{ "ticket":5 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    { "ticket":5 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.postinst 2>&1
    Kernel confirmed to be compatible with this webOS version
    Verifying no existing modifications to target files ...
    Verification failed on /boot/System.map-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/config-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/mach-msm/dma_test.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/arch/arm/oprofile/oprofile.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/crypto/ansi_cprng.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/gspca_main.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/net/wireless/libra/librasdioif.ko
    Verification failed on /lib/modules/2.6.35-palm-tenderloin/kernel/drivers/video/backlight/lcd.ko
    Device kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.kernels.uber-kernel-touchpad.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    do you already run a new kernel?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaKitty View Post
    do you already run a new kernel?
    I had it installed before but it stopped running the profile settings
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    I had this exact problem today. I was running the kernel before, but did a secure erase and restore. Upon trying to reinstall the kernel I got the same error message.

To fix it: if you see an icon for the UberKernel, delete it and restart the TouchPad. Then install the Palm Kernel (in the Recovery section of the kernel area in PreWare). After installation, it will ask to restart; do so. After restart, you should be able to install and use the kernel.
    Please help; I have the exact same error; I then followed dlovegrove's directions "To fix it: if you see an icon for the UberKernel, delete it and restart the TouchPad. Then install the Palm Kernel (in the Recovery section of the kernel area in PreWare). After installation, it will ask to restart; do so. After restart, you should be able to install and use the kernel." and still it doesn't want to install; any ideas? thanks!!!
    I had the same problem, but using palm kernel and restarting method, I was able to use uberkernel successfully without a problem.

Thank you.
    Just to let you know my experience with this;

I had had PreWare installed and the touchpad was working fine EXCEPT I could not get the Music app to recognise my music. I did a "Reset" (not a secure erase, just an erase). I set about reloading my stuff (got my music working!!!) but I couldn't get Uberkernel or Warthog to install... same reason as here. I also couldn't find the recovery kernel in Preware. I "RM'd" the files it was complaining about and my TP went into permanent Kernel Panic.

I believe what happened was that my old Uberkernel was still installed even after an erase; which meant it couldn't install any kernels at all. I've just Doctored it and I'm optimistic everything will be fine (despite having to copy my 7.7Gb of music all over again) but I thought I'd mention it.

If you HAVE HAD kernel replacements installed, just do a Doctor straight off and save yourself a couple hours messing about... unless of course someone here knows a better way which is just as safe?

Thanks all - very helpful site.
    Try uninstalling/installing preware, make sure you reboot (you should be prompted), update the feeds, reboot again. Install the recovery Kernel, reboot, install the Kernel you want. Set the speed with govnah. Hope this works for you.
    my kernal just stoped for seemingly no reason at all.. And I can't seem to get any of them running :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by dlovegrove View Post
    I had this exact problem today. I was running the kernel before, but did a secure erase and restore. Upon trying to reinstall the kernel I got the same error message.

To fix it: if you see an icon for the UberKernel, delete it and restart the TouchPad. Then install the Palm Kernel (in the Recovery section of the kernel area in PreWare). After installation, it will ask to restart; do so. After restart, you should be able to install and use the kernel.
    Worked for me!