44 19.82%
  • Toss it.

33 14.86%
  • Eat it.

36 16.22%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
  1.    #1  
    No seriously, does anyone think its possible that the prices will come waaaay down. Like 150 or something? I'd buy one! Its still a good tablet, isn't it?
    if TouchPad 16g goes down to like $200, i will get one to remember webOS. But I wouldn't pay more than $200 for just web browser without any software update or app support.
    There will be no apps on it so why would you want one? If they sell WebOS as a stand alone OS for other smartphone and tablet manufacturers than yes if not its a glorified web browser
    JonVon likes this.
    i'm guessing $99.99 for the 16 gb.

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    if TouchPad 16g goes down to like $200, i will get one to remember webOS. But I wouldn't pay more than $200 for just web browser without any software update or app support.
    If I were a betting man, I would guess that webOS isn't going away and there will be updates. They are just dropping devices.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i'm guessing $99.99 for the 16 gb.
    Well, I think even without software and app support, I think current touchpad is definately worth $200. But I wouldn't mind if it goes down as low as $99.99. Honestly, it's not a bad web browser tablet for that money.
    And you can still get apps.... kind of.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Honestly, it's not a bad web browser tablet for that money.
    Exactly! it's got flash and can browse. give it to my daughter and play. and you can throw it in your bag, leave it in the car in the florida heat or whatever and not care cause you only spent $99. I cant do that with my ipad2.
    SeeVuPlay likes this.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    well after the touchpad was released... 1.5 months later it is discontinued.. Who is going to return theirs? I'm on the fence as I will still get a good amount of utility out of it, I'm just concerned with future updates and apps. I don't know which developer wants to make apps for webos after this announcement..

or maybe I'll return it and wait for an ipad3. . . .
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    If the price goes that low, I'll pick up a few as backups. As long as email keeps working, the tablet has value to me.
    I didn't get one (glad), but if I did, I would return it. I am going to tell my friend to return theirs.
    I would if I could. Return period ended. So not happy right now!
    Return it.

The prices are going to drop like a rock.
    I got it Fri, Aug 5 from Office Depot for $300 (w/ Staples $100 off coupon). I was going to give it to my best friend as a kickarse wedding gift. The TP is unopened and OD has a 14 day return policy.

Now do I go return it?? The developers will flee like no tomorrow.

My friend has iPhone and I had this wonderful idea of converting him to webOS so that he'd buy a Pre3 as his next phone... *POOF*
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    The other thing is that all app development will stop and services that you can currently get are likely to be turned off or slowly eroded. Absolutely nobody is going to throw men into a dead platform.
    You just have to accept that what you have now, is basically what you will have a year down the road, in terms of apps and updates.
    although i will get a pre 3 which i can use with no apps
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    Not a good time unless you like buying hardware you can't get repaired or return.
    You sure about that? A warranty is still a warranty, HP isn't going bankrupt, they are stopping device production.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bevcraw likes this.
    This is ridiculous...

You may disagree with me, but I'm a hardcore WebOS fan. Have been since launch day of the Pre minus. Just got my Sprintified Pre 2 and you know what... I wouldn't tell ANYONE to get a WebOS device right now.

Developers must be running for the hills. Why would you develop for an OS that isn't getting any new users...this is stupid. At the very least, why not announce this later, so at least we could get a few more developers invested...
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm thinking about returning mine being that I don't know what's going on with updates and developers will be running away from webos.. I still love the product and webos and will continue to get utility out of my touchpad..

should I return it and wait for the ipad3?
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast