Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Android. Samsung Galaxy SII or the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

God I f'n hate android. I f'n hate apple too.
    How the hell could HP screw this up? Seriously the best mobile operating sytem without question.
    aerojb and i_maq like this.
    "HP will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward."

HP made webOS devices may be dead but not the OS.
    We have all said we love the OS but would want to see a HTC or Samsung device. Here is our best shot!

And with rumor that Samsung would love to get it hands on WebOS things may get interesting.

We have all had faith in the OS we love. Keep hope alive just a bit longer...
    they could have atleast started selling the pre3 in germany...so i would have waited 2-4week and bought it for 99€ ....damn it..so 1 1/2 years with pre- wating for a webOS phone for nought. i am too poor to get an android i like
    Sad day indeed.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    In all seriousness, with this news what Tablet/Phone do you folks think is the best alternative to webOS?
    I'm going to wait until the WP7 Mango phones start hitting the market. The new version has a card-view-like interface for multitasking that looks like it'll ease the transition from webOS. Plus the xbox integration will be nice since I'm a big xbox fan.

I tried Android for 6 months.. absolutely hated it. Could be better if the Moto/Google merge goes through and Google has hardware control.
    Useraid and i_maq like this.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    MotorMD likes this.
    For those looking to return their Touchpads, return it soon. Otherwise Staples will figure out what's going on and stop accepting returns on discontinued products.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    so what is a good vertical slider android phone on sprint?
    I've been asking the same question for weeks. Motorola is rumored to be working on one with Sprint, but no one knows any details. Other than that...there are no options.

Brazil has a sweet phone (the Motorola Spice), but I doubt we'll ever see it in the states.

Karla
    Well at this point I've got a Veer and a Touchpad... Both outside the return window.

Help me webOS internals... your my only hope.
    thesaint05 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    My touchscreen plays with itself, my headphone jack takes me in and out of speakerphone, my small usb crack is now medium size, but now my waiting for the Pre 3 is over. Now what OS do I grudgingly adopt?
    I'm thinking of WP7. Just wish it had good multitasking. I was waiting for the Pre3 but unless they announce some future for the OS via licensing, it's not happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post
    "HP will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward."

We have all said we love the OS but would want to see a HTC or Samsung device. Here is our best shot!

And with rumor that Samsung would love to get it hands on WebOS things may get interesting.

I think Samsung was interested before the huge fail of the touchpad. I'm not sure that interest is still there.
    Also Samsung and HTC wouldn't be that foolish to put out a product that has nearly brought down two companies before it. They like money.
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes9 View Post
    I'm thinking of WP7. Just wish it had good multitasking. I was waiting for the Pre3 but unless they announce some future for the OS via licensing, it's not happening.
    I am too. Mango is coming which is ok for multitasking but damn I'm just not ready to let webos go but my phone is becoming practically useless. What a sad day.
    explore means if someone offers me $6 billion for it... sold!

Quote Originally Posted by carr76013 View Post

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So dev forums, HP is saying to stay tuned, but they are saying that things aren't as bad as they sound, which is odd.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Man, what a sad day. I was fully invested in webos but now am just dissapointed. Guess this makes my move to android that much easier
    This makes me sad. I can't think of anything else to say about it.

Twitter: dullgeek
    What on earth.

Should I cancel my Pre 3 order?
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    wow.... sooooooo HP paid $1.2 billion for only an operating system?? Dang, I thought MS Windows was expensive.

Last edited by Hobbz; 08/18/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So dev forums, HP is saying to stay tuned, but they are saying that things aren't as bad as they sound, which is odd.
    Typical spin. How many times have we heard stuff from Palm or HP saying the same thing?
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast