Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Finally given up hope. anyway what do i need to know about returning my touchpad to staples? Will they let me return it now that its open? what is the best way to wipe all my info off the touchpad...the doctor?
    Just go to Settings, Device, and Erase. THat is it.

Staples will accept it within the 14 days. That is fine.

I am going tomorrow to return it. It's going to HURT me.
    I'm heading up there tonight. I'm on day 13. I've heard rumblings that Staples sometimes get ****y about "discontinued" items for returns. Not sure this counts as discontinued or not yet, but I could see them putting up a fuss and don't want to wait long enough for their national corporate dept to form a negative directive.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I did the secure erase, cleaned it up, and they took it back no problem about 30 minutes ago. I bought it Friday the 5th, and I didn't want to wait till tomorrow in case they claimed that was the 15th day. Also, wanted to get it returned b/f they had some corporate policy. Its not like the store manager would have any idea what's going on unless they tell him.
    Mine just went back...The manager said he's hated the day they started carrying tablets because all brands come back regularly. Staples is going to see quite a few of the touchpads they were sad to see leave at $200 off two weeks ago. I can't think of a way to better screw up than bailing out now. They just created massive resentment against themselves. If they weren't willing to stick it out at least six months with dismal sales, they shouldn't have bothered. Everyone involved is screwed. Bailing out 6 weeks in to your flagship launch is a big f-you to developers and purchasers.
  6. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Got mine from Costco (90 day return policy) and will probably keep the TP for another month to see what happens. If nothing is said about licensing to another vendor or no other positive news comes out, then i'll return it.
    op, fwiw I did my return by telephone within the 14-day return window, and they're coming to pick it up within 5 business days as per the email confirmation, with a full refund on my cc within 10 business days...$0 for return shipping.

zero problems (so far).
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Today is my 15th day - bummer...
    Mission accomplished; TP returned w/ full refund to Staples.

Heart is heavy; Part of me wanted them to refuse the return..
    Isn't that weird?
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Cronk and jetsetter883 like this.
    imo, you made the right choice.

hp everybody off (bwuahahaha!)
    same...just returned mine with the case and the touchstone, asked me why, said i love the pad but it doesn't have a future...cashier had no idea what I was talking about...

still kind of thinking of getting another one if the price is right but it wasn't worth with all the gadgets at $500 bucks anymore, I feel bad for all of you who bought it at even higher prices and don't have that option, you all really got screwed and I hope HP somehow does the right thing finally
    My 2 TouchPads are going back to Staples (I work there) along with the cases and Touchstones.

I was wondering how long it would take HP to f this up. Apparently, 1 month after release.

Congrats HP, I'm not selling your products anymore as I'm officially forcing a boycott on all my customers because I absolutely refuse to sell them your products from this day forward.

For those worrying about the 14-day return policy, it's not written in stone and, if a manager decides to be a jerk, just go above them to head office. Head office almost never puts up a fight.
  13. RUV
    Just returned mine as well... with a heavy heart.

The manager at Staples said that a lot of the TPs sold in the last two weeks have come back already.
    Cronk likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bxqb View Post
    My 2 TouchPads are going back to Staples (I work there) along with the cases and Touchstones.

I was wondering how long it would take HP to f this up. Apparently, 1 month after release.

Congrats HP, I'm not selling your products anymore as I'm officially forcing a boycott on all my customers because I absolutely refuse to sell them your products from this day forward.

For those worrying about the 14-day return policy, it's not written in stone and, if a manager decides to be a jerk, just go above them to head office. Head office almost never puts up a fight.
    Don't worry, if Leo has his way the only thing from HP you will be selling is printers.
    returned mine to staples today .

you know like in that matt damon movie "rounders" where his friend keeps on f*ing up? and he always have to bail him out? webos was like that to me i think...there will probably less drama in my life now, certainly less online arguments with people now that webos is out of my life. but i'm still really sad about it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    Got mine from Costco (90 day return policy) and will probably keep the TP for another month to see what happens. If nothing is said about licensing to another vendor or no other positive news comes out, then i'll return it.
    ditto
  17.    #17  
    thanks for the help everyone. we held out for so long and i never thought i would jump ship but this is the final nail in the coffin. my pre - is pretty much dead and i got the touchpad to go along with the pre 3. now that dream is dead so i give up. hard to believe ill go to apple or google. o well i guess. ill miss checkin out these forums multiple times a day tho
    I'm going to agree with you, I thought this had potential, thought they dropped the price to increase the sales, not because they were dumping it, but I guess I was wrong. Back to staples my touchpad goes tomorrow and maybe I'll buy it later when it's on a discount.
    I guess I'm an *****. LOL I plan to keep mine. I'll just use it for internet/twitter/facebook. When I'm through with it I'll give it to my parents. All they use the computer for is internet/youtube.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    heading to staples right now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast