1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

So I've long been an admirer of WebOS since the days of the Pre 2. I've played with the TouchPad a lot in the store, and I really do love the deck of cards interface, the font, the overall aesthetics of the device.

I've wanted to buy it for a long time, and I was about to this past weekend actually after the permanent price drop, but I decided to wait until after I paid for this year's tuition (being a poor student, I guess you have to prioritize).

And then today's announcement happens.

The thing is, I still really like WebOS and I would like to buy a TouchPad, especially since I expect another permanent price drop so that retailers can clear out their stock. Assuming we get at least a $100 drop, which I think is very possible, it may be worth it for me to pick one up and use it as a browser. At the end of the day, it's a tech toy, so it'll serve it's purpose. I'll tether off my Android phone and I'd be good to go.

Just a couple of things...

1 - Are apps still available to download via the HP App Catalog? Or is that completely shut down now too?

2 - Obviously software updates are probably completely killed now, but is the current firmware build buggy at all? (Are current TouchPad users waiting for a major OS update to fix really common bugs?)

Thanks!
    nothing changed, plenty of apps. My biggest worry is that Quickoffice won't bother to ad document editing now.

other than that, the TP is awesome.
    You can still get the apps through the app catalogue.
    For the software update HP said they are not stopping working on WebOS, but there is no way to be sure that this time they will do just as they say.
    I just returned one. I'll buy it again when it's being clearanced for $200.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    didn't someone post a video of working office editing app? Seemed like a great app! Dev need to release the app ASAP..
    You can buy the one I posted on Ebay. Case and Charger included. Sad Sad day
    There's not another tablet I want right now, but fortunately I've got the 90-day return policy of Sam's Club to fall back on. I'll probably go ahead and return the case while I can though. As long as they confirm ongoing updates & app support, I'll keep it.
    just wait..lots will be up for sale or highly discounted