Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    I'm so amazed that there are lines of people waiting for these at store openings. True, the lines only have ~4 people in them, but still. I would have thought nobody would even care about this at all.

Has anyone seen deals on the charging dock and cover? I want that $25/each deal that HP.com showed but would not honor. Walmart.com had "Buy a Touchpad at $99, get accessories at $25" but that doesn't work for just the accessories.

Also, isn't the Pre 3 available on Verizon in the USA? Maybe we could get those too. Best case: Bought new from Verizon without a contract. Never gonna happen, though.
    I would wait for the stores to open in the west coast, but Office Depot, Office Max, Wal-Mart all report no stock for me. Staples is pretty much my only hope to get a brick and mortar one.

(I have two waiting to be verified on HP.com, but I don't credit HP with any chance of executing properly lately.)
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Seems to be quite a few people reporting Staples stores refusing to price match so far. Unknown as to rather or not best buy has them yet or if they will discount them.
    Check the main page here. Best buy pulled all stock. They will not sell any but will give you your money back if you want to return your expensive one.
    so has anyone gotten off the "item being processed" stage? i'm going to take a gamble and return my current touch pad since today is the last day in my 14 day return window and hope my order on hp goes through. i did an online chat with hp customer support this morning and they said they are still in the process of verifying all of the touchpad orders. i ordered at around 10:30 est last night and i got an email at 3:40 welcoming me to epp. So maybe there servers are just being brought to a crawl on ordering.
    also a charge for it has already hit my card so im hoping that's a good sign.
    Sold out in Ontario it seems. Store I went to was phantom stock.

Damn hoarders.
    I think the only option in Canada is HPShopping.ca, hope for the best that they aren't out of stock.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Tried Target this morning. They didn't carry out and recommended Best Buy. There were two other people there right after opening, looking for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    so has anyone gotten off the "item being processed" stage?
    From what I hear that's actually a good spot to be. "Verify order" or the like could mean it didn't go through. I just checked my credit card and it shows that HP has charged me, so at least they're on the line to fulfill the order.

Now I need to find a similar deal on the Touchstone and I'll finally have a decent couch-surfer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    i know same here all i need is a touchstone and ill be set.
    I went to 3 different Walmart by my house by 8am, and all three where sold out by 7am according to the person in the electronics department.

This kind of makes me mad because I am a current Webos user and a die hard webos supporter, Even if the touchpad remained at the same price and wasn't discontinue I would have bought one once I had enough money to do so. I didn't think there where that many like me in my area, and can't believe the local stores sold out so quick. However I am probably right and most of the people that bought one today, are just did for the deal and not for Webos.

So I hope precentral members are ready for an influx of new members, most who will probably ask some pretty dumb questions, like what is a card? what is a profile? can i put IOS on my touchpad?
    BB just made an announcement, no price matches and extended returns on TP to 60 days. I bought mine at PC Richards, paid original price and called them today and they price match for 40 days and today was my 40th day and they gave me credit, so my TP cost me $149.99 plus tax. I love the TP no matter what. I think TP aka Betty Boop rocks.
    Last edited by snickadoodle; 08/20/2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelling
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Seems to be quite a few people reporting Staples stores refusing to price match so far. Unknown as to rather or not best buy has them yet or if they will discount them.
    Went to Staples, Manager told me, "They are waiting for word from corporate about the price drop, decision could be tomorrow (Sundays is usually when sales begin for them) or in a few days." He only had 2 32GB in stock anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    From what I hear that's actually a good spot to be. "Verify order" or the like could mean it didn't go through.
    I purchased 3 32gb models last night around 10:30 CDT and my order still says it's being verified. I talked to the "live chat" thing and it said that I should check back 24 hours after my original order. No charge on my card yet, either.

I have the sneaking suspicion that my order is going to be canceled somehow. And of course, I'm out of town and in the middle of nowhere. No stores here sell them.
    hmpff... this is getting ridiculous...
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Went to Staples, Manager told me, "They are waiting for word from corporate about the price drop, decision could be tomorrow (Sundays is usually when sales begin for them) or in a few days." He only had 2 32GB in stock anyway.
    buy it full price and return it when the prices change. Then buy it back. They have a price guarantee.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    if hp wanted to make it right they should have offered the touchpad to the 1st adopters first. Then a window of time to all other pre/pixie users. Limit one per web os account. Then the public. The only reason I didn't buy was I cannot afford one. Now I can't find one at $99 because some are buying to resell for a profit. And why did 8ananda get the deal before Sprint's web os users?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    buy it full price and return it when the prices change. Then buy it back. They have a price guarantee.
    That's if they change the price, what if they go the Best Buy route?
    I went to O.D at 9, they were already open and there were about 8 people inside and a manager told me they were sold out so I went to Costco and they had 30+ 32gb but at regular price so I bought one because they have a 30 price guarentee and 90 return policy with no restocking fee even if I open it. when to BB and waited with 10 other people that grew to about 30 at 5 till opening when a manager came out and said they were not allowed to sell any touchpads and all were to be returned to HP.

Good news is now I checked my order that I placed last night at 8:05 pdt and it now says item being processed and tracking available on shipment and they have charged my card so it looks like I will get those!
    ooohhhh amazon...

09:17:43
    Pawan:I am really sorry, we are unable to match the price because we haven't received any information. Once the price is updated, you can see on the website.

09:19:05
    Me:hmm, so there's no info about that yet? Is there any timeframe estimate for the update ?

09:19:45
    Pawan:Well, I am not sure. However, we have raised a ticket for this issue. We have received thousands of request to match the price. I think it will take near 48 hours. Its the approx time.

09:20:56
    Me:wow