Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo View Post
    They may not have the biggest marketshare but they have the biggest mindshare when it comes to consumer confidence. I know people that just have an iphone just because it's popular, never download apps and just use it for a phone. Crazy I know, and Android just reminds me so much of Winmo with all of the tinkering you can do with the device to try to get more out of it and make it your own. I like being able to do that but want to have to do that just to make my phone usable and I don't trust using google services. I don't even like the fact that you can get an upclose picture of my house using their Navigation software...It's no telling what they've seen when I've kept my blinds open or didn't have any blinds up at one time. I know it's not their satallites but still...LOL!!!
    Thats fine, but my point is they are no way a monopoly.
    Former Palm Pre Plus owner. Now am Windows Phone 7 user. I couldn't be happier. I enjoy the phone. Major update coming soon.
    Last edited by sherwin892; 08/18/2011 at 10:40 PM.
    biggest problem with Win 7 Phone is that MS has already stated that there future is for Windows 8 to run on everything...Computers, phones, and tablets. That most likely means that Win 7 Phones OS has no real future.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    biggest problem with Win 7 Phone is that MS has already stated that there future is for Windows 8 to run on everything...Computers, phones, and tablets. That most likely means that Win 7 Phones OS has no real future.
    No. What it means is they are making every other MS interface look more like Windows Phone. The metro inspired UI is making its way onto Windows 8 and Xbox.

Man, its amazing how much FUD is out there on Windows Phone.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Blackberry Bold 9930 is looking like the best replacement for my Pixi Plus
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    No. What it means is they are making every other MS interface look more like Windows Phone. The metro inspired UI is making its way onto Windows 8 and Xbox.

Man, its amazing how much FUD is out there on Windows Phone.

Wrong again. Windows 8 is being designed to work across all types of devices. I am not referring to the Metro UI (which is kind of garbage anyway). The Windows 7 Phone code base will be completely replaced.
    Wrong again. Windows 8 is being designed to work across all types of devices. I am not referring to the Metro UI (which is kind of garbage anyway). The Windows 7 Phone code base will be completely replaced.
    No. Windows 8 is designed to overlay and not replace Windows 7. There is no indication this would be any different for Windows Phone 8 . MS is not about to undercut its fledgling mobile OS. Nothing but FUD. Fine if you don't care for one OS over the another but wild speculation about how MS plans to update its mobile OS by killing it are unfounded and outlandish.

Somehow that would't escape the developers who made it the fastest growing app store ever...

http://www.mobilityfeeds.com/mobilit...microsoft.html

Last edited by foosball; 08/18/2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by foosball View Post
    No. Windows 8 is designed to overlay and not replace Windows 7.
    This is so incorrect
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    You and everybody else...

I love WebOS. It works exactly how I want to work. And the new devices would have had me set for the next few years as long as there was software support, but alas that won't be the case...

That being said, I honestly feel awful because I flat out do not like any other OS. I can't stand the singleness of iOS and Android is a mess. I guess I don't know much about Windows Phone. That might be the way to go considering I'm quite happy with Windows 7 on my PC... I just don't really like the Phone UI.
    The point is, you CANNOT attach anything else except pictures as attachment in your mail for WP7, I don't think it suits you.
    This is so incorrect
    You are correct about that. Windows 7 will actually be running within Windows 8:

According to MS:

The full capabilities of Windows continue to be available to you, including the Windows Explorer and Desktop, as does compatibility with all Windows 7 logo PCs, software and peripherals.

The point is whether its your desktop or whether its your phone it will provide backwards compatibility. Anything else is suicide, a la, HP.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12