Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    I would like some feedback on my current situation.

I bought my Touchpad at Staples during the $200 price decrease and have until tomorrow to return it for a full refund.

I am new to WebOS and have not purchased any apps or accessories for it. My experience with the Touchpad has been really good up until today. It has some bugs, but the Synergy features are amazing. The possibility of no new updates would seriously diminish the usefulness of the device. I fear there will be no more news updates to apps like USA Today and Stuff. And if changes are made to some of the sites where apps pull data from like Facebook then these would also become useless. There is the possibility that the devices will reach rock bottom price and I could return and later pick one up for a bargain and use it as a simple PDA.

Please provide some advice to me and anyone else in my current situation.

Thanks
    Honestly, I'd return it while you can, and wait a few weeks for the smoke to clear before making your next move.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Honestly, I'd return it while you can, and wait a few weeks for the smoke to clear before making your next move.
    +1
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Agreed. I'm a webOS veteran, and I'm returning it. The way I see it, the prices will drop even more now. If there's news in the next month that renews my faith, I'll buy another one.

I saw a post a while back that Staples will be putting all tablets on sale for Back to School at the end of Aug., early Sept. If you feel regret and want to jump back it, wait till then.

- X
    cut your losses. It's not like you are invested already.
    i would say, if you like it and you can imagine to enjoy it for at least one year how it is now keep it...
    i say return the unit first thing tomorrow and try to get your money back...you can always come back to webOS if it somehow makes it through this situation....
    Get in your car and return it now!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    return it immediately. couple months from now they'll be blowing them out for $199 with a free Veer. if you really want one by then just rebuy.
    return it and ask for an apology
    Dtonz and Xebec01 like this.
  11.    #11  
    Erasing profile and packing back up. Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    return it immediately. couple months from now they'll be blowing them out for $199 with a free Veer. if you really want one by then just rebuy.
    returned my tonight, figured made no sense not too, if the price ducks down to supercheap, I will buy another one but no way is this a $300 or $400 tablet anymore, heck most on here said it never was worth that to begin with

i liked the thing a lot but makes no sense to get your money back at this point
    Agreed. Return it. That's what I did, tonight.
    In a few weeks, we will know more.

It might even be worth it to jump in again, at an even more discounted price..
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    I would say return it.

I've got a Pre- and a TouchPad, so I'm not a webOS hater (love it actually). However, since you have the opportunity to return it, you should. That's what I would do if I could still return my TouchPad.

The fact of the matter is that it is virtually dead. Unless it does EVERYTHING you want it to do, then return it. If it happens to do EVERYTHING you want it to do, then keep it.

For me, the liklihood of getting document editing is gone. OS updates are probably not going to happen (at least nothing significant). The App Catalog future is uncertain. Very doubtful the Pre3 will ever see the streets in the USA.

So, thanks for joining the webOS party, but it looks like the police have come and shut down the party. Better sneak out the back with your refund while you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukeda View Post
    i would say, if you like it and you can imagine to enjoy it for at least one year how it is now keep it...
    That does not make sense in light of the new news. It's a great device, but it's going no where if people stop writing apps for it. It needs an audible app or someway to listen to audible downloads. Some way has a way of using ubutu or something like that and I'll be checking into that to get doc editing and a way to make the device more useful. A device that is only useful. Return it while you can and see what happens.
    Return it.

The DEEP discounting will happen within the next week since college starts for many next week.
    I'm in the UK - With a heavy heart I've called the HP Store and then got put through to post sales support who have agreed to take my beloved Touchpad back together with the case and Touchstone.

So disappointed - the TP is a superb device, fast and amazing OS that really isn't quite finished. With the option to return on the table is seems that cutting one's losses and walking away is the sensible option - and there is nothing else on the market I'd have right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    That does not make sense in light of the new news. It's a great device, but it's going no where if people stop writing apps for it. It needs an audible app or someway to listen to audible downloads. Some way has a way of using ubutu or something like that and I'll be checking into that to get doc editing and a way to make the device more useful. A device that is only useful. Return it while you can and see what happens.
    But, I said, if you like it how it is: If you don't need many new apps and maybe rely more on Web based apps/games/videos keep it. I think also the great time of apps is over.

So if you like it how it is now keep it. If you don't like it how it is now you have to admit that you were disappointed from the first day and you want more and more, so bring it back.

What I need more is only quickoffice with edit function and a VNC Software. Than I'm more than happy.
    If someone is only happy with apps, he should have bought Ipad2 in the first place.

Best,
    Keda
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    @Cosmicblue That's interesting - I've just emailed the HP Store in the UK asking for a full refund or at least a big discount on the 438 I forked out 47 days ago. I haven't had a reply yet.

Andrew
    I returned it last night. Not looking back. webOS was my first love but I've moved on. Left when it became clear that sprint was done with webOS and came back for the TouchPad after repeated pronouncements from HP that they were serious and after seeing a ton of ads. Yesterday was the final straw. Already miss the touchstone and having flash play on inactive card but all of my android apps, preferences, etc from EVO transferred nicely and automativally
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast