Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree45Likes
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    I can see some people returning them to see if there is another drop in price. To those who have the $50 app credit -- make sure to spend it before returning!!

Personally, I'll keep mine. Everything still works. It's my first tablet and I see no reason to spend any more time or money trying to get used to something else just yet.

There's still much uncertainty about what the future holds. I'm not going to start acting like Chicken Little and go crazy until the dust settles over the next couple weeks. Hopefully more information surfaces that gives us a better picture of what to expect down the road.
    I still have my $50 app credit on my profile (re-checked it just now) and I returned my TouchPad two weeks after I bought it, at launch.

Not sure what to do with those credits, though. Maybe purchase some apps to support the dying dev community?
    As much as I would love to keep mine I'm gonna return my touchpad. I love it but unless it can be more productive (edit docs) it's just not worth the investment for me. Unfortunately my wife threw out my box and now I can't return mine. So if anyone wants to sell me their box for a 32GB touchpad send me a PM
    Where did you buy yours from? Best Buy does not require boxes and, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $does$ $not$ $charge$ $restocking$ $fees$ $either$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Where did you buy yours from? Best Buy does not require boxes and, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $does$ $not$ $charge$ $restocking$ $fees$ $either$.
    Staples. I called the store and the return policy recording was very specific about needing boxes and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazidl View Post
    As much as I would love to keep mine I'm gonna return my touchpad. I love it but unless it can be more productive (edit docs) it's just not worth the investment for me. Unfortunately my wife threw out my box and now I can't return mine. So if anyone wants to sell me their box for a 32GB touchpad send me a PM
    works fine using ubuntu chroot, im running LibreOffice atm q well.
    I'm keeping my touchpad - bought it at midnight, day one, from Best Buy, so can't return it. Besides, I love it.

And I'm hoping doc editing comes. Sounds like it is already built, along with a Shazam-like app, just need to get the HP bureaucracy to push it through. And frankly, the webos group has every reason to increase the value of webos. The only negative is most of them are probably focused on editing their resumes and deciding which start-ups to go to...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Bought mine Day 1, so it stays. Don't know if I would have returned it anyway. Still works for me. I have netbooks and laptops for doc editing. Would be nice if HP would at least provide support for their product with a year's worth of updates to keep things like Flash working properly. It's the least they can do to support those who took them at their word and bought their product.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    works fine using ubuntu chroot, im running LibreOffice atm q well.
    I just looked up setting up ubuntu chroot and the documentation is quite lengthy... i guess i will give it a try when the kids are asleep.

On a side note why didn't HP throw caution into the wind and just ramp up the processing power for these puppies from the start. My initial impression of the touchpad was that it was sluggish but when I loaded up the uberkernel it was like a new device! I'm currenlty running a 1.7 kernel and this thing is a beast!
    Bought mine on day 1. It's on ebay. I liked the device, and was ready to wait for some more development to take shape (rdp/rdc), netflix, etc. But if HP is making an announcement like that, it's going to scare away the major app developers unless samsung, htc, or what have you hurries up and says "but oh, we're going to make devices for it."

Definitely removes the Pre3 from my mix of potentials with the Iphone5 and GalaxyIIS, if that's even going to be released at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by bazidl View Post
    I just looked up setting up ubuntu chroot and the documentation is quite lengthy... i guess i will give it a try when the kids are asleep.

On a side note why didn't HP throw caution into the wind and just ramp up the processing power for these puppies from the start. My initial impression of the touchpad was that it was sluggish but when I loaded up the uberkernel it was like a new device! I'm currenlty running a 1.7 kernel and this thing is a beast!
    go the file/imaged route, far far less to do and if it goes wrong, youve just lost a file or remount the image which you can copy/backup, just means its a tad slower than the other route and you cant go past 2gb, hell if i needed the disk space id just create and mount more 2gb images.
    Well said..thank you talked me into keeping mine as well... as far as trusting HP with another purchase is another story....
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    go the file/imaged route, far far less to do and if it goes wrong, youve just lost a file or remount the image which you can copy/backup, just means its a tad slower than the other route and you cant go past 2gb, hell if i needed the disk space id just create and mount more 2gb images.
    geekpeter can you email me i have questions about your post please @ Johnathanfb@aol.com
  14.    #74  
    Clarification: I just returned my $400 32gb touchpad to Staples where I bought it 2 weeks ago, then bought the exact same one for $149. Even picked up a touchstone too. Sa-weet!
    bought a 16 gig yesterday at BB. Paid full price:-O went back today and got 321.00 back. I also picked up a touchstone and cover for 50% off. :-P

I don't know why people are ragging this thing? Its great!!! Surfing with flash is so much better than the iPad. The homebrews are gonna be epic! Battery life is great. I can't say enough how surprised I am at how good this thing is. Get one if you can!!
    best buy is selling all touchpad stuff 50% off. Got a touchstone today for 40 bucks.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234