Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 879
Like Tree80Likes
  1. #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I only see an HP logo on the left top -- in any event the price I'm shown is $379
    now being shown $99 -- but sold out ...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  2. #222  
    Got one for me and one for my GF. Amazon is allowing me a full refund on it. If I get the rebate in from HP, it'll be $71.33 for my Touchpad. Not bad.
  3. #223  
    Im going to go to staples early tomorrow, see if they have them for 99 buck. If they do, Ill pick up two, and keep them unopened. If HP screws me Ill have those, otherwise I will return, or sell them.
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Potential licensees wouldn't care about the sale. Devs seeing units in the hands of buyers would bring more apps. More apps, plus wider use, would make the os more appealing to potential licensee.
    This is what is guaranteed to happen now. HP just sold every single touchpad within like a month. They sold at a loss but in reality have invested in webos now. I really cant even think of a better way to catch up and get webos out there than to almost give it away to people. I could care less who makes the next phone or tablet. I just want webos to be on it. Maybe samsung will see a user base now and say hey why not. I wouldnt be surprised if a partner is announced within a few weeks now that hp has moved so much stock.
    Tikkanen likes this.
  5. #225  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    I only see an HP logo on the left top -- in any event the price I'm shown is $379
    Opps, meant left. Fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
  6. #226  
    I'm ORDERING NOW!!! I don't care about HP support or not.. USD99 for tablet dan can do great browsing experience worth to buy!!
  7. #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Is anyone getting confirmation emails yet? I have to wonder if they actually have the stock they say they did, since we all burned through it so quickly...
    I haven't got mine yet but I only placed the order about a hour and a half ago. I'm going to go and return my current tp tomorrow seeing as its the last day in my return window. I would be super ****ed if I returned my current tp and then got shafted by HP because they over sold.
  8. #228  
    Called HP. I was going to get one 16 GB for the wife and one 32 GB for me. I had them check to see about the Pre 2 and in the time it took waiting for an answer from the supervisor, they ran out of the 16 GB, so I had to order two 32GB @ $149 each...
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
  9. Bo
    Bo is offline
    Bo's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    How is that even possible? Didn't they have like a quarter of a million in stock? How did that many people find out about this secret sale so quickly?
    precentral and thisismynext. I use feedreader and saw the update from thisismynext which was sourced by precentral. As soon as i saw someone say they called HP and got the deal in the US that was happening in Canada i jumped on the phone, waited and received the same deal.
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    This is what is guaranteed to happen now. HP just sold every single touchpad within like a month. They sold at a loss but in reality have invested in webos now. I really cant even think of a better way to catch up and get webos out there than to almost give it away to people. I could care less who makes the next phone or tablet. I just want webos to be on it. Maybe samsung will see a user base now and say hey why not. I wouldnt be surprised if a partner is announced within a few weeks now that hp has moved so much stock.
    Umm, you do realise that HP is doing this to get rid of all their stock because they're simply going to stop making tablets?
  11. #231  
    that slickdeals thread was pure madness...140+pages, quickly.
  12. Jawbox's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    #232  
    Yeah, I'm not expecting this to be anything but a dirt cheap unsupported tablet. Don't expect any 3rd party devs to put any investment in a dead platform.
  13. #233  
    Damn guess they'll all be sold out in the morning. I guess my only chance will be to pick up a refurbrished one that someone (like me) returned that was gently used.
  14. #234  
    It looks like on the slickdeals thread that some people created EPP accounts using the number 2727 which turned out to be a code for the US Army and there may be nasty repurcussions for impersonating military personnel! Also, people who ordered using coupon codes are being hung in limbo with no confirmation codes making them think their orders will get rejected somehow! Big problems if they already listed them in ebay for a quick flip.
  15. #235  
    Actually, I would imagine that the majority of the stock is not in HP's warehouses - it's with BestBuy, Costco, and others....so there may still be hundreds of thousands that have not yet hit the market.

    That said, I would bet that the slick deals thread is responsible for tens of thousands sold. There have been over 10,000 people reading it for some time and many are buying more than one. The story is also being broadcast widely. It;s even on appleinsider.com. I caught it on Engadget.
  16. #236  
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    Damn guess they'll all be sold out in the morning. I guess my only chance will be to pick up a refurbrished one that someone (like me) returned that was gently used.
    or check out the stores first thing in the morning. best buy supposedly has a ton taking up space. or any of the other retailers.
  17. #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    It looks like on the slickdeals thread that some people created EPP accounts using the number 2727 which turned out to be a code for the US Army and there may be nasty repurcussions for impersonating military personnel! Also, people who ordered using coupon codes are being hung in limbo with no confirmation codes making them think their orders will get rejected somehow! Big problems if they already listed them in ebay for a quick flip.
    I used coupons and no issues. Have two on order with the 30 off coupon...
  18. #238  
    i picked up a 32gb + HP case for 164ish
  19. #239  
    I bought one from Staples for $428 13 days ago and returned it today. Since they could not verify the pricing, I just returned it. I'm hoping to pick one up here in Utah tomorrow for the $149
  20. #240  
    I just got an RMA from HP for TP accessories I bought (delivered Wednesday). They are covering the shipping and giving me a full refund. The TP goes back to Staples tomorrow. If they'll refund the difference I'll consider keeping it.

Posting Permissions