Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post

A day after, the whole thing feels like bad dream.
    Hey, there's still hope it could end up being a bad dream if Leo gets the ax for this move (I don't just mean killing the mobile division but trying to cut off all consumer divisions as well).
    Isn't it ironic how HP believes to be a software company now?

- Weren't they the ones to put crappy and slow bloatware on their TM2 Laptops and touchsmart PC's? WebOS could have saved their messy attempts to write their own software...

-Isn't WebOS software? Why abandon it?

- I wonder what enterprise customers think about a software company promising them the world (number 1+) and new products (64gb touchpad 3g, Pre3) on one day and stabs their customers in the back the very next day?

This is "bazaar mentality", where they praise their products passionately on one day and when you return the next day the vendor is gone without a trace...

Please, HP, make WebOS open source and give it back to those who see a value and a vision in it! Keep the patents, you payed for them but leave WebOS developers alone. Maybe the OS has a chance just like Firefox was able to stir up the browser market. Good luck in the software game, you just might find that even there only professional players win...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerone View Post
    Isn't it ironic how HP believes to be a software company now?

-Isn't WebOS software? Why abandon it?

Once again, they aren't abandoning WebOS. They just aren't making the hardware it goes on. lol

ET
    kjb86 and GodShapedHole like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Once again, they aren't abandoning WebOS. They just aren't making the hardware it goes on. lol

ET
    That has yet to be determined. He said they're looking into licensing which means they don't have any deals yet even though they announced that they are are shutting down their mobile hardware division.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This is exactly why Leo was brought in. He did not mess anything up for HP's share holders, this is what his direction has been all along. Get out of the finicky retail business and make billions off of corporations. HP's stock is tanking now but that is out of short term fears and reflective of the long term plans of the company.

He did not mess anything up for share holder's? Really?

Nov. 1, 2010 - Leo takes over as CEO - Stock "HPQ" trading for $42.49

As of 9:32 CST on 8/19/2011 - "HPQ" trading for $23.50

Tanking now? It has been 'tankning' since Feb, where it hit a high of $48.67; since then all down.

hmmm... seems like he did mess things up for share holders...

You can argue about how effective Hurd was as well, the stock was up and down during his tenure, but overall it was up, with one big dip around March of 2009. But during his tenure HP became number one in PC's and made huge leaps profit and revenue wise...
    Hurd brought HP back from the mess that Fiorina left it in, now they've brought in a new Fiorina only this time focused on shrinking the company instead of growing it at whatever cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    If the stock continues to slide seriously, LA wont be around much longer, and HP may have to rethink what they just did, yesterday.

I said it before, and I will say it again: this was absolutely stupid, no matter how you look at it, even if WebOS was a really bad OS, still, this was incredibly inept execution at almost every level.

The BOD at HP should be seriously reconsidering yesterday's actions and their CEO's intentions.

Tom Bradley for CEO!!!!

Seriously.
    I'm presuming you meant Todd Bradley. Sadly I don't think there's any way back for WebOS within HP. A license deal with someone who can do something with it is our best hope.

As for those who are looking to port android onto the TP, my question is why? Android tablets are **** for a reason - the OS isn't anywhere near good enough. I'd rather keep my Touchpad as it is, add Chroot Ubuntu and hold it next to my heart until it dies completely than stick Honeycomb on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    This is exactly why Leo was brought in. He did not mess anything up for HP's share holders
    HPQ traded at ~31 the day before yesterday. It now trades at ~23.

HP stock has lost nearly a third of its value in one day. (18 Aug 2011 never forget)

You were saying about messing things up for shareholders?

A lot of shareholders probably called their brokers in order to get the F out of dodge when they learned that the PC company they invested in isn't going to make PCs anymore. Had they wanted to invest in SAP, they would probably have done that. They didn't need Leo Apotheker to turn HP into his old employer because he's not flexible enough to adapt to an environment and therefore needs to adapt his environment to him.

He'd probably even try to reposition McDonalds to sell enterprise services if he was given the chance.
    I can save the HP & webOS! It's simple:

=> Spin off the webOS hardware departament;

=> Rename as "Palm";

=> Leave her licence the webOS;

=> Leave her use the HP structure to sell the devices in all world;

=> Give me the control.

Putz!! IT'S SIMPLE!!

If do you have a good product, if do you have how to sell to your customers, man... just do it! If we have a world financial crisis, sell cheap! Make packages (buy a tablet and smartphone with discount) to spread the product. If everybody know, everybody wanna to buy!

To corporate market? Too, offer the Preł to boss and PrPrPré$2$ $to$ $employees$. $We$ $have$ $this$ $today$ - $many$ $places$ $give$ $Blackberries$ $only$ $to$ $board$. $Yes$, $just$ $for$ $vanity$ - &$quot$;$the$ $employees$ $cannot$ $have$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $directors$&$quot$;.

It's so simple that until ME can make this work! Serious!

Give this, and I can guarantee that I gonna be the bigger in market share in two or three years - REALLY low profit now, big profit and control in few years...

Leo in HP is the as Elop in Nokia...

Believe me: it's simple...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I saw Hurd stopped by our office in NYC few days ago. He looked very happy, hehe. I work for Oracle btw.
    And Oracle bought Sun, an hardware company making servers.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    Bombshell: Oracle to buy HP's webOS GBU and rename it to Palm with a statement about "doubling down" and something about sprints and marathons
    they cut their ties to us "consumers" so best guess is they dont care, we arent the new focus or customer base so what we say is going to just fall of deaf ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by ksom View Post
    and hp won't be able to make a dent in oracles market share
    webOS is merely a fallguy in this game. it is not the main cash cow. it may have been overglossed expectation by Rubenstein but certainly for a corp, the initial poor sales was not a death knell.

for all HP wanna do now, I certainly won't touch their products with a 10 foot pole.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Bombshell: Oracle to buy HP's webOS GBU and rename it to Palm with a statement about "doubling down" and something about sprints and marathons
    the best purchase would be Steve Job. the reason is that it will give them the multi tasking capabilities, kill webOS and severe any hopes for serious competitors like HTC and samsung. now wondering if there is a conspiracy theory behind this move.....
    bod@hp.com

Board of Directors
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I am a share holder with significant loss (enough to buy more than 30 TPS). I was hoping the decision will help the stock price. Nope.
    There will eventually be profits again... in the coming months.
    lol
    There will eventually be profits again... in the coming months.
    That just made my night...
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    HP doesnt care about tech....they only care about the $$$...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast