• Sell it.

44 19.82%
  • Toss it.

33 14.86%
  • Eat it.

36 16.22%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
    if you have the chance to return it(like i luckily did) and get back all your money, why wouldn't you, you know you will be able to buy the exact same touchpad or even an upgrade for half the price or even cheaper in less than 2 weeks!

screw hp like they screwed us
    I think by Christmas there will be some type of class action suit us launch day TP owners can join. We'll still get to use the TP and get our money back at the same time.

ET
    Very disappointed. Only got my TP 1 week ago. It was only just launched here in Australia & not even given a chance yet. I also have an iPad 2, but will keep the TP. It plays flash sites that my kids use & I play video on it. So I use it like a portable TV while using my iPad. It will still do that well even if I can't buy paid apps still.
    As for development, I am learning development for iOS and webOS. Well, I was. Looks like I should just concentrate on iOS development to be honest.
    sorli likes this.
    I was on my 3rd touch pad since the launch. I have a silver rewards card with best buy and simply return products within 45 days with no questions asked. Anyway I protected myself by returning the TP and then re purchasing another the next day. After hearing about the poor sales yesterday, and I decided to get a Galaxy Tab. Good timing based on today's news. The TP had a lot of potential, but HP just doesn't have a creative bone.
    I really hope some SERIOUS discounting happens! I would snatch a couple at $200.

I returned mines and I feel so empty now..Sad to say.
    Skyflyer likes this.
    I'm waiting for the price to drop lower or until it ends up back on Woot for like $200. Even with the recent price drops, there's no way I'm paying full retail price for a device that just for discontinued.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    I'm really baffled and actually confused by people that say the device is great and does everything for them...but they are going to return it. If the device does what you want and is perfect for you, then why return it? If you are worried about the future of webOS I can understand that...but how does that affect you if you are satisfied with the state the device is currently in.

I'm going to speak personally here, I sit and look at my TouchPad, it has a few games on it, I can browse the web perfectly, it in a since for what I use it for and what I do with it nothing short of perfect. I have no desire to return a product that is working flawlessly for me..but hey...maybe that's just me..maybe it's the company thought in me..I don't know..
    Yes I'm keeping mine and agree it does everything I need now. If I really needed more apps, I would have bought a iPad years ago, but then I've never quite drank the IOS Kool-aid and got into their non-multitasking interface. Maybe IOS and Android will step things up a notch, but I don't have to go anywhere and thankfully even after todays announcement...I'm in no rush.

I guess many webOS users feel betrayed and much of this has to do with the passion webOS brings everyday when we use the devices. I'm hopeful that HP can make webOS a viable option in the future and that they hopefully come through with their promises ($50 rebate and App Promo Codes).

I guess time well tell and hopefully you land in solid with your future endeavors. I appreciate and thank you for your support and past help. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Well I am new here and just got my touch pad yesterday. I work at Best Buy and have been on vacation and won a little money and picked this up.

I love this tablet,but it has to go back. It would only be $300 after a rebate from HP but for a device that has been killed its a bit too much.

I worry about updates down the road. At least with a droid device I could flash it to get updates and such.

its too bad they did not give it more then 5 weeks to catch on.

So I thing I will pick up a thrive to play with. HP so sad what you did .
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous340 View Post
    Quote "why return it? If you are worried about the future of webOS I can understand that..."

For me that is exactly the problem. I bought a pre in june when they came out and was frustrated by the lack of features, but remained hopeful that updates would catch up. They did and I was fairly happy. (no flash or Doc editing sucks!) I am not taking chances this time. It is a gamble and Hp is showing thier hand. no brainer. I love how the TP works... miss some gestures. But I am not willing to float $425 for the way too uncertain future. I have never seen such a dumb move by a corporation EVER! within the 14 day return window of thier biggest sales weekend they release this?!?!? Heads should role. Thank God I didn't invest in thier stocks when I was thinking about it!
    I did buy the TP on the rabate weekend two weeks ago... and a few days later I bought HPQ stocks... grrrrrrr... I do love the TouchPad, but I am not sure what to do... I have 2 more days to decide to keep it or return it to Staples. Shall I get an iPad? Or just remain on my laptop as somebody earlier stated... hmmm... decisions, decisions...
    Will BestBuy hand them out with their flyers on the screen at the door for free? #Trying_to_brighten_up_the_mood_around_here
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Well I supposed I would return mine if the annoucement caused...

-flash magically deinstalled itself from the browser
    -Cisco VPN mysteriously stopped working
    -Bluetooth lost the ability to connect to my Pre-
    -Wifi suddenly stopped connecting to my corp wifi
    -Sharepoint ceased to load and run in the browser
    -box.net went offline
    -TapNote stopped opening and syncing with dropbox
    -Angry Birds HD, NFS:HP, Robotek, Galcon, etc. vanished from my device
    -etc., etc

Nope. It's past midnight and my TP didn't turn into a pumpkin. Guess I'll keep on using it's functions and abilities as I have since I bought it 7/1.
    What a disappointment!!! I guess it's back to Good ol Dell/Window$ and what a sorry sorry company HP is!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm really baffled and actually confused by people that say the device is great and does everything for them...but they are going to return it. If the device does what you want and is perfect for you, then why return it? If you are worried about the future of webOS I can understand that...but how does that affect you if you are satisfied with the state the device is currently in.

I'm going to speak personally here, I sit and look at my TouchPad, it has a few games on it, I can browse the web perfectly, it in a since for what I use it for and what I do with it nothing short of perfect. I have no desire to return a product that is working flawlessly for me..but hey...maybe that's just me..maybe it's the company thought in me..I don't know..
    For me it doesn't do everything I need (but I love what it did do), just needed it to be able to do more at that cost. Document editing is a key need and who knows if that will be completed or not. I was also counting on more apps to be developed which probably won't happen now. I purchased an iPad2 yesterday after returning my TouchPad and it is nowhere near the experience the TouchPad is/was. Without updates, support and apps I just cannot justify $400 for the 32gb TouchPad. Maybe if it goes down to $200 I can justify it. I hold this iPad2 in my hands and I am nowhere near as excited about it as I was the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by twhite View Post
    For me it doesn't do everything I need (but I love what it did do), just needed it to be able to do more at that cost. Document editing is a key need and who knows if that will be completed or not. I was also counting on more apps to be developed which probably won't happen now. I purchased an iPad2 yesterday after returning my TouchPad and it is nowhere near the experience the TouchPad is/was. Without updates, support and apps I just cannot justify $400 for the 32gb TouchPad. Maybe if it goes down to $200 I can justify it. I hold this iPad2 in my hands and I am nowhere near as excited about it as I was the TouchPad.
    If you re not as satisfied with the ipad as you was with the TouchPad then no one is to blame but yourself...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Can someone add the option for throwing it at Leo?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    dinod#WN likes this.
    I was going to return and rebuy, but I was a lucky one who bought for $300 from staples. If it dropped below $200 in the next 2 weeks, it would be worth it, but other than that, I am just gonna keep it and pick up a cheap touchstone dock for it, and then pray that webOS internals figures a way to get me 2.2 on my pre2 so I can use sms on it.
    I think prices will go down, and I think you should keep it. From what I am reading on precentral, it looks like HP wants to continue development until it's sold or license out -- and from what the big leagues have said yesterday, it looks like they have someone in mind. But who is that I wonder? And will it be a tablet/cell phone maker?

But keep your TouchPad, or give it to me. Which ever one fits you!!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Might keep it; might not. I really wish QuickOffice would make a statement as to whether or not document editing is coming. One hope is that it will be coming since the Touchpad was billed as having this in a future update. Might be moot now. I still have about 2 weeks to decide before my return window is closed. If QuickOffice (along with Evernote and remote Windows desktop) were here this would be a no-brainer for me. Egads!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    If you re not as satisfied with the ipad as you was with the TouchPad then no one is to blame but yourself...
    Sorry, not blaming anyone, just saying that I was excited by and really liked the TouchPad and WebOS, it was a pleasure to use. Disappointed that it did not succeed in the marketplace because I think it had real potential and could have been true iPad competition had it been given a chance. Hated hearing the announcement yesterday.
    I have insurance on my TP, it might fall out my hands.. When I'm confident that webOS is dead for sure.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast