Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    FEAR NOT, everyone! First, HP themselves will refund you the difference if you want to keep it, but even better, my local Staples (Budd Lake, NJ) is refunding me the difference directly! Granted, they're calling it a "Price Match' with Wal-Mart, but I don't care if they call it a duck! 32 gB Touchpad that I've already set up (and overclocked) for $149 right now! Excellent!

And even better, I only *called* them on Day 13 about the return telling them I was out of state and therefore couldn't get there in time. They said no worries and agreed to do this on Day 17!
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    true to what I posted earlier, just grabbed a new 32gb at office depot for 149! Even with no more potential for support, totally worth it at this price!
    I just "exchanged" my 32GB TouchPad this morning at Staples. Returned it at the $400 price I paid for it 2 weeks ago, then bought it for $149. Saved $200 just like that, and didn't even wipe it or take it out of its case.
    Yep, while I was picking my 32gig up thismorning at staples a lady came in touchpad-in-hand.

They "returned it" and let her buy it back at the discounted price. Easy as pie.

If you bought longer than 14 days ago at staples however..... That would be rather annoying. Hopefully HP will help ya out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarqueIV View Post
    FEAR NOT, everyone! First, HP themselves will refund you the difference if you want to keep it, but even better, my local Staples (Budd Lake, NJ) is refunding me the difference directly! Granted, they're calling it a "Price Match' with Wal-Mart, but I don't care if they call it a duck! 32 gB Touchpad that I've already set up (and overclocked) for $149 right now! Excellent!

And even better, I only *called* them on Day 13 about the return telling them I was out of state and therefore couldn't get there in time. They said no worries and agreed to do this on Day 17!
    OK I bought my Touchpad on August 4 - making it 16 days. They will not accept the price match after 14 days. How do I get HP to provide me the price match?
    I am on day 15 right now and I'm trying to get a Staples employee to help me out. I've been calling around with no luck. I'm probably just going to go in person tomorrow and soo what happens. Everyone has been entirely unhelpful.

Best Buy just adjusted their return policy for the TouchPad. They extended the return time period from 14 days to 60. I'm really hoping something like this happens with Staples.

I've always been a big fan of Palm and this is kind of killing it for me.
    Wayles likes this.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mberkin View Post
    OK I bought my Touchpad on August 4 - making it 16 days. They will not accept the price match after 14 days. How do I get HP to provide me the price match?
    Same thing here. Let me know if you make it, I'm going back to the store tomorrow (Sunday, 16th day after purchase) to talk to the manager and mention that other users are getting price matches with no problem outside the 14 day period.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noelrunkle View Post
    I am on day 15 right now and I'm trying to get a Staples employee to help me out. I've been calling around with no luck. I'm probably just going to go in person tomorrow and soo what happens. Everyone has been entirely unhelpful.

Best Buy just adjusted their return policy for the TouchPad. They extended the return time period from 14 days to 60. I'm really hoping something like this happens with Staples.

I've always been a big fan of Palm and this is kind of killing it for me.
    Same situation here! Let me know if you succeed. I will go to the store tomorrow and post an update with whatever they say!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I attempted to get the refund difference today (day 16 since my purchase at $300). I was told that HP will be providing the refund directly and that Staples will be coming out with a statement about this on Monday.

Has anyone else been told similar today?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan_ View Post
    I attempted to get the refund difference today (day 16 since my purchase at $300). I was told that HP will be providing the refund directly and that Staples will be coming out with a statement about this on Monday.

Has anyone else been told similar today?
    Just came back from the store. I'm also on the 16th day, they told me that they could only price match it or refund the TP if I was in the 14 day period. I told the manager about other people getting their price match outside the 14 day window and he said he would send an email and told me to call him tomorrow Monday...
    No word about HP refunding it directly, but I am not giving up!
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    After a lot of leg work I managed to get a TP at Office Max (they matched Staples for me) at the weekend sale of $300 two weekends ago. In light of the bail out from HP I just couldn't justify that price for a seemingly already done device. I went back yesterday being at day 13 of ownership and they gladly refunded the difference of $200 back onto my credit card. A $100 for a tablet is good enough for now and I can get a little bit more of my webOS fix which I have completely enjoyed for the past 2 years.
    I already jumped to an Evo 3D and havnt looked back. After going through 7 Pre- enough was enough already.
    I will continue to peak in P|C to see what if anything new happens but I've already accepted the ride has pretty much come to an end...
    Such a bummer for sure.
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by koramchad View Post
    Just came back from the store. I'm also on the 16th day, they told me that they could only price match it or refund the TP if I was in the 14 day period. I told the manager about other people getting their price match outside the 14 day window and he said he would send an email and told me to call him tomorrow Monday...
    No word about HP refunding it directly, but I am not giving up!
    I talked to someone on the staples live chat and its like they didn't even know anything about it. *sigh* I don't want to give up cause a $400 difference is a lot, but I don't think anyone will do anything for me outside the 14 day policy.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The 1-800-STAPLES number couldn't help me at all since I bought mine in a store. However, I went in to the store this morning and the manager was happy to price match my purchase from 8/3 (way past the 14 day period) to $149 for the 32 gig model. Very happy to have this awesome tablet that I originally paid $599 for at Walmart on 7/1 for $149!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Oh, not to mention the $50 rebate for being a Pre user and the $50 app store credit, so I guess I really got the tablet for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    Oh, not to mention the $50 rebate for being a Pre user and the $50 app store credit, so I guess I really got the tablet for $49!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's karma...

What goes around comes around...

...and so on and such. This is a great example on why it prooved good to be an early adopter. A $49 32 gig Touchpad sounds so awesome.
    Wayles likes this.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wayles View Post
    The 1-800-STAPLES number couldn't help me at all since I bought mine in a store. However, I went in to the store this morning and the manager was happy to price match my purchase from 8/3 (way past the 14 day period) to $149 for the 32 gig model. Very happy to have this awesome tablet that I originally paid $599 for at Walmart on 7/1 for $149!!!!!!!
    Thank you for giving me hope - I returned my $570 TP to Amazon at the end of my 30 day return window and purchased for $399 at Staples on 8/5 - one for me, one for my sister. This news all came down right at our 14 day window while we both were out of town, away from our Staples receipts and stores.

Today we're each going to go see what happens - I hope it works for us because I LOVE my device and will keep it - but will have a much better attitude about this fiasco if I get the lower price!

fingers crossed, Clarice
    Any word about this? I'm in the same boat... unfortunately, I had pre-ordered the Touchpad from them, so I've had it for 6 weeks now. Sucker, I am.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jingoro View Post
    Any word about this? I'm in the same boat... unfortunately, I had pre-ordered the Touchpad from them, so I've had it for 6 weeks now. Sucker, I am.
    There's another thread on this forum were a user said that they'll start price matching starting tomorrow...
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simseysyd View Post
    multiple confirmations in the other thread that word came down that regardless of purchase date they will adjust - including my own call to the manager of my store!

Clarice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast