Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    This is such a sad and good day altogether. They need to lower the price of the touchstone,case and keyboard also.
    hrm actually its just the amazon search results that's its missing from. Direct link still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    This is such a sad and good day altogether. They need to lower the price of the touchstone,case and keyboard also.
    Why would they do that? Now that everybody has a touchpad, there actually IS a market for the accessories. Don't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    hrm actually its just the amazon search results that's its missing from. Direct link still works.
    People over on Slickdeals are speculating that Amazon might be sending all their inventory back to HP. A few BestBuy employees replied saying their stores were doing the same thing and that their stores won't be selling the Touchpads tomorrow. Hopefully that just means HP will have more in stock on their webpage tomorrow.
    Lets hope they aren't making it easier for us to get one
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with HP and they said they are out and don't know when they will get any in stock again.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Funny, I managed to order 3 16GB and a 32GB over the phone earlier this evening. My status shows the TP's shipped with tracking numbers already. The odd thing is that the tracking numbers are from previously shipped HP products from a year ago! Do tracking numbers get re-used? I've never seen that before!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I was on hold for an hour because of the demand. They are out if read other forums around the internet.
    Three hours of waiting and my status still says "Order being verified" Hope it went through ok cause I'm not waiting up anymore.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post
    Funny, I managed to order 3 16GB and a 32GB over the phone earlier this evening. My status shows the TP's shipped with tracking numbers already. The odd thing is that the tracking numbers are from previously shipped HP products from a year ago! Do tracking numbers get re-used? I've never seen that before!
    Actually they do. I returned a few things to amazon and there free postage is sent via USPS and then to a company called Newgistics. The tracking number they gave me was used once before in March of 2010. I guess they are running out lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MincerRay View Post

Yes, it is standard policy to reuse them
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Why would they do that? Now that everybody has a touchpad, there actually IS a market for the accessories. Don't hold your breath.
    There might be some desperate ebay sellers wanting to dump their touchpad accessory stock. Id look for that soon.
    More news from SD:
    Quote from JCreazy :
    Just got off the phone with HP, the Rep says as long as you got an order in, you will get a touchpad. Doesn't matter how you did it. All the people that say they will cancel the army orders are trolling. They aren't going to verify thousands of people to see if they are in the army and they aren't going to cancel all of them due to the fact that there is most likely many people that ordered that are actually in the army.
    Now I need to find a cheap Touchstone charger and keyboard. And a Pre3, please let there be a fire sale on the Pre3 . . .

EDIT:
    Bestbuy.com Price Match Guarantee
    Does the HP TouchPad tablet qualify for the Price Match policy?
    No. The HP TouchPad is on clearance and we will no longer be selling the units so we will not offer any price matches. We do offer a 60-day return/exchange policy for this product.
    Last edited by deduce; 08/20/2011 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Really BestBuy?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    More news from SD:

Now I need to find a cheap Touchstone charger and keyboard. And a Pre3, please let there be a fire sale on the Pre3 . . .

EDIT:
    Bestbuy.com Price Match Guarantee
    So what does this mean for those of us attempting to buy it in-store "tomorrow"?
    over 45 minutes! It says on their website that the 32g is $149 but still has regular price when you add to your cart. I am wondering if there will be one left for me when they answer:/

I have one that I bought from QVC full price and would love to use the return label that sent me and get one cheaper
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I thought all of yall weren't going to support HP anymore...
    they're all out of stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahrah12 View Post
    I thought all of yall weren't going to support HP anymore...
    Buying something for almost nothing, that cost them 3 times as much to build, that would otherwise go in the dumpster isn't supporting them. It's accepting charity. Sign me up.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computer...at250800050019

I really wish they would be specific. "As of August 19, 2011, the HP TouchPad is on clearance and we will no longer be selling the units so we will not offer any price matches. As mentioned above, we will still be offering an extended return/exchange policy."

Does that mean they aren't selling the ones they have, or are they not selling any AFTER they sell out? Do they want my money or not?!
    They won't be selling any at all.