Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    I had my TP on me and few people at work asked about it, and then there was crowd as I showed it to them. They loved it, and kept on asking how to get one. But I had to tell them, the company may be shutting down .

    <<mod delete>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/19/2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: language
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I had my TP on me and few people at work asked about it, and then there was crowd as I showed it to them. They loved it, and kept on asking how to get one. But I had to tell them, the company may be shutting down .

    <<mod delete>>
    Yep, a great product assasinated before its time.

    Looks like the market agrees too, HP down 8.5% after a brief spike.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/19/2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: language in quoted text
  3. #3  
    Shame...I'll be doing the same...watching movies online, updating Facebook, check email, and web browsing all at the same time and they'll ask "wow, wish I could do that on my tablet!"

    Sorry, maybe you can pickup a unit on craigslist cheap when HP TouchPads finally wither away. So Sad, but I got mine and it ain't going anywhere! Sorli...
  4. #4  
    At my work we were about to purchase a lot of 20 after seeing mine (personal one) in action. I know 20 is a small lot to purchase, but hey, they were interested.
  5. #5  
    The supervisor of my division was going to purchase one instead of the ipad2 because of my promoting the device. I haven't seen him to see if he ever made the purchase. We had discussed his seeing if he could get it sold to the company as a productivity device to get our company to foot the bill for other employees once the document editing was available. It will never happen now.
  6. #6  
    well, at least they found out about the tp being discontinued before they spent money on it... an IT person would probably look like a fool at this point for pushing the TP... especially before the first OTA with so many bugs.

    no further support or updates and no one willing to develop for it in a business environment? it's still got bugs like loosing sound and needing a reboot. you wanna tell a user or exec to live with it? at least they got one OTA out and patched the random rebooting issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by IICODECll View Post
    At my work we were about to purchase a lot of 20 after seeing mine (personal one) in action. I know 20 is a small lot to purchase, but hey, they were interested.
  7. #7  
    CEO and CMO wanted a tablet for light carrying and email and just gave them their ipad2s this week with verizon mifi's. they already have iphone4s for over a year and not a glitch.

    I like the tp for possible personal use... but the thing is too glitchy to put my job on the line. needed at least a couple of more updates and for gods sake doc editing and to be able to citrix in to our xenapps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    The supervisor of my division was going to purchase one instead of the ipad2 because of my promoting the device. I haven't seen him to see if he ever made the purchase. We had discussed his seeing if he could get it sold to the company as a productivity device to get our company to foot the bill for other employees once the document editing was available. It will never happen now.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    well, at least they found out about the tp being discontinued before they spent money on it... an IT person would probably look like a fool at this point for pushing the TP... especially before the first OTA with so many bugs.

    no further support or updates and no one willing to develop for it in a business environment? it's still got bugs like loosing sound and needing a reboot. you wanna tell a user or exec to live with it? at least they got one OTA out and patched the random rebooting issue.
    Exactly! I told them to wait until after the first update or two as 3.0.0 had bugs with some of our internal services. Most of which was resolved with 3.0.2, but I still wasn't pushing it as hard because I was waiting for another update.

    Now I'm glad they decided to buy a big lot of 64GB iPad2's (which are all sitting in my office waiting to have CompuTrace installed on them).
  9. #9  
    i had a few friends that were going to purchase some. they were just tryin to save up the funds to do so.
  10.    #10  
    FInally a product, even with its fault, I could recommend, and its no longer there
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  11. #11  
    Agree with almost everyone on this thread. I was a huge evangalist for the TP and WebOS and had many people on the brink of choosing it ahead of the iPad. The good news is anyone who was holding off due to the price can probably afford one now!

    I have to laugh, otherwise the anger starts to return!!!
  12. #12  
    the tp would have been a success if leo didn't change the philosophy of hp
  13.    #13  
    and I loved slinging those card off the screen with angry bird sound
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Shame...I'll be doing the same...watching movies online, updating Facebook, check email, and web browsing all at the same time and they'll ask "wow, wish I could do that on my tablet!"
    Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but I think I could do all of those things on my iPad 2. Even as an ardent webOS fan as I am, the whole multi-tasking benefit of webOS was totally overblown. Indeed, its implementation was simply amazing, but the higher end tablets (ie: iPad 2) can cope just fine.

    Unless you have multiple hands and is able to simultaneously do all those things at once...

Posting Permissions