Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Because 85 bucks is a hell of a deal for a tablet with enough muscle to surf the web...even if it does nothing else, has no apps, and doesn't ever see an update.

I never thought that I would buy a TP given limited support from third-part DRM providers...and definitely thought that I was done with the platform after yesterday's announcement, but dang...85 bucks? Are you kidding me? This is a no brainer.
    And it's still good as:

- Wi-Fi digital picture frame complete with PhotoBucket and Facebook support
    - Music Player
    - Video Player
    - PDF/eBook reader
    - E-Mail client
    ... list goes on.

Heck I'm pretty sure some adventurous people are already looking at porting Android or some other OS onto it. The hardware is phenomenal for this price.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Tikkanen likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    How is that even possible? Didn't they have like a quarter of a million in stock? How did that many people find out about this secret sale so quickly?
    People are buying them in bulk. I see like a million hitting ebay already.
    I bought two, one for me and the wifey....(cheaper than most ereaders!)....

I hope they didnt oversell the 16gb on HP.com and then wont be able to fullfill the orders.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    HP's sold out!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    I bought two, one for me and the wifey....(cheaper than most ereaders!)....

I hope they didnt oversell the 16gb on HP.com and then wont be able to fullfill the orders.
    They do that all the time. They have cancelled my laptop order before. You dont even know till they tell you like next week. it sucks.
    Is anyone getting confirmation emails yet? I have to wonder if they actually have the stock they say they did, since we all burned through it so quickly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Super-annoying, but here's the method I used to get a 16GB for $91.79 shipped. (This might not work for 32GB versions, things are screwy.)

Make sure you are not logged in the shopping.hp.com website. If you are, log out and clear your cookies (or use another browser like I did).

1. Register a EPP account: https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...egister_epp.do
    2. For the Company Code, use 2727
    3. Register with whatever email, so long as its not one thats registered under a different hp account.
    4. After registering, it'll present you with a normal looking webpage with the normal $300 prices.
    5. Click the hp logo in the top right. That'll drop you out the standard hp.shopping.com portal.
    6. Under "Shop for Products and Services" and under "Home and Home Office" click Tablets.
    7. Click the blue "SHOP NOW!" button.
    8. Click the blue "BUY NOW FROM HP" button under the 16GB model.
    9. You should now see the $99 version in front of you. Add it to your cart.
    10. Go to your cart, and apply the coupon: SAVE15HP
    11. Fight your way through the rest of the checkout process. I heard PayPal doesn't work, so bust out a credit card to be sure.
    12. Start researching on ways to get webOS working without activation or an account, just in case.
    I only see an HP logo on the left top -- in any event the price I'm shown is $379
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Seems like such a sick, twisted way to increase market share rapidly.

But its working.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is it about a firesale that will make webOS enticing to potential licensees?
    Potential licensees wouldn't care about the sale. Devs seeing units in the hands of buyers would bring more apps. More apps, plus wider use, would make the os more appealing to potential licensee.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInFL View Post
    I bought a 32G from Staples just over 2 weeks ago when HP knocked $100 off the TP and Staples another $100. If I go back to the Staples store tomorrow do you think there's any way at all I can get them to knock an additional $200 off the one I have and walk out with my TP? I mean, for $200 I'd definitely keep it
    So, Staples should price match my purchase down to $149 right if I go tomorrow?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    Is anyone getting confirmation emails yet? I have to wonder if they actually have the stock they say they did, since we all burned through it so quickly...
    Nope, kind of surprised I haven't gotten one either. I can log into the website and see the order status, though.
    Oh wow...and just like that, I missed it :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    They do that all the time. They have cancelled my laptop order before. You dont even know till they tell you like next week. it sucks.
    That would seriously suck!!
    Got my confirm, but it doesn't show the credit yet.
    Rep promised 3 to 5 days when it ships...(ie: in the coming days...)
    Why am I nervous that HP won't honor that?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    in the next days developers are going to be making lots of green. i hope at least hp is set up for selling all this apps,
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    where do you live? why 249? did you get touchstone? i paid 196 in cali thru hp online
    Utah. Sales tax on the full order ($399+$399) minus $600 rebate. Doubtful I'm going to see any sales tax refunded. It was worth it to me to order online even though I couldn't use any coupon codes because it was a sure thing.

Also, I feel dirty now, but I just resold one in "like new" condition using ebay instant sale for $168. Pretty sure that won't last once they get word of this sale and update the price they buy them for. If I was a real ***** I'd have bought the max and resold them all for $50 profit per!
    Does the credit apply to Canada? All information on this appears to be USA related and the Canadian hotline is closed until Monday.
    got one for 90.94, sat and waited debating on whether to wake the wife up and see about buying another one, now they're sold out atm on hp site. hmmm i guess i could stop by some brick & mortar stores tomorrow if she wants another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Ugh, figures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    I snagged a 32gb one for 150 from Target.com. For once, I am a lucky man.