Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    I hope so. To kill an expensive product 6 weeks after launch doesn't seem right to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by cap View Post
    so I had to replace my TP at BB for the speaker crack as well. Does this swap out give you an extra return window?
    No it does not, they go by purchase date anytime a product is returned etc. Same applies with there insurance plans. You only get to use them 1 time.
    HP will have the worst name for itself because of this. Grow some balls HP. Did you think in the first 40 days of your product being released that you could compete in one of the most competitive industries on the market. I actually believed all that marathon bull crap. They probobly dont care about thier name though because they are exiting the consumer space altogether it seems. I already exchanged my touchpad for a iPad 2 this morning. As much as I dislike Apples closed ecosystem, at least they care about thier customers and believe in thier product. HP you had the best mobile OS bar none on this planet and you dumped it. I can understand if its not working out for you financially but to break the news on a quartely call, ***. Palm couldnt afford it anymore either but at least they found a buyer and some light at the end of the tunnel when they broke the news to the loyal fanbase. I was a ****** through and through and stuck by webOS through thick and thin, but HP killed you.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I, myself, am curious of the legal consequences of these actions. Killing a product 6 weeks after launch seems a bit off to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by snpalavan View Post
    I, myself, am curious of the legal consequences of these actions. Killing a product 6 weeks after launch seems a bit off to me.
    Interesting thought, but they're a business, they can pretty much decide what they want for the direction of their product, can't they? If any lawyers are around to begin a class action lawsuit, I'm sure you'll have many supporters.

Also, anyone having any luck on a BB purchase without a UPC? I'm stuck as to what to do. I wanted it on day one, that seems to have been a mistake. Think I'm going to be in the hole $650. Good thing I love the device.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Anyone tried with newegg? I pre-ordered mine way back in the day when things were sunny. Now i don't even know if i should try.
    I am going to try Staples tomorrow and see if they will take mine back. I will be on day 15 so officially outside the return window, but I am hoping they'll take it back. Heck, if I can get them to give me an additional $200 off to $199 I'll keep it For $200 it would be worth it for me just to watch movies/tv shows that I load onto the TP when I fly.

Fingers crossed.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Interesting thought, but they're a business, they can pretty much decide what they want for the direction of their product, can't they? If any lawyers are around to begin a class action lawsuit, I'm sure you'll have many supporters.
    I brought up this idea yesterday and the thread got closed. I wondered if there's a consumer fraud case to be made by a lawyer smarter than me.

I love my TP. I had no desire to return it. For what I use it for, its already better than an Ipad for me, and I love webOS. I don't mind being an early adopter. I don't expect a refund or a credit or anything else. But if HP was out in the market telling people it was in it for the long haul, and it was internally saying something else, it makes me question things.
    Last edited by poploser; 08/19/2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: ...
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    I wonder though if there will be a class action lawsuit from the early adopters.
    I'm in on this idea!
    I bought mine from Best Buy on July 2. I also returned that one due to it cracking along the speaker on July 5. I was able to exchange the Touchpad today for something else of equal or greater value. I had to talk to the manager for this to happen. I was shocked, but very happy to exchange for something else. I love webOS it's simply beautiful, but with HP killing the device after 49 days I lost all faith that it would be further supported or more apps would come.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliensrreal View Post
    I bought mine from Best Buy on July 2. I also returned that one due to it cracking along the speaker on July 5. I was able to exchange the Touchpad today for something else of equal or greater value. I had to talk to the manager for this to happen. I was shocked, but very happy to exchange for something else. I love webOS it's simply beautiful, but with HP killing the device after 49 days I lost all faith that it would be further supported or more apps would come.
    I'll have to try this tomorrow..I'm in desperation mode...I bought jul1
    Quote Originally Posted by mariolive7 View Post
    I'll have to try this tomorrow..I'm in desperation mode...I bought jul1
    I truly hope you are able to get an exchange. Each Best Buy is different and it's at their discretion to take it back outside the return policy. I called one Best Buy and the manager refused to make an exception. I went in person to another one and they agreed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12