Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    That was fast.
    Especially since my region has zero TouchPad listings on it...
    Are all the listings created by HP?
    Mine is on there. Many of the offers are 100$ or below.
    Maybe I should see about picking a few up......
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    i have seen 2 listings for 32gb but they are asking 450 and 550 for them, i guess they did not get the news
    Quote Originally Posted by waiting4_OTA View Post
    i have seen 2 listings for 32gb but they are asking 450 and 550 for them, i guess they did not get the news
    They got the news just fine... they're just hoping that potential buyers on CL "did not get the news".
    You know what's strange... I actually found more "Wanted" posts on Kijiji Toronto rather than "For Sale" posts...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Vij likes this.
    In the NJ area there are a ton of listings for Touchpad and HP slates that have popped up in the past few weeks. Not quite sure whets going on but they definitely all seem fake. Beware.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    There is a lot of wanted posts also. But there is an abundance of people unloading their touchpad's here in the bay area. So sad, the product is wanted, but even consumers don't wanna take a risk on it at that price.
    If I see the TouchPad at or below €100, and if I see that HP honors existing users with updates (i.e. if I see that the Veer gets touch-to-share and Skype) I might pick up a handful.

I have very quickly developed a profound dislike for HP, but buying them at that price is still going to lose them money , and I still believe the TouchPad is a pretty good device.

I think the saddest thing is that HP didn't outright fail as many were saying - they could've built on this TouchPad and made it a loss leader for marketshare and mindshare.
    But they reckoned that having to deal with consumers is too much for them and that they only want to compete with SAP and Oracle and IBM.
    looks like if you are trying to sell your TP Ebay is your best bet. Right now I see most 16gig and 32 gig are still going for around 300 to 400.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    But they reckoned that having to deal with consumers is too much for them and that they only want to compete with SAP and Oracle and IBM.
    Consumers are a fickle bunch.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Starting to look like those are older auctions. Right now I see 32gb going for 300 and 16gb for about 270-280. We'll see where they end up, but I kind of doubt this bodes well. If they drop below 200 I'd pick one up again gladly - especially if it is the 1.5GHZ with 3G!
  15. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Yeah I see people selling for ~$300 and buying for $200. This is my favorite so far:

---
    This thing is dead.

HP has pulled the plug on it. If you are looking to recover any of your initial investment, I am offering $125 cash.

Take it, or leave it.

Have a nice day.
    ---
    Hey... if people start freaking out and dumping the devices for a hundred bucks, I'll definitely grab a couple for my family. My dad would love one just to play around.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Wow. I'd be hot if I had bid on one on eBay---

Craigslist in my area of Texas has a 16 GB one for $350--- but it includes $50 in apps!

others are listed much higher... I'm sure that will change! If I see one for $100 or less, I wll buy it.
    No TouchPads at all on Craigslist in my area.
    people are asking to much on Craigslist, people want 325 and higher for 16GB and at that price no one should get it... no with EOL of the hardware. either return it for full price or sell for a loss and get what you can before its worthless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    Yeah I see people selling for ~$300 and buying for $200. This is my favorite so far:

---
    This thing is dead.

HP has pulled the plug on it. If you are looking to recover any of your initial investment, I am offering $125 cash.

Take it, or leave it.

Have a nice day.
    ---
    Send a reply asking if it's ok if it's been slightly shotgunned?
    yukonhijack likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast