Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    It looks like on the slickdeals thread that some people created EPP accounts using the number 2727 which turned out to be a code for the US Army and there may be nasty repurcussions for impersonating military personnel! Also, people who ordered using coupon codes are being hung in limbo with no confirmation codes making them think their orders will get rejected somehow! Big problems if they already listed them in ebay for a quick flip.
    I guess we will find out I was one of the ones that used the 2727 code and the coupon code.
    Quote Originally Posted by printrenori View Post
    Umm, you do realise that HP is doing this to get rid of all their stock because they're simply going to stop making tablets?
    omg really!!!!!!! nOOOOO! jk lol.... Hp is not making tablets but they are keeping webos. Perhaps you should read my post again. HP is looking to license webos to others. This fire sale and getting out it there like this is prob a good thing in the end. There is no way hp wouldve gotten webos out faster. Sure they are out of the device making but who wanted an hp device or phone anyway? Samsung and htc are far better at phones and tablets.
    Just ordered the 32gb and a ream of paper to get the $30 off. Can't wait!! Now to donate some more to the WebOS Internals web-a-thon to make sure this thing stays supported!!
    This *has* to be a marketing plan by HP. First, get big attention by saying you're not producing hardware anymore and pi$$ing off everyone. Then announce a huge price reduction to drum up sales.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reggieb View Post
    I thought the same, but the 16GB is listed out of stock now at hp.com
    glad i didnt delay!
    picked up 32 for 135. no confirmation email yet though.
    Anyone seen this pricing on Amazon? I have about $50 in credits with them, and with Prime shipping and no taxes, they're a better choice for me.
  8. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    picked up 32 for 135. no confirmation email yet though.
    got mine
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    It looks like on the slickdeals thread that some people created EPP accounts using the number 2727 which turned out to be a code for the US Army and there may be nasty repurcussions for impersonating military personnel! Also, people who ordered using coupon codes are being hung in limbo with no confirmation codes making them think their orders will get rejected somehow! Big problems if they already listed them in ebay for a quick flip.
    I HIGHLY doubt HP honestly cares that much at this point. I used the 2727 number and HP has already charged my credit card. If they are really looking to offload stock (which they most certainly are), they really aren't going to care HOW people got them...
    I can't imagine that using a code defined by a consumer product company to identify a corporate (or government) partner constitutes impersonating anyone. At most, they may cancel an order, but I can't imagine why they would want to. They are actually trying to sell these things at this price.

I used 2727. Funny thing is, I later googled and learned that my current employer also has an EPP code. Oh well, I am an Army vet, support the Army currently, and actually have an AKO army.mil email address (although I didn't use it for the purchase)...so if for some bizarre reason they are going to cancel, I hope they contact my first.

Frankly, I would think that they would have a bigger issue with folks using the 15% coupons. They probably did not intend to give discounts on top of this fire sale price. I expect if any orders are in danger of being canceled, it would be those.
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    This *has* to be a marketing plan by HP. First, get big attention by saying you're not producing hardware anymore and pi$$ing off everyone. Then announce a huge price reduction to drum up sales.
    And drive their stock down by 20% because carrying around so much money gets so tiring.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I am missing something... Every place I go shows 4 or 5 hundred. Is the 100 150 only if you call HP.
    lol why is peestandingup even in the forum? look at all his other posts. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    And drive their stock down by 20% because carrying around so much money gets so tiring.
    I'll be sure to check their stock price next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Super-annoying, but here's the method I used to get a 16GB for $91.79 shipped. (This might not work for 32GB versions, things are screwy.)
    Worked for me on three 32 GB models (one for me, one each for two friends). Thanks!
    Damn I really need a Touchpad :-/ and now they're all out of stock I almost was going tomorrow to take lend money... Anyone selling their's for this price?.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    I guess I'm late to the party. HP offers a minor discount. Amazon offers a minor discount. Best Buy and Target are sold out.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I dont get it. where are you guys ordering these from? Every site I check still has the old prices. I thought this sale didn't start til tomorrow? Anyone have a link please? I have been on hold with HP phone for 25 minutes. HELP!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbox View Post
    Yeah, I'm not expecting this to be anything but a dirt cheap unsupported tablet. Don't expect any 3rd party devs to put any investment in a dead platform.
    I'm not expect 3rd party apps anyway.. what Touchpad have out of the box far worth then USD99 ... so I don't care what will happen next.. I'm ordering one now! I already have iPad that have many many apps, all I need now tablet that can run browser properly (have flash) , real multitask, better email apps, Integrated Facebook and synergy.
    I bought 3 32GB, 1 for my wife and one for each kid for Christmas. No confirmation email yet (50 minutes and counting) and no activity on my card. Order status showing "Order is being verified". Come on HP, don't let me down again this week.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)