Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Doubling down = folding.

RIP WebOS.
    I think about buying one if they go to $100 for the heck of it.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    This will be the highest colume day PreCentral will ever have.

Someone should say a few words...
    that was quick gone down the path of the amiga already eh

give webos to webos internals tbh, they can at least develop for it while HP is down and out,a device only dies when no-one uses it and apps dont come from HP their coming from bedroom programmers mostly, no real change tbh if the app store dies off, just means preware gets a new role as the main app store all of a sudden.

theres nothing "wrong" with the device, just it lacks essential apps.

so the new "must have" app is erm, a new app store.
    trott3r likes this.
    I suspect the "dead" proclamation might be a bit premature. HP discontinues development, but does "someone else" pick it up.

I may have a different attitude by the end of the week, but right now, I don't believe that HP would risk selling new devices, only to completely kill the line days later.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    HP is getting me ****SED.

I just bought a touchpad about 2 weeks ago. If I knew they would discontinue it I would not have gotten one!!!

My main question. What happens next? Do we still get support? Do we still have app dev?
    I'm curious why they would announce shutting down operations a day after a new white Touchpad is announced.

This is surreal. I've been holding on to a Pre- for over 2 years waiting for the Pre3. I hadn't bought a Touchpad yet but I was wanting to as soon as possible.
    i take it that also means the pre3 is ****canned before anyone even lays hands on one.
    So... now what?
    Sprint Love
    This is how HP run for Marathon. Just quit few feets away from the starting point. LOL at HP, bunch of losers. With current patent wars, I am sure HP can make way more than what they paid to get Palm. HP can actually come out on top. Perhaps, this is their way of becoming number one plus.
    Aerone likes this.
    Well at least maybe Touchpad accessories will be affordable now?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    HP Killing WebOS

HP just announced that it's killing off its line of WebOS devices.

A terse line in a press release from the company today reads "HP reported that it plans to announce that it will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad and webOS phones." It's huge news. While WebOS phones were great devices, much beloved by users, they never really caught on.

HP Killing WebOS
    Because Leo is an *****. I knew he would f up webos.
    He came from sap... He wants to be IBM.

Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    I'm curious why they would announce shutting down operations a day after a new white Touchpad is announced.

This is surreal. I've been holding on to a Pre- for over 2 years waiting for the Pre3. I hadn't bought a Touchpad yet but I was wanting to as soon as possible.
    return your touchpad, that's what happens
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    return your touchpad, that's what happens
    But I have opened it and used it already.....

You think Staples will take it back?
    Most places will let you return it with a restocking fee....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I have 24 hours to decide whether to return my TP to staples. Shame, I was extremely happy with it.
    sigh. This is some BS. I really like my TP too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    HP is getting me ****SED.

I just bought a touchpad about 2 weeks ago. If I knew they would discontinue it I would not have gotten one!!!

My main question. What happens next? Do we still get support? Do we still have app dev?
    Next is for you to return your touchpad, it's only been 2 weeks old. And pray to god that Samsung buys the webOS from HP. And put webOS on their Galaxy S2 and Galaxy tab.
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast