Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I bought it on launch day, I sent HP my Upc code for the $50 rebate, and i bought it in a different best buy that is a while away, and I pretty much wasted $700 on it cause I also got the touchstone,so now what I'm stuck with it. Its not gonna get anything new? No new apps, no updates, no nothing? I'm confused as to what HP expects me to do with it now this means everythings cancelled tho even my pre 2? I spent so much money on apps I can still use it but it will just be something I forget about now.. its sad
    It still works, doesn't it? Its not like its going to evaporate or something.
    I was fortunate enough to print out a return authorization from Amazon two weeks ago because I got a bad feeling. Seriously. Not sure if I'm going to use it.
    I am looking into selling mine.
    I returned mine tonight to Staples. I wonder if they'll get a steady influx of them like they had all the orders nearly two weeks ago. I love WebOS, but I hate the excrement for brains company that took the best mobile OS at the time of its purchase of Palm and drove it straight into the ground. It was a great web, mail, and Facebook machine out of the box, but I expected a few very decent apps that I'm sure now will never materialize to round it out. I'll probably go tablet-less for a while and maybe buy an iPad2 when the iPad3 comes out.
    Hmm, funny enough. My Touchpad is still working on what I bought it for the first place. Browsing web, email, and listening to music and watch videos. What do I do with my touchpad? Still use it.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    mine still works, but it will never edit office documents, never have touch-to-share with my Veer, never have and RDP or Splashtop client, never have ssh.

HP should take these things back, period. They falsely advertised numerous features that will never exist. Even the HP rep I chatted with tonight said that QuickOffice "might" release a version with editing capabilities.

We've been utterly abandoned. The move to get out of the consumer side is wise as they have shat where they slept.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I got a Touchpad AND a Veer! It's too late for the Touchpad but I can still return the Veer. Do any of you think we'll see any updates at all?

Mike
    I'd like a refund for mine, and I got it to develop apps but the ecosystem is now dead in the water. It still works, I still like it, I can still read my PDF books and browse the web. But knowing it's going to be stuck at 3.0.2 for eternity, and nobody is going to build apps for it the touchpad has lost all appeal to me. I wasted $700 on this thing. I should have got an iPad, seriously. At least when Apple screws it customers over they wait a year or two. damnit.
    Does your device work? Do/Did you enjoy it?? Then keep it and use it. Guys, as far was anyone knows its just the hardware side HP is dropping. I'd honestly wait to see what they say about the actual software in a week or two.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I'm surprised no talk has popped up here about a class action. I'm not saying one would be successful, necessarily, but I'm just surprised no one has raised the prospect yet.
    I'm in the same boat as you. I got the TouchPad, touchstone and case. It is to late for me to return it.when Staples had their awesome deal, my mom, daughter and my wife bought the TouchPads too.

the only hope we all have is that some how the webOS will continue.if anyone thinks that HP should buy these back, I'm sure that there is a loop hole that will get them out of this mess. The speculation on the net is that webOS is not dead. Only time will tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by splee1234 View Post
    I bought it on launch day, I sent HP my Upc code for the $50 rebate, and i bought it in a different best buy that is a while away, and I pretty much wasted $700 on it cause I also got the touchstone,so now what I'm stuck with it. Its not gonna get anything new? No new apps, no updates, no nothing? I'm confused as to what HP expects me to do with it now this means everythings cancelled tho even my pre 2? I spent so much money on apps I can still use it but it will just be something I forget about now.. its sad
    Use it!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Now I know why the update sucked big time and did little more than add a calculator app. Never again will I part with my duckets on an HP product. <<mod delete>>
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/19/2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: language
  15. AZ8
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Does your device work? Do/Did you enjoy it?? Then keep it and use it. Guys, as far was anyone knows its just the hardware side HP is dropping. I'd honestly wait to see what they say about the actual software in a week or two.
    Hewlett Packard's WebOS Headed To Your Luxury Cars and Appliances
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I just wish they would have laid out the plans two weeks ago. And not put many in limbo.
    Just brought mine back to staples. The manager was like. "just in time,we are starting to charge a restocking fee on these tomorrow." whatever. Went to best buy and picked up an ipad2 with the money I got back. Just a matter of time anyways I guess. Faught off this ecosystem for so long loving and believing in webs and now this. As much as i didnt want this thing The iPad is pretty nasty though I must say. Super smooth. Can't really understand why hp could not have put out comparable hardware to this. I probably would not own an iPad at this moment if it weren't for the touchpad as this last to weeks with a tablet were awesome. I just love kickin back on the couch after work paroosin the web with this thing. Can't really get comfortable on the couch with a laptop. Well, it's a sad sad day for me I must say. I felt like imwas breaking up with a girlfriend returning that thing.