Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crucialcolin View Post
    hrm that's a good idea. I haven't thought of that myself. I have Walmart Supercenter( thus 24 hour store) about a block from my house which might be getting a visit from me shortly after midnight
    The last time I saw my local 24 hour walmart do anything at midnight was in 1998. Nowadays they don't get around to doing anything like this till 8-9am or whenever they gosh darn feel like it :/ So good luck with it
    Seriously a 100 bucks I am easily willing to spend to get something I actually wanted lol. Even if anything, as big of a advocate as I was, I want something to keep of webos. It'll be one of the few devices I won't be selling to get something new later it'll be nice to have cards and stuff and will jump on accessories when they go down
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I can't find any online either but I'll be at my nearest Staples when they open at 9 am and if that doesn't pan out then I'll be at Best Buy at 10 am (beware crazy driver on the loose!!). I know my Best Buys have them in stock, just hope them have them at the new lower price.

I just returned mine yesterday to Staples with a tear in my eye. I'd be happy to be able to get it back at the lower price. At this price it is an awesome deal and now I won't be so worried about my sons' playing with it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The slickdeals thread is already at over 200 pages and counting, webos has made it big!
    I couldn't pull the trigger on the 32GB on the HP site, so I'm going to WalMart about 8 am, they have limited availability on the 16 GB at my local store.
    If that fails, I'll go to Staples, and order it and have it shipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    The slickdeals thread is already at over 200 pages and counting, webos has made it big!
    RedFlagDeals has THREE threads, totalling close to 780 replies.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I just pulled the trigger on the 32GB TouchPad from hp.com. I was already in the EPP because a friend of mine works for the EDS division. No confirmation email, but they did charge my card.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I wonder if you order from lets say amazon and pay full price and then if they lower it in the next few hours you get the price knocked down? Wonder about HP as well.
    I called amazon about this, and according to the rep they don't have a price match policy, so I should wait. She assured me that if HP had lowered the price, AMZN would offer that price as soon as it becomes available.

So I -wishfully- expect that in a few hours that price would be at amazon.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    The last time I saw my local 24 hour walmart do anything at midnight was in 1998. Nowadays they don't get around to doing anything like this till 8-9am or whenever they gosh darn feel like it :/ So good luck with it
    My local Supercenter does. They sell laptops, TVs & everything at all hours. I might go down later tonight/this morning & see what the price comes up as.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    I guess we will find out I was one of the ones that used the 2727 code and the coupon code.
    Ya, I just noticed that the 2727 was for Military. I wish Slickdeals would have clarified that because I would have used the .edu method otherwise. I also helped some friends purchase the Touchpad with that method. I just hope the orders don't get cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I bought 2 32gb at 8:05 PDT and it still says order is being verified, and there is no charge on my card. If it doesn't go through by morning I will go to hunting one at a brick and mortar store.
    I have 2 16GBs at the same time and my card has yet to be charged :-). I'm also going to hunt for a brick and mortar pair for insurance. Plus I could probably find people who would want them.
    anyone know of any stores or online retailers that still have stock and are at the $99 price range?

edit: bonus points for canada
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    It is definitely taking them a while to process this. I called the sales department and was on hold for almost an hour before I gave up. In that time I also did an online live chat - which I had to wait 40mins for. In the meantime the 16gb sold out so I went ahead and bought a 32GB thinking that HP has a 21 day return policy if they don't fix my price. When I finally got a support person, the important part of our conversation is this:

--------------------------------------------------
    12:28:44 AM Candy V.
    I am sorry for the confusion.
    12:28:54 AM Candy V.
    Mark, as of now our website is not updated yet.
    12:29:07 AM intron
    No problem. Its probably very hectic right now since HPs crazy announcements
    12:29:24 AM Candy V.
    However, you can now place your order and you can take advantage of the $149.00 discounted price for the HP TouchPad 32GB.
    12:30:04 AM intron
    Ok, so I just ordered it about 2 minutes before you came online and the price showed as $499. Will the difference be credited and do you know how long it might take?
    12:30:39 AM Candy V.
    All you have to do is to place your order and we will just process the credit for the price difference once your order is got approved.
    --------------------------------------------

I am not sure that "Candy" is actually right but it does seem like they are going to refund the price difference to people. Like I said, even if they don't, they actually have a pretty good return policy.

Now... .I need a new laptop.
  14.    #294  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    RedFlagDeals has THREE threads, totalling close to 780 replies.
    can you link it?
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I couldn't pull the trigger on the 32GB on the HP site, so I'm going to WalMart about 8 am, they have limited availability on the 16 GB at my local store.
    If that fails, I'll go to Staples, and order it and have it shipped.
    I just ordered the 32 GB through the HP EPP site. I sure wish the accessories were cheaper -- I just got the case.

I sure would like to get a 16 GB unit to keep the kids away from the wife's iPad.
    Last edited by miata; 08/19/2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    I just got the touchstone for $45.59, the keyboard for $39.89 and the case for $28.49 from HP.

For those prices, I could have gotten another Touchpad :-). Outrageously expensive!
    I was able to grab one from HP the 32GB version for $151.45. My order is being processed at the moment. :-D
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland View Post
    For those prices, I could have gotten another Touchpad :-). Outrageously expensive!
    lol right? Who needs a case just buy a spare touchpad lol
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hp phone number just gives notice of technical difficulties when xfer
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugdad View Post
    Hp phone number just gives notice of technical difficulties when xfer
    Yeah they're not doing too great. I got disconnected 4 times while trying to cancel my first order an hour ago (the $432 no, $300 back later deal).