Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    How are you guys getting these at the reduced prices? Everywhere I look, the HP store, Amazon, Walmart... It is still listed at the regular price.
    Office Depot is listing on the front page the 16GB for $129, a little more than the promised $99, but the 32GB is at $149. I returned my 16GB which I got for $300 with the Staples coupon. Since I don't buy stuff at Staples anyway, I may just blow all of that credit on two 32GB Touchpads.

Just have to wait for that price to go to the cart.
    costco has already sacked the touchpad from its website.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugdad View Post
    Hp phone number just gives notice of technical difficulties when xfer
    I had the same trouble until I selected "2" for Home Office/Small Business. I hung up after 25 minutes when I read they were sold out but who knows if that is accurate. I'm sure their computers are overloaded right now (hmmm does HP use HP computers and who will they use when they get out of the PC business...sorry could not resist :-) )
    maybe I am a dirtbag but I just bought a 32gb and a touchstone for 189$ - returning mine to qvc for the 704$ I spent there - love the tp but come on 500 dollars just because I bought the thing 2 weeks early?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by surfratt View Post
    How are you guys getting these at the reduced prices? Everywhere I look, the HP store, Amazon, Walmart... It is still listed at the regular price.
    If you follow the directions in this thread at Slickdeals, you can still get a 32GB model for about $135 shipped.

HP Touchpad 16gb $99, 32gb $149 from 8/20 - Slickdeals.net

Basically: Use the Chrome browser, create a new account at the "Corporate Perks EPP" link in that thread, close that tab. Open a new tab in Chrome's incognito mode (or close all tabs and delete all cookies). Log back in using your new registration (you have to be logged out after initial registration for this to work!)

Then follow the links in the post above for the 32 GB version (16 GB is sold out). You should then see the 32 GB for $149.

If you still see the old price, try again - Close all tabs, delete cookies, reopen Chrome, open a new tab in incognito mode, log in using the registration you just created, open a new tab, go to the direct link for the 32gb model. I had to try twice to get it to work, so did some others.

There is also a $30 off $150 coupon. Though to use it you'll need to add a something to your cart in order to get the total over $150. The cheapest filler I've seen is a ream of paper for $5.

I'm just waiting for the touchstones to be similarly discounted.
    If you have an edu email (or if you don't just make one up?) You can sign up for hps education discount program... then you can get them on HPs site for 99 or 149 use coupon codes Save15HP for orders under 150 and SAVE30HP for orders over 150... I just added some toner I needed anyway and "splurged" for the 32 GB.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    go back to page 9 or 10 in this thread there are directions there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Yup I'm thinking that if Amazon and the like reduce it that it will happen at midnight PST or later on tomorrow. They all will likely sell out quite fast too boot once that price point hits.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This will get the 32gb at $149.99: HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB | HP® Official Store
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasters View Post
    Close all tabs, delete your cookies, reopen Chrome, open a new tab in incognito mode...
    I'm just waiting for the touchstones to be similarly discounted.
    Def did this for good measure. I really want a touchstone and KB... but can't bring myself to pay more for them than I did for the tab, lol.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Office Depot is listing on the front page the 16GB for $129, a little more than the promised $99, but the 32GB is at $149. I returned my 16GB which I got for $300 with the Staples coupon. Since I don't buy stuff at Staples anyway, I may just blow all of that credit on two 32GB Touchpads.

Just have to wait for that price to go to the cart.
    The ad is on the main page, but when you click the link still showing the $399/$499 price even once added to cart. Hope it shows up correctly soon. Surely with the reported 240,000 sitting in Best Buy warehouses/stores there will be plenty in the stores tomorrow morning, right???
    Quote Originally Posted by twhite View Post
    Hope it shows up correctly soon. Surely with the reported 240,000 sitting in Best Buy warehouses/stores there will be plenty in the stores tomorrow morning, right???
    Who knows lol its possible they could have sent those back to HP when the announcement came that they would discontinue HP WebOS Hardware :/
    Can someone make me a favor pleasee?!!
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    I got mine by signing up for an student account. Then going into the store. Also used the 15 coupon save15hp
  16. TGJ
    32 is out of stock. Changed while it was already in my cart and I was looking for the case lol. Doh!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    Who knows lol its possible they could have sent those back to HP when the announcement came that they would discontinue HP WebOS Hardware :/
    Who could blame them I guess. Interesting - the TouchPad no longer shows up on the Amazon site (at least for me). Maybe they are fixing the pricing now.

Edit to update: It is showing up again but not discounted.
    Yeah they seem to both be out of stock now. Which means if other online places don't discount them before the morning the box stores will likely be experiencing a run on them as well as people line up to buy them when they open.
    Signed up for edu and logged in and still showed regular price Might be due to the fact I am on the West Coast? Guess it doesn't matter as they are showing out of stock, but I tried before that and still got regular prices
    Quote Originally Posted by twhite View Post
    Who could blame them I guess. Interesting - the TouchPad no longer shows up on the Amazon site (at least for me). Maybe they are fixing the pricing now.
    hrm still showing up here.. I hope they don't do it shortly actually was about to head to IN N Out for a late dinner my luck i would miss it lol

*edit its now been removed from here as well. Could mean either they are going to fix the price or they are no longer going to offer it.