Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
  1.    #1  
    I am not one to panic, but what are all you going to do? I am not jumping ship. Hell no. I have spent too much time with this (and so has HP) and am not giving up now. Anyway....

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    People will always react and panic at stuff like this. I've said it before in here and will stick to it until HP says differently - but they only said they were getting out of the hardware. They still have the software and it will move forward either internally, or by licensing it out. The sky isnt falling yet. This site isn't going anywhere and I'm definitely hanging on to my hardware.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you. I will start breathing now

Look at it this way - it can't get any worse, right?
  5.    #5  
    Ha! Seriously. I am just amazed that this OS hasn't caught on. It is so damn cool (but I don't have to tell you). C'mon people! Start putting some faith in an (open-source) underdog!!

HP failed webOS; what’s next for the platform? | This is my next...

According to this article, things should be more clear in the next two weeks.

webOS’ future is completely up in the air. Internally, we heard that HP hopes to know what the plan is within two weeks. That’s an aggressive timeline, but it’s about time HP got aggressive with webOS. As always, stay tuned.
    I feel like this place is suddenly a wall street day trading site instead of a tech enthusiast community.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

Pretty much exactly what Leo said too.

Asked about whether HP was still investigating the concept of putting webOS on its PCs as an alternative to Windows, Apotheker similarly described various options of using of webOS internally or licensing it to third parties as all being options on the table, but had no specific decisions to announce.
    Okay, so maybe it can get worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    Ha! Seriously. I am just amazed that this OS hasn't caught on. It is so damn cool (but I don't have to tell you). C'mon people! Start putting some faith in an (open-source) underdog!!

lolwut?
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I feel like this place is suddenly a wall street day trading site instead of a tech enthusiast community.
    In fairness it has been that way for many months. Even before HP bought webos, to a certain extent.

Anyway, and I say this without malice, that I'd really encourage a person to at least start looking at the other options available (perhaps with an open mind this time for some.)

Looking at webos from the outside (switched to android a few months back) it really has withered on the stock. How many more months are you willing to wait? Best case scenario (Samsung says they'll take it and start working on handsets tomorrow) would still put you at least 6 months out for new hardware. At least.

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Okay, so maybe it can get worse.
    Meh. If they find a partner to license the software... sweet. Part of being a Palm fan for so long... you've had your back up against a wall so many times you just lean against it and relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I know that not everyone is fluent in corporate speak. It's as good as dead. Nobody is going to invest in hardware for the platform. Where do you think that leaves it? The idea that Sammy, LG, or anyone else would add another smartphone OS, or drop either WP7 (not likely) or Android (never happening), is just silly.

The BEST hope is RIM, who has been grasping in the dark to try to create a modern smartphone OS. But I just don't see that happening.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    yeah... in a couple of weeks leo will have an idea how much palms patents are worth. following in the footsteps of companies like kodak to help pay his $10 billion dollar bid for that software company he wants.

Kodak nearing sale of patents? | The Digital Home - CNET News

@suntan... why push people to start running out and looking for alternatives?? It's not like its going to stop working in a few weeks. Jeez... use your devices and enjoy. I remind people.. they are JUST phones and tablets. Not life choices. You have a piece of electronics in your hand. If your contract is coming up, move to another device if you wish. If your device is working great and you like it... use it until you want something else. Boy.. it's amazing how people are freaking like they have to make some life choice in a matter of days.

Good Lord people.. take a breath and relax.
    bevcraw, intron, rstark and 5 others like this.
    Meh. If they find a partner to license the software... sweet. Part of being a Palm fan for so long... you've had your back up against a wall so many times you just lean against it and relax.
    Except that this time Palm has been dead and gone for over a year.

-Suntan
    if HP gg to dump this, don't think HTC or samsung wanna be in the loser q. which btw, HTC just filed 3 patent claims against apple. both are suppliers to apple.

that much said, this is a faster ending than the joojoo.
    @suntan... why push people to start running out and looking for alternatives?? It's not like its going to stop working in a few weeks. Jeez... use your devices and enjoy. I remind people.. they are JUST phones and tablets. Not life choices. You have a piece of electronics in your hand. If your contract is coming up, move to another device if you wish. If your device is working great and you like it... use it until you want something else. Boy.. it's amazing how people are freaking like they have to make some life choice in a matter of days.

I can assure you I am not "freaking." I calmly made the choice to update my abandoned pre+ months ago and just wait on the sidelines in the slim hope that hp would do something to get webos back in gear in time for the next contract cycle.

As for "pushing people to go running," I encouraged others to start looking at their options... not exactly the words someone uses when they want to start a massive freak out.

Look, you're pretty clear that you think webos is going to be up and running for the forseeable future. I disagree. I see it dead now and not really worth the complete devotion it had (by many) yesterday. Im just sharing my viewpoint same as you.

-Suntan
    ogeneo and sinsin07 like this.
    At least we have a wall to lean aginst
  20.    #20  

I like you. I always forget that these devices are just extensions of existence, not existence itself. I just wish I wasn't so tethered. Technology is supposed to make life easier, right?!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast