Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I took a long shot and logged into Amazon's customer support chat to request a full refund for my TouchPad, which was purchased on July 1.

I explained that HP was ditching the product and I was worried that some promised features like Document editing, Citrx support, etc would never materialize.

She came back in a few minutes and offered a full refund. Even a pre-paid return shipping label.

I don't know if this is policy or blind luck. But I wanted to share in case some others were in the same boat as me.
    One of the reasons that Amazon rocks! Even if they're a bit more expensive, I'd still choose them.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    yes - I was shocked! I guess it never hurts to ask.
    Ooh...wonder if anyone else had success? I still want to keep mine, but if they are offering a full refund, I am interested.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    That great for you. I really like Amazon. I order tons of stuff from them every year.
    Wow -- even though webOS is dead, apparently customer service isn't!!
    Interesting.
    I like them too.
    But I bought a hand blender from them a year ago which unknown to me was discontinued by the manufacturer several years ago. When I found out 6 months ago that my broken item could no longer be honored under the warranty, I went back to Amazon. They only gave me 75% of the price I paid (which was coincidentally their price at the time although they raised it back up, still selling now an item that I told them was no longer sold by the manufacturer).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Wow -- even though webOS is dead, apparently customer service isn't!!
    this is customer service from Amazon. Goodluck if you want to get a refund from HP if you ordered from them directly. HP sucks.
    Woot, I'm getting a full refund from Amazon too! I really like my Touchpad but there's no way I'm passing up getting what I paid for it back. I bought as soon as it came out too so I'm past the return period.
    someone should post this on main page, so early adoptors who bought it from amazon can get the full refund. Amazon.com is just amazing.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    man, i think u got the luck of the draw today, i contacts them and they would not even guarantee me 30 % -=\
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Well I just realized I cut and mailed the S/N and UPC code off the box for the early adopter rebate. Think Amazon will care? I know their policy says it must be there.
    Expect these returns to be on Woot for $100.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Well I just realized I cut and mailed the S/N and UPC code off the box for the early adopter rebate. Think Amazon will care? I know their policy says it must be there.
    Better ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Send it back with a 50$ bill taped over the cut out of the upc along with a copy of the rebate form in the box.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Amazon is taking mine back along with the case and the touchstone. I bought them on 7/2. I did cut out my UPC code for the early adopter credit, but Amazon said they would take it back anyways. The return reciept reason Amazon chose was "product recall". I have a photocopy of the UPC so I am sending that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Send it back with a 50$ bill taped over the cut out of the upc along with a copy of the rebate form in the box.
    Do not do that.
    Really classy move on Amazon's part. I heard of Harvey Norman doing this in Australia, and didn't think anyone stateside would do it, but Amazon's customer service has always been great for me if I've ever been dissatisfied with a purchase.
    I love Amazon. I was fully expecting them to reject my request since it was outside the window, but they said they made an exception. Purchased July 1st, getting a refund. Thanks mapenn for letting us know!
    I am not surprised to hear Amazon is treating you so well.
    I LOVE Amazon Kindle CS. Best CS I've ever experienced anywhere!
    I LOVE my Kindles (have 3).
    That is why I was waiting for the Amazon Tablet to launch before making a decision about which tablet to buy, but when the TP went on big time sale at Staples I got one to try out.
    I am trying to decide -- Do I return the TP and wait to see what the Amazon product is like, (have one day left to decide), or do I keep the TP since I scored a 32GB model for $349 plus tax?

If only the TP would support gotomeeting I am pretty sure I would keep it. That is all that is missing for me to be happy with what this device will do.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast