Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By neville1355
  • 1 Post By lovepre100
  1.    #1  
    You name it, it's not working. First day with this device. I want to throw it out the window.

1. I've tried to download numerous Apps (free) and they just say "downloading". Stuck on that. I know they are not big Apps. Not 1 single App, aside from the FaceBook App, has downloaded and installed on my TP.

2. Music. I've tried using HP Play to sync over music. No go. Restarts, etc. No music shows up. Zero.

3. PDFs. I can't open and read ANY PDFs I've put on this thing. None. I've tried to drag and drop numerous PDFs of all sizes and shapes. I've put them in the root directory, the Palm 100 directory, etc. Nothing. I downloaded some from the Web as well. While at least those SHOW UP in Adobe, unlike the ones I drag and drop from my computer, they don't open.

4. I can't get Songbird to show my device. Therefore, I can't use it to sync.

5. Email. I set up my Gmail account in Accounts, and Email is just blank. Nothing. It doesn't work. Zero. Google is showing on the left in blue, with the arrow pointing down, but nothing is there. I get this login failure message in Adobe PDF Reader under the Gmail account: "Login Failure. Your account credentials may be incorrect." I have verified my user/pass and know I'm entering it in correctly in Accounts. And no error messages pop up in Accounts, either.

6. Skype doesn't really work? I successfully called someone Skype-to-Skype, kinda, setting up my Skype account on the TP... got their voicemail. But several contacts don't even show up in the contact list. And some who are online don't show at all, or don't show online. Confusing, perplexing...

Hmmm, what else? This thing is either a piece of ****, or I'm doing it wrong. Please help.

Thank you.
    Wow. Just wow. I can't believe you're having such bad luck. Everything you mentioned above worked for me, except the Songbird thing - never tried it as HP Play worked for me.

The only thing I can suggest is to either Doctor your tablet or call HP support.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Wow...everything that you did...works perfect for me- sans songbird as I never used it. I love my TouchPad, I just now seeing the "announcement" I know that the touchpads are going to be discounted even more than the 200$ that I got off of mine.

I will gladly buy another once they settle on their price- 200 or less and I am rebuying- knowing its a EOL product.

The touchpad is a good product- HP honestly has let me down- I do wonder what their widespread repurcussions of all of this will be.
    I got all of that to work, except SongBird, but that's 'cause I didn't even try that.
    have you updated to 3.0.2 yet?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    bevcraw likes this.
    lovepre--

First, what version of webOS are you running? You can check by going to settings > device info and look in the 3rd box. If you are running 3.0.0, you will probably want to update to 3.0.2. You can update by going to settings > system updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    lovepre--

First, what version of webOS are you running? You can check by going to settings > device info and look in the 3rd box. If you are running 3.0.0, you will probably want to update to 3.0.2. You can update by going to settings > system updates.
    I'm thinking that if his 'Pad is really that borked, updating to 3.0.2 either won't work or won't help. I think he needs the doctor or a new device.
    It is best to follow a sequence of actions from least radical (e.g. restart) to most radical (e.g. webOS doctor). If lesser methods do not fix the problem, then the doctor is always there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileBill23 View Post
    I'm thinking that if his 'Pad is really that borked, updating to 3.0.2 either won't work or won't help. I think he needs the doctor or a new device.
    To often the doctor is jumped to as the solution, when there are many other things in between that could solve the issue.

First thing is first and that is to ensure the device is updated, next thing to do is to tackle each issue one at a time.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  10.    #10  
    I did a hard reset... Erased everything. Now things are working. I'm going go try the sync.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    To often the doctor is jumped to as the solution, when there are many other things in between that could solve the issue.

First thing is first and that is to ensure the device is updated, next thing to do is to tackle each issue one at a time.
    That's why you're a support guy. I guess I kinda jumped to conclusions and assumed he did the easy things already. To be fair, I did suggest a call to proper support channels.

I see he got it fixed, so it's a win.