Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Didn't work for me, they offered me standard return policy ie 15% restocking fee and shipping paid by me. My touchpad got a reprieve:-)
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    well I got mine through school and I'm stuck with it lets hope somebody see what say picks it up for further development.
    So trash day was the day before the big webOS apocalypse. All the Touchpad boxes and accessory boxes went by accident. Normally I keep that stuff. My stomach turned as soon as I saw it was all gone.

First, Staples gave me a full refund without the box. I got a little lecture about the return policy. Staples moved up a couple notches in my book. I'll overlook the fact that they tried to hard-sell a $169 insurance with a $300 device.

Got Amazon to take my Touchpad case without HP packaging back. Only cost the $5 return shipping. May have helped that I just ordered the Asus Transformer from Amazon and I mentioned that to the CS rep. They will continue to get a large portion of my disposable income.

HP took back the Touchstone with no questions asked. Yay HP...wait...no.

I'm out $5 for the return shipping on the case and about $15 in apps. Not terrible for my 10 day experiment with the Touchpad. I certainly don't begrudge the developers the $10 they will make on my app purchases. HP can use the $5 portion they got from my app purchases to help fund the e-waste recycling program for all those Touchpads.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    As a long time Palm device, Pre+ and webOS user and supporter, I am sorry to report that my TP and case are on a truck headed back to Amazon for a full refund of the purchase price. I contacted Amazon this morning and explained that my TP was out of the 30 day return window, but I still wanted to return it. I was provided a prepaid UPS Ground label and return authorization. I fully expected to be offered a partial refund and was totally surprised.

Kudos to Amazon and their CS. I've bought thousands of dollars of stuff from Amazon and my buying experiences have always been very good. Amazon rocks!

I plan to keep my Pre+ until it no longer serves my needs or slowly dies from lack of HP support.
    returned to Amazon with waiver of 30 day return policy. Great love to Amazon.
    Amazon just let me return mine also. Also when my first generation Kindle broke, I had a new one in my hands the next day. When some batteries were missing from my order they had those to me two days later, they also didn't treat me like a child when I said they where missing, they just apologized and fixed it. This is why I order nearly everything through Amazon.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Only bought mine 3 days ago and right when it came in the mail and I installed preware they announced that bs. I was gonna keep it because I mailed in a $100 dollar rebate and cut the UPC off but today I saw that they dropped to $99 in Canada and that ****ed me off. Chatted with Amazon and he said it was fine (attached the screen of chat) I've mainly been a Android user but recently got a Veer for free from training at work (Best Buy) and loved it. Bought this tablet for webOS but I guess I'll return it and wait to see how much my job sells it for. One question. What do I do if I get the rebate check?????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Amazon has also agreed to a full refund for me. Very nice of them. Had this for so little a time, I still have my Amazon box they shipped it to me in just a few weeks ago. Thank you Amazon!!!
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I'm thinking I may call Amazon after the price drop and see if they'll give me a partial refund as store credit. I don't want to return my TP- I *like* it; it does what I need (thanks to webosinternals and the rest of the homebrew crew).
    Amazon gave me a full refund and shipping after 31 days. Man I love them. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum in how they treat their customers.
    well I got approval to return mine. Now I'm hoping amazon drops the price. If so I'll see if I can keep my tp and see if they'll refund the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    well I got approval to return mine. Now I'm hoping amazon drops the price. If so I'll see if I can keep my tp and see if they'll refund the difference.
    I'm waiting for the same thing.... I really like mine, I just don't want to feel as burned for keeping it.
    peterlemonjello likes this.
    I called on Thursday and they gave me an $80 credit to ease the pain of the restock fee. After hearing this though I am going to wait til their price drops to see if they'll just refund the difference. $135 is stupid cheap for a tablet.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I'm waiting for the same thing.... I really like mine, I just don't want to feel as burned for keeping it.
    When I tried to get them to do a minor price match (to the $499 price on the 32gb IIRC) I had a long back and forth with a rep over the chat...no dice. The nice email follow-up I got after my chat session was:

Hello,

With the exception of TVs, Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee. We do consistently work toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry. Because the marketplace is constantly changing and we strive to offer the lowest price, you'll see some fluctuations in our prices over time.

However, you can let us know about a lower price by clicking the "tell us about a lower price" link in the Product Details section of any product page.

We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry; however, the prices on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate pricing information, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. You can visit our pricing policies in our Help pages to read more:

Amazon.com Help: Pricing

We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com.

Perhaps things are different this time. The thing is I don't want to return it (I truly do like it), however paying $599 for something people are paying $150ish for plus the liklihood of little app development is tough to stomach. I'll wait for them to reduce the price and give it one more try I guess..
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Change of plans...I re-contacted Amazon. In stead of shipping back my TouchPad, they agreed to just issue me a $400 refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Change of plans...I re-contacted Amazon. In stead of shipping back my TouchPad, they agreed to just issue me a $400 refund.
    Can I ask when you purchased this? I tried and Amazon is not budging. I'm waiting to hear back from a supervisor. I was a launch day owner.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I too called them again today to see if they would give me a refund for the difference instead of ship it back to them. They said they couldn't but would give a full refund. I was kind of bummed. I also got same email posted above. Too bad, would have liked to save them the shipping and also give them the sale.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    I too called them again today to see if they would give me a refund for the difference instead of ship it back to them. They said they couldn't but would give a full refund. I was kind of bummed. I also got same email posted above. Too bad, would have liked to save them the shipping and also give them the sale.
    I would wait a bit. I have a supervisor at Amazon who said that he is going to go to work for me and see what he can find out, since it was HP's official stance to refund every Touchpad owner. I'll post my results here.
    I wish Walmart would do the same as I too purchased July 2. Tried the store and they would not budge. I intend to contact walmart corporate and hp corporate. ugh.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    Can I ask when you purchased this? I tried and Amazon is not budging. I'm waiting to hear back from a supervisor. I was a launch day owner.

Thanks.
    I purchased on July 1 also. I think I must have just been very lucky.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast