Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Come join us in virtual keyboard land, Toni. You know it's inevitable.

PS: the Bold 9930 actually looks surprisingly good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Come join us in virtual keyboard land, Toni. You know it's inevitable.

PS: the Bold 9930 actually looks surprisingly good.
    My Nokia E51 it is it seems... hey I still have a Gmail app for it.

PS: we don't have the 9930... we have the 9900. We're a civilized nation up north and we use SIM cards...

And no I don't like it, maybe I'll try the Curve but I don't like the Bold Keyboard.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    This can be spun a few different ways, but I can't see the end result ever benefiting developers. It's just really %*%*%* news any way you look at it!
    I'm starting to think webOS is a devil's spawn....first it brought down Palm...now HP is spinning off PC business its like HP its like cutting off one of its limbs....
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I'm starting to think webOS is a devil's spawn....first it brought down Palm...now HP is spinning off PC business its like HP its like cutting off one of its limbs....

Don't forget Handspring, PalmOne, PalmSource, Access. Would not surprise me if you can trace Sony's current problems to their licensing the Palm OS!!!!!
    Apple can buy webos for the patents.

Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    If someone does buy webOS, I think it would be for the patents and the patents alone. HP showed that size and scale alone is not enough to drive growth and adoption of a nearly flatlined platform.
    HP Confirms Discussions with Autonomy Corporation plc Regarding Possible Business Combination; Makes Other Announcements | Business Wire

In addition, HP reported that it plans to announce that it will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad and webOS phones. HP will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    There you have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    In addition, HP reported that it plans to announce that it will discontinue operations for webOS devices, specifically the TouchPad and webOS phones. HP will continue to explore options to optimize the value of webOS software going forward.
    RIP webOS
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    There you have it.
    Wow....... They discontinue their devices right after release. Why did I buy a touchpad? This is a stab in the back.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    HP Confirms Discussions with Autonomy Corporation plc Regarding Possible Business Combination; Makes Other Announcements | Business Wire

it's over.

So what do we do now?
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
  13. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts

Could this explain the very soft launch of Pre 3 in Europe only right now?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    WSJ _ also broke HP <HPQ.N>-PLANS TO ANNOUNCE THAT IT WILL DISCONTINUE OPERATIONS FOR WEBOS DEVICES, SPECIFICALLY THE TOUCHPAD AND WEBOS PHONES.

HP may try to sell WEBOS in future. Will beclosed down by end of quarter
    Sprint client since 1998. Treo 650, Treo 700, Treo 755p, Palm Pre till it died--- now have HTC EVO
    Hope Samsung buys the webOS. PLEASE GOD LET SAMSUNG TO BUY WEBOS!!!!!
    Perhaps this is a Pre-cursor to securing a WebOS licensing/hardware deal with Samsung or HTC?

- Foolishly trying to stay positive
    Shame. The writing was on the wall for the past year, though.
    Wow. So I bought the touchpad for NO REASON...
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast