Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Thank you for at least being honest.
    AZ8 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    So, I'm leaving Sprint when Verizon releases the iPhone 5.
    SPRINT is getting the IPHONE too. Why leave? Pay more?

I guess Ruby was a little premature in his claim to the throne?
    Hi all,

Well I wait so long, I'll wait a few weeks to see what happens if anything of anyone wanting to licence webOS, if not I will go with Android, b/c I can't be without a keyboard.

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  5. AZ8
    LOL!

The only one.....and he gets fired!!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    R.I.Palm
    can you believe that we all wish they hadn't fired him?
    threed61#WN likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi all,

Well I wait so long, I'll wait a few weeks to see what happens if anything of anyone wanting to licence webOS, if not I will go with Android, b/c I can't be without a keyboard.

take care,

Jay
    Have you considered the new BlackBerry Bold? I know it's not an ideal platform but the Bold 9000 had the best hardware keyboard I've ever used and everyone is saying the new 9900's is even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Have you considered the new BlackBerry Bold? I know it's not an ideal platform but the Bold 9000 had the best hardware keyboard I've ever used and everyone is saying the new 9900's is even better.
    Ha, right, from one sinking ship to another.
    I know; I almost feel dirty recommending it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

I guess Ruby was a little premature in his claim to the throne?
    A great day for you, isn't it? Enjoy.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Something hit me as I was was scrolling through the Market Pulse app to see what news was being posted.

I noticed how HP stock spiked up around mid-day trading but quickly plummeted back down to lose $1.88 (6%). As I'm writing this, their stock is has dropped more during after-hours trading for a $3 (10%) loss per share today. That's below the 52-Week Low. So in less than a year on the job, Leo has decreased HP value through a certain perspective.

I was reading one of the Forbes articles on the aforementioned Market Pulse app and followed a link to something they posted in January. It was a story about how HP was planning to launch a tablet in September and more details were going to be released at an HP event a few weeks later.

I remember how suddenly the TouchPad came out of the blue and was not entirely ready for launch in July. Aside from the bugs, there was no marketing prior to launch. Some were criticizing HP for a poorly executed launch. July is the third month in their fiscal Quarter. That's when it hit me.

It wouldn't surprise me if Leo (or one of his gang) bumped up the TouchPad launch into July in a futile attempt to boost quarterly sales and profits. When that result didn't happen, Leo was all too happy to throw the webOS GBU under the bus in an attempt to make analysts and investors happy. Not to mention trying to make the Board of Directors happy and hang on to his job for a little while longer.

I'm usually not one of the conspiracy theorist types. It just became obvious to me when all the pieces seem to fall together very nicely.

That's my two pennies.... I'm not sure I want to drink that HP kool-aid after all, off to find my trusty bottle of bourbon.
    blinktreo and gabe2gg like this.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Haven't read the whole thread, still in shock. Palm user since the 90's sad to see it finally die. Webos is pretty much dead now, Dewitt commented on the hardware but the software is really the problem. The touchpad currently has the fastest CPU among tablets and most powerful gpu (per tomshadware) yet it's still sluggish post 3.02. Don't know which imaginary company is going to invest their hardware in that.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Good idea wheres my vodka i need a drink to after all this!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbz View Post

That's my two pennies.... I'm not sure I want to drink that HP kool-aid after all, off to find my trusty bottle of bourbon.
    Hobbz likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    can you believe that we all wish they hadn't fired him?
    He might very well have done it sooner.
    http://www.mobileburn.com:80/news.jsp?Id=16273
    1 month and your claiming it a fail? This is not the devices fault, this is your marketing department's failure. I know you launch laptops all the time by just quietly dumping them on the market, the printers and all your other products are the same. Apple wins because it markets, cellphones and subsequently tablets do not work that way, you NEED to make a splash, you need to have an explosion and fireworks at launch. YOU NEED TO MAKE NOISE. Soft launches with unfinished software DO NOT WORK, and I wonder why. The touchpad was a win in my books uptil today and now I'm just livid I bought the ******* thing

The Pre 2 launch on Rogers was silent, Rogers made no effort to push it, it was never in their brick on motar stores. There was more on Bell and they also made 0 effort with the original Pre.

This "failure" of WebOS devices is NOT the devices fault, it is yours. AND what the ******** happened to the marathon. The HP Touchpad is the number 2 tablet right now, and its the only one I would even consider buying.

Google bought Motorola to get into the hardware side (yeah yeah and a patent arsenal) and your moving away from it, HP management needs to be realistic.

I love WebOS, I was passionate about it since I held a Pre- but HP I will NEVER buy a product from you again, lets hope samsung does license WebOS as it is the best mobile OS out there right now, bar none. Its sad to say but it looks like I'm going back to a dumbphone when my contract ends instead of my dream Pre3.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
    soccerbudd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbo89 View Post
    but HP I will NEVER buy a product from you again,
    Don't worry, Leo seems bent on making sure there are no HP products left to buy.
    Just wanted to drop by and put in my condolences. I finally moved on to Android a few months ago after it was clear that Sprint wasn't going to pick up any new webOS devices. I really thought that HP would get things straightened out, and that I'd be coming back to a great new webOS device down the road.

I guess that won't be happening now. Sorry to those of you who have stayed loyal to the cause. I was a Palm user continuously since the original Pilot, sad day.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I'm speechless... WDF? Two coworkers got a touchpad after using mine too...
    Last edited by akshunj; 08/18/2011 at 10:29 PM.