Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    this is a very sad day.........

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    In all seriousness, with this news what Tablet/Phone do you folks think is the best alternative to webOS?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Well, No use in my putting any more time into the three apps I've been developing. I wish I could just return the TP at this point and get an iPad. I never thought I'd say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Well, No use in my putting any more time into the three apps I've been developing. I wish I could just return the TP at this point and get an iPad. I never thought I'd say that.
    When did you buy yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    In all seriousness, with this news what Tablet/Phone do you folks think is the best alternative to webOS?
    Android. Samsung Galaxy SII or the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Thank you Jesus....so glad I didn't pull the trigger when staples had the steep price drop. I'd have bought TP if there was staples at the place I was visiting. I feel bad for ppl who switched to VRZ coz sprint wasn't gonna carry webOS anymore.
    Uh. How/why was my OP edited?! I know it looks pretty stupid at this point, but still, I didn't post what's with my avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Thank you Jesus....so glad I didn't pull the trigger when staples had the steep price drop. I'd have bought TP if there was staples at the place I was visiting. I feel bad for ppl who switched to VRZ coz sprint wasn't gonna carry webOS anymore.
    Lucky.

I knew something was up and I still pulled it. Thankfully Staples gives you 2 weeks and I bought mines the 6th. Got time.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    so what is a good vertical slider android phone on sprint?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    wow just got my touchpad today from amazon and I love it. Now I'm debating if I should return it
    this looks like Leo's descision alone based on his software and services vision for the company. He's executing on his plan for HP and never cared for Palm devices.

I honestly doubt that stellar Touchpad sales would have made any difference. He deems the profit margin to be just too low in the hardware business.
    TopTongueBarry likes this.
    Looks like I'll be figuring out how to reset my Touchpad and return it to Staples tonight. I'll pick one up on clearance if they come down enough. It's a nice device, but it has too many bugs if they'll not be working on any updates to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
    wow just got my touchpad today from amazon and I love it. Now I'm debating if I should return it
    Debating??! RETURN IT NOW!

No more new apps, no more updates (ie Quickoffice)

I am returning mines tomorrow!
    i recommended it to my bud when it was 100-200 off. if he had bought, he would be hunting me down today.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I hope this somehow really means they are getting out of hardware and into licensing the software to the likes of HTC and/or Samsung etc.

I'd have no issues buying a WebOS HTC Slab.

In other news, I'm totally bummed with the wording HP has chosen in their press release. It reads like they are totally abandoning webOS.
    This is sad news, I was really looking forward to the HP Pre3 being released.
    My touchscreen plays with itself, my headphone jack takes me in and out of speakerphone, my small usb crack is now medium size, but now my waiting for the Pre 3 is over. Now what OS do I grudgingly adopt?
  18. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etx View Post
    Yep I'm in the same boat. Was getting close to a new app release.
    Guess it's time to move on.

Wishing I wasn't out of my BB return window.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    so what is a good vertical slider android phone on sprint?
    I don't believe a vertical android slider exists... I could be wrong, if there is there aren't a lot of em.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Android. Samsung Galaxy SII or the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    Already got mine! My pre has gone to the bed side drawer in the sky. Damn what a waste of a gr8 OS!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast