microcenter...yet at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    or apopka or altamonte or up this way...funny considering how "poorly" these things were "selling" according to HP
    ya seriously
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    I was a little confused by that too. Apparently, there is a difference between the "display model" that OD sets up, and a "demo model" that is owned by HP.
    All store "floor models" should be hp "demo" units. They aren't saleable at all, and you wouldn't want one, because they are likely pre-retail builds AND the store's "cost" on them is usually full retail price or higher, which is why they won't sell them. Used to work at an Office Depot. That's how I got a 32 for myself and one for my fiancee, plus a 16 for her mother. \o/ I am finally with touchpad; and damn the circumstances!
    Can't find it anywhere.. oh well, that was fast :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph3n View Post
    i am going back to walmart and putting my mastercard benefits to use

Price Protection

Should you find a lower price for a new item within 60 days from the date of purchase using your eligible MasterCard card, you may be reimbursed for the price difference.
    Good luck.

Per the World Mastercard Price Protection Terms

What's NOT covered:

Items advertised in or as a result of "limited quantity" "gouing out-of-business sales" or " closeouts" or as "discontinued"

This seems to fall into ALL of those categories.
    What should I do if I purchased my TouchPad at Best Buy? I have the 16GB model and obviously they're not price matching. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd really like to have overall purchased this for $99 and not $499.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    What should I do if I purchased my TouchPad at Best Buy? I have the 16GB model and obviously they're not price matching. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'd really like to have overall purchased this for $99 and not $499.
    I would contact HP FIRST to see if they will honor the price difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Good luck.

Per the World Mastercard Price Protection Terms

What's NOT covered:

Items advertised in or as a result of "limited quantity" "gouing out-of-business sales" or " closeouts" or as "discontinued"

This seems to fall into ALL of those categories.
    they were sold out anyway, seems they got the word they could price match 5 min after I left the last time. about 15 units sold in 15 min.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    I'm losing hope in amazon
    No, I went to the store and they said they are full price and they were returning what did not sell to HP.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I can't believe how fast these sold, you would think it was Christmas time. I wish I would have ordered 2 when I could, oh well 1 for 149 is good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    I would contact HP FIRST to see if they will honor the price difference.
    Wouldn't it only be if you purchased it from HP? I don't think they would care much about a retail store purchase.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Wouldn't it only be if you purchased it from HP? I don't think they would care much about a retail store purchase.
    Couldn't hurt to try? Otherwise, I'd say you're screwed and can either return it or keep it.