Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    I too, am foolishly hoping that Samsung or HTC will show interest.... and develop better products than HP ever could. Honestly, I really love my touchpad, but was already looking towards other phone options because it makes no financial sense for me to leave Sprint.

Thanks for (not) trying, HP.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Seriously, why do I have this feeling now? it still does everything it did before...but...hummm

your thoughts?
    Am I an ***** to think of keeping my TP?

I really like it, and I have been happy using a flash browser (haven't needed much in the way of apps, though I really wanted NewsRoom to get the TP patch). Am I just in denial?
    Amazing. How depressing this day is. H/P killing off Palm and Touchpad. Cant freaking believe it.Just depressing.

I wish Samsung would buy the PC division or Apple extracts webOS out of this group and buy it. Samsung would be a great choice with excellent hardware. Though by now all talent would have left the software side. Cant believe webOS is going the way of danger/sidekick.

If Apple buy Palm unit, maybe they would continue webOS on the side?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I love my TP too, even with the lack of apps, but no way am I keeping it at the 500$ price point I paid for it.
    This may be a blessing in disguise people! It's pretty clear by the news, that HP wants to divest in its consumer business (consumer PCs, webOS devices, etc.). The news about acquiring Autonomy means that HP is making a push to be more of a software and services provider. Perhaps webOS will finally be licensed out, which if true, is quite frankly the best news that we've heard since the Pre was first released. It may finally flourish if more than one company is behind it.
    they are just saying that to keep their options open and keep everyone going while they try to unload. makes it more attractive to buyers if you have all the parts running. otherwise why is anyone gonna believe ANYTHING leo/hp has to say anymore?! geez... they lied more than they told the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So dev forums, HP is saying to stay tuned, but they are saying that things aren't as bad as they sound, which is odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Typical spin. How many times have we heard stuff from Palm or HP saying the same thing?
    Seriously.

I know we want to believe in webOS and all but there is no silver lining here, no hope to cling to, and no more carrots to dangle.
    What's funny is I was just at a federal IT conference yesterday where HP was front and center pushing Touchpad like it was nobody's business. I came up and was talking to the folks there and from what they said, nobody saw this coming (from the mix of sales and IT folks there pushing everything).

I told them I had a Touchpad and they wanted me to stay at the booth and help sell it. I think I was doing a better job than they were. I had to laugh when I saw they had Preware installed and it was overclocked.
    so.... Best Buy knew what was going on eh?
    AZ8 likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You know two weeks back I posted that the firesale prices might be for just this reason...
    So ****ing sorry I was right.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Un-freaking believable!!! I'm so torn, I love my Touchpad and Touchstone chargers. There is no other tablet that I want. Hey HP, don't let the door hit you in the **** on the way out
    Now I know why Ruby was so bad in the interview w Josh T, he knew webOS was dying
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    The ONLY hope for webOS is to open-source it and make it free a la Android.
    HP won't do this.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post
    wow.... sooooooo HP paid $1.2 billion for only an operating system??
    No. They paid for a patent portfolio. For which $1.2b may end up being a bargain.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    HP won't do this.
    But who would use it? HP, for all their size and all their scale, couldn't build a viable ecosystem on the back of webOS and that's what sells phones and tablets. An open sourced version of webOS would somehow be even more niche than it already is.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    HP won't do this.
    Android isn't open source
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Looks like HP will be stepping away from the platform and devices.

LMT

HP Discontinues webOS Handsets, Touchpad, and Entire Ecosystem - SlashGear
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    But I have opened it and used it already.....

You think Staples will take it back?
    This is your only chance. Go today and don't take no for an answer.
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast