View Poll Results: What are going to do with your touchpad

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm gonna keep the touchpad for the long run.

80 55.94%
  • switch to Ios

21 14.69%
  • switch to Android

13 9.09%
  • switch to QNX

2 1.40%
  • Taking the touchpad back and not getting another tab

27 18.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    I wish I can return mine. I'll have check with QVC. I'm not going to another tablet and will wait it out. I love Apple computers, but not a fan of ianything.
    My advice: Everybody should return their Touchpad, regardless of whether you want to or not.

By returning your units, you are increasing the burden on HP in two ways. Leaving HP with loads of excess inventory and (2) heavily straining the relationship between HP and its distributors and retailers.

We already know how unhappy Best Buy is with the Touchpad. They will be even more angered after processing countless returns. Remember the Pre launch? This is why Sprint doesnt want anything to do with WebOS.

The point of all this is not to just 'get back' at HP, but make HP prefer to sell WebOS all together. Sell it to a company that knows what to do with it (Samsung, HTC, Amazon). HP clearly does not know what to do with WebOS and have further damaged the WebOS name. It is now a two time loser. Mobile carriers and retailers are not going to want to invest in WebOS by HP.

WebOS needs a fresh start with a company who already has a foothold in the market. People are much more likely to try a Samsung or HTC phone running their own WebOS than a licensed phone running HP WebOS.

So if you got one, take it back while you still can. If you still want one after that- buy one from somebody that CANNOT take theirs back (Ebay, Craigslist).
    observator likes this.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    unfortunately, I was a day 1 purchaser...so, not only did I lose out on the $100+ price drop after 2 weeks, I am now past my 30day return period. I wasn't upset about the price drop because that was my decision to purchase early.

But announcing a termination of the product line 45 days after releasing it is inexcusable. I wasn't just buying a tablet - I was purchasing the promise of a eco-system of apps, functions and future connectivity with the Pre3. None of which will come to fruition now.
    sherwin892 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    But announcing a termination of the product line 45 days after releasing it is inexcusable. I wasn't just buying a tablet - I was purchasing the promise of a eco-system of apps, functions and future connectivity with the Pre3. None of which will come to fruition now.
    I don't know about inexcusable. Definately not a good PRPRPR $move$, $but$ $a$ $business$ $decision$ $that$ $HP$ $had$ $every$ $right$ $and$ $reason$ $to$ $pursue$. $You$ $did$ $just$ $buy$ $a$ $tablet$. $Nothing$ $promised$ $has$ $a$ $gurantee$ $of$ $happening$, $especially$ $in$ $the$ $tech$ $sector$.

The Pre- taught me not to buy a product based on what it could be, but to buy it for what it is. The TP is still an excellent device for a multitude of uses.
    if i got it for 500 i would return it, but i got the tablet for 300 and even with all the craziness that's going on i am still going to keep it. it does what i want it has flash, i have a awesome news reader (tea reader), and it has decent battery life. That's all i was really looking for i'm not going to watch netflix on it i have my samsung led tv to do that. Apps aren't really that big of a deal i have an android phone and the only ones i really use are greader and tapatalk.
    Ubuntu it!
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I am keeping mine...for now. If others have success with returning a launch-day TP to Amazon like one person did, I will consider getting my full refund to shop around an Android device.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I took mine back yesterday because I had only had it a week or so and was worried that something would happen to it (screen break if dropped) before I could get it back. If I see one for $100 I will buy it in the future (I had 32GB for $499).

Without word processing, it would only be a toy for me. Right now I can buy an Acer Iconia for $299 at Best Buy....that's a much cheaper toy that already does word processing. Hopefully, someone worthy and sensible with pick up WebOS and run with it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I returned mine today.

I see a lot of people asking why, as they like it as is. I did not like it as is, as I found it strange watching videos in the photo app, the browser performance was not that great and even crashed the whole OS at times. Thus, it went back.

I would have kept it with the hope that there would be forthcoming patches and improvements. I wanted a Netflix app. I wanted a file manager that recognized downloads and opened the correct app. I wanted document editing. I wanted more.

I'll play with a Xoom, see what that's like. But I probably won't get another product until Black Friday. Sad, sad day.

- X
    I got an RMA # today, HP still let me even though I was a week outside the 21 day return window. The only thing I am worried about is the UPC symbol - I told both customer service reps who helped me that I had removed the UPC for the rebate and they went ahead and enabled the RMA anyway. I did take a photo of the UPC symbol for my records for the rebate submission.

As for a new tablet, I will wait for the Ipad 3 with retina display. I am not impressed with Honeycomb UI for Android tablets so Android is out unless Ice Cream sandwich is a complete re-work of the UI.
    I don't trust Hp to do anything right anymore. I just got home from returning mine. I do miss it already. If the price comes down considerably (OR) if the outllok PROVES to be brighter for the future somehow. I will most certainly purchase another. I see I can already get one for $30 less then my total purchase price on ebay. I seriously have never been so ****ed off at a company before! What a bunch of morons?!?! I feel like I should say it again... I don't trust Hp.
    F' Hp
    I moved to the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I am shocked HP would really bail on a product after 6 weeks. What's worse is they put the product into the consumers hands before it was even done. Like serving an uncooked steak.

I might understand this better if it was 2 years later but not after 6 weeks. Clearly HP has some poorly educated people working for them.

I have to say that this forum is ran with nothing but professionalism. And the members are first class. I enjoyed my time here and will miss it.

John
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hstechfl View Post
    My advice: Everybody should return their Touchpad, regardless of whether you want to or not.

By returning your units, you are increasing the burden on HP in two ways. Leaving HP with loads of excess inventory and (2) heavily straining the relationship between HP and its distributors and retailers.

We already know how unhappy Best Buy is with the Touchpad. They will be even more angered after processing countless returns. Remember the Pre launch? This is why Sprint doesnt want anything to do with WebOS.

The point of all this is not to just 'get back' at HP, but make HP prefer to sell WebOS all together. Sell it to a company that knows what to do with it (Samsung, HTC, Amazon). HP clearly does not know what to do with WebOS and have further damaged the WebOS name. It is now a two time loser. Mobile carriers and retailers are not going to want to invest in WebOS by HP.

WebOS needs a fresh start with a company who already has a foothold in the market. People are much more likely to try a Samsung or HTC phone running their own WebOS than a licensed phone running HP WebOS.

So if you got one, take it back while you still can. If you still want one after that- buy one from somebody that CANNOT take theirs back (Ebay, Craigslist).
    What he said.

I really doubt I'll be able to return mine but if anyone really wants it, let me know. I'm very disappointed with my whole webos experience and with HP for how they've decided to handle it. I just want the damn thing out of my house and want to at least make back some of the money I wasted on it.

To those that want to stick it out, good for you, have fun but try not to delude others into thinking webos is going to go any where at this point. I have no reason to believe HP intends to do much of anything useful or progressive with webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    Can't justify keeping it, even at $368 incl tax+shipping. Got an RMA from HP already.

Currently also have an Asus Transformer - will apply that $368 towards the Asus Kal-El quad-core tablet when it comes in Q3/Q4.
    Same here.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    where's the option to keep and get a different tablet?

sending back a tablet I enjoyed out of spite when I can get a price match to $150 seems rather foolish...shoot, a WiFi kindle is $140.

but I am now still faced with the need for an ultra portable form factor with doc editing and presentation sharing...so I'll likely end up with a second tab
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12