Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 65fastback
  • 1 Post By sinime
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Anyone know if the TP can be made to run straight-up Ubuntu rather than chrooted in a card?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I'd like to know this. Or anything else, be it Linux derivative, or something like EC7 (highly unlikely, but if you don't ask...you don't get).
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Heck , i would like to know if ANY of the other mobile OS's will work on the Touchpad. and if it is easy enough to install. Be it , Android, Linux , Windows , whatever.

To say the least i am a little ****ed off at the Axing of WebOs devices , this is my second device i have owned in a row that has pretty much gone dead in the water , first being the playbook
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh0mpu5 View Post
    this is my second device i have owned in a row that has pretty much gone dead in the water , first being the playbook
    are you going android, ios or wp? because whatever you are going to pick up, i will avoid
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    toy4x4 likes this.
    I'd think android would run better as it's desined for touchscreen only with no keyboard/mouse.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    lol gee thanks for the vote of confidence :P , i had Ipad 1 and Ipad 2 for a while too , but they were fine , just not what i really wanted out of a tablet :P
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I'd think android would run better as it's desined for touchscreen only with no keyboard/mouse.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

I agree , wonder if someone has a project already to try it
    wasnt there an old post stating the touchpad was delayed further due to it being originally designed as/for android before webOS arrived on it?