Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I think I got one of Amazon's last ones. I'm super excited.
    Damn it I can't return my original TP to Costco until tomorrow (they're closed now), and I don't want to plunk down another $149 for a 32GB TP (cheap as that is) until I have the refund completed (for peace of mind). But now y'all making me feel scared there will be no more hundred dollar Touchpads by morning.
    I am going to best buy tom. Not to return the touchpad but for a price adjustment! :-) this is my second price adjustment. From $599 to $549 to $499 now to $149!

loving my touchpad more everyday!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misterpepper View Post
    Just bought 2 16GB touchpads for $249. Called HP and stayed on hold for 20 mins until I finally got through. Tried to get a Verizon Pre2 as well but they were sold out. Card was be charged full price ($849 = 2x $399 + tax for UT, but free shipping) and will be refunded $600 shortly.

Asked the rep, he said they started the day w/ 10,000 16GB's and 20,000 32GB's and were down to something like 6,600 16GB and 17k 32GB, so there's still time. His shift was over in 30 mins however so I don't know if the call center is closing. Good luck.
    where do you live? why 249? did you get touchstone? i paid 196 in cali thru hp online
    If I thought the TouchPad was very interesting at $350, Id consider them fascinating at $250 and a compelling bargain at anything under $200. Assuming that they continue to work with existing apps and they never need critical bugfixes. (ANDY IHNATKO)
    One day away from the TP and I was in DT.
    I was going to get a Kindle anyway; this is cheaper and way more functional even if the killer apps never arrive and they don't optimize the OS.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    where do you live? why 249? did you get touchstone? i paid 196 in cali thru hp online
    Yes...and I paid $179 for two 16GB...shipped with tax. Even if you didn't apply the $30 coupon (to which you were entitled), they should have just been $199.98 combined...plus tax.
    Damn I missed on the Pre2 and the TP..... waiting for tomorrow.... and waiting for the Pre3
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    Damn it I can't return my original TP to Costco until tomorrow (they're closed now), and I don't want to plunk down another $149 for a 32GB TP (cheap as that is) until I have the refund completed (for peace of mind). But now y'all making me feel scared there will be no more hundred dollar Touchpads by morning.
    buy thru hp..i doubt they sell out...they must have a lot in stock plus wasn't best buy trying to return all their unsold touchpads to hp?

hope you are able to get one for cheap
    Gods I hope there are some left tomorrow morning...
    Quote Originally Posted by premoney View Post
    buy thru hp..i doubt they sell out...they must have a lot in stock plus wasn't best buy trying to return all their unsold touchpads to hp?

hope you are able to get one for cheap
    I thought the same, but the 16GB is listed out of stock now at hp.com
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by observator View Post
    I don't understand some of you people. Why are you paying for this device, even at these "firesale" prices? What sort of life span do you expect to get out of a dead product? Not to mention an OS that I doubt will see much more action past this year. Please don't insult me with more of the uber positive webos ****** claptrap; I don't believe for a second that HP intends to do anything with webos.

It's sad to see what goes on with webos, what it could have been etc, but it's even sadder to rush out and purchase stuff from a company that behaves this way. Your money is equal to your time and purchasing these HP webos devices just because they are dirt cheap is poor form, IMO.

I'm glad they lost so much money on it, serves them right for screwing it up like they did. Geez, I can't even sell this thing on ebay or craigs list to even come close to making up what I paid; even worse for those that pre-ordered with accessories and paid full MSRP.

I guess those that purchased their touchpads from places other than the HP store are screwed and can't get their money back. If I could even return mine, I'd still be willing to hold on to it if they gave me a credit to my HP account to match current market value.

I really doubt it, but I hope HP is willing to do something for those that put some faith in their webos line of product. As far as I'm concerned, I'll not be purchasing any more HP products and certainly no more webos products. I don't care how committed HP says they are to webos nor do I no longer care about the potential of webos.

It's the principle of it now; geez, what an expensive lesson this was.

Because 85 bucks is a hell of a deal for a tablet with enough muscle to surf the web...even if it does nothing else, has no apps, and doesn't ever see an update.

I never thought that I would buy a TP given limited support from third-part DRM providers...and definitely thought that I was done with the platform after yesterday's announcement, but dang...85 bucks? Are you kidding me? This is a no brainer.
    kjb86, bmacfarland and Tikkanen like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post

They should have came to market with these at $299. They would have made more money and sold as many as they could have made...and established a solid footprint in the market for future profit later. Let's hope someone takes notice of this sales volume.

cheers,
    C.
    ^x2
    149.99 for the 32gb. its the only ones left now.
    Shoot, I finally figure out how to get the $99 on HP.com and it's sold out. Crap.
    Guess, I'll try my local Walmart tomorrow.
    im not gonna bite. I already had a touchpad and did not use it at all. I liked it but there was just no use for it for me. I find my laptop and my cell phone is all I need. If the pre3 comes out tomorrow for $50 I will be all over that.
    16gb out of stock on the hp site now.
    I just bought 3 32GB from HP. One for the wife and the others as Christmas presents for the kids.
    Palm M105--->Palm Tungsten T--->Palm Treo 650--->Palm Centro--->Palm Pre--->Palm iPhone4s (damnit)

Touchpad (launch day)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    149.99 for the 32gb. its the only ones left now.
    How is that even possible? Didn't they have like a quarter of a million in stock? How did that many people find out about this secret sale so quickly?
    Got the 32gb for 134.99 shipped. 16gb out of stock.
    If hp sold every single touchpad now wouldnt that give webos a great start!!! lol. This is either the ultimate hp plan or a total f up that may actually work out.
    Tikkanen likes this.