Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    We NEED to start calling, emailing HP COMPLAINING! WE ARE CONSUMERS AND WE WANT webOS and the TOUCHPAD!
    Last edited by kyleoXD; 01/01/2015 at 04:24 PM.
    whats Leo's email ?
    With HP's stock tanking, it won't matter in a few days.....
    Leo is trying to turn HP into his former employer, SAP.

I may need to mention that he was fired shortly after getting the CEO gig due to similar idiocy that is currently happening.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Aerone likes this.
    If HP's stock keeps doing what it did after the announcement yesterday, maybe Apple will buy HP for $5bn next year.

So the biggest PC manufacturer in the world stops selling PCs and becomes SAP because their new CEO came from a software company and is restructuring the company to better fit his talents. Insane.
    And to top it off, they're axing a major investment they made last year with a note that they don't want to make a prologued effort to make it profitable - in almost the same breath as announcing a ten times larger investment that they expect they will need prolongued effort to make profitable...
    Investors must ask themselves whether the higher-ups at HP even know what 'strategy' means if the company makes decisions so spontaneously they couldn't even inform the VP in charge of the stuff they're axing.
    DD007, Aerone, gbp and 1 others like this.
    So... who wishes Hurd were back in charge?
    Rnp, d-larsen and Soorma like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    With HP's stock tanking, it won't matter in a few days.....
    Wow. Down 21% right now.

Posted with my HP DoorStop
    C_McGuire likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    So... who wishes Hurd were back in charge?
    Hurd would have done the same thing
    HP wanna spin off PSG, WebOS GBU just a part of PSG... It might be someone whoes level higher(board) than Leo the CEO made such decision.
    This is exactly why Leo was brought in. He did not mess anything up for HP's share holders, this is what his direction has been all along. Get out of the finicky retail business and make billions off of corporations. HP's stock is tanking now but that is out of short term fears and reflective of the long term plans of the company.
    HP never had a clear vision with webOS. I do believe whatever HP spend on webOS, they can get it back with current patent situation. I am sure they realized palm has more value than making crappy hardware and trying to selling it to the public. I am pretty sure HP will sell it with much higher price than what they have paid for. Unfortunately, if HP doesn't sell it to Samsung or HTC, it will be google or apple or microsoft for Palm patents. they will never make another webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    What? Gut the entire company and cutoff the consumer devices divisions?

Somehow I'm thinking, no.
    I saw Hurd stopped by our office in NYC few days ago. He looked very happy, hehe. I work for Oracle btw.
    ebender1965 likes this.
    it is sad there leo, instant gratification to the shareholders,,,ohhh wait,,, shareholders are now down what 21 percent.. lol.. invest 1 million, and in one short day it is only worth about 800 K,, makes a lot of sense.. as to the rebound, sure it will happen,, but not any time soon.. hey Leo.. looking for other work i bet... aint ya..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    If HP's stock keeps doing what it did after the announcement yesterday, maybe Apple will buy HP for $5bn next year.

So the biggest PC manufacturer in the world stops selling PCs and becomes SAP because their new CEO came from a software company and is restructuring the company to better fit his talents. Insane.
    And to top it off, they're axing a major investment they made last year with a note that they don't want to make a prologued effort to make it profitable - in almost the same breath as announcing a ten times larger investment that they expect they will need prolongued effort to make profitable...
    Investors must ask themselves whether the higher-ups at HP even know what 'strategy' means if the company makes decisions so spontaneously they couldn't even inform the VP in charge of the stuff they're axing.
    Man,
    You read my mind. I doubt they will ever become IBM. Somewhere Larry Ellison ,Mark Hurd and Steve Jobs are having a non stop party while Google duo go skiing in August.

A failed clown from SAP which is clueless of its own destiny is now leading HP. Wow.

A day after, the whole thing feels like bad dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Wow. Down 21% right now.

Posted with my HP DoorStop
    Hahaha...totally awesome...

+1 Anyone who thinks HP's "Vision" included a 20+% temporary or not drop in their stock price is delusional.. Leo is definitely taking that train off the tracks...
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Why are all of you acting surprised. I told you leo would bring the demise of webos, as he was never a consumers based guy(hurd was). Not to mention he lied multiple times to webos fans yet ppl still drunk the kool aid. I don't care what device it is but annoucing a product and waiting 5 plus months: it will be DOA. Apple gets it. Hp has no idea how to communicate with its consumers. You think this is hp's worst? You should have seen the 1st gen envy laptops. Even the current radiance screen fiasco on the envy line.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by threed61 View Post
    Nope,
    Hurd might have given some more time. However he would have cut the employees into half.
  19. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    Hahaha...totally awesome...

+1 Anyone who thinks HP's "Vision" included a 20+% temporary or not drop in their stock price is delusional.. Leo is definitely taking that train off the tracks...
    I am a share holder with significant loss (enough to buy more than 30 TPS). I was hoping the decision will help the stock price. Nope.
    If the stock continues to slide seriously, LA wont be around much longer, and HP may have to rethink what they just did, yesterday.

I said it before, and I will say it again: this was absolutely stupid, no matter how you look at it, even if WebOS was a really bad OS, still, this was incredibly inept execution at almost every level.

The BOD at HP should be seriously reconsidering yesterday's actions and their CEO's intentions.

Tom Bradley for CEO!!!!

Seriously.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Messerschmitts and Soorma like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast