Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    HP will focus on cloud computing, Enyo runs nearly complete in desktop browsers. Just me thoughts. Final word: Amiga.
    trott3r likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    yeah... the tassels should have given us a clue.
    but i have said often...
    ruby's claim to fame? ... all he did was find the hard drive for the ipod.
    not being someone that ever did follow these tech people. I'd honestly never heard of the guy till i bought the phone. He had zero fame to me. Like that fat apple former founder guy that rides around on the segway. I had no clue who that guy was. Wozniack. But many people knew exactly who he was. Guess i never paid attention. Alright, i wasted a day on this. i gotta go get food. Good luck guys. Don't despair.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Now we know why the Citrix app is not being updated.
    Don't forget, that as things stand right now, webOS only works with one type of silicon: Qualcomm. That can't be too enticing to potential licensees. And with HP about to scale back the manpower in the webOS division, it's likely to remain that way.
    Too bad barnes and nobles dont have any money...
    A webos nook color would be cool.
    And b and n know how to sell millions.
    Wow, unexpected news. One day I did hope to come back to webOS, when it had grown some and solidified a base. Sad to see it end this way...

Some things though. To those who say "wait and see," I don't think that is going to yield anything. Even if something does show up by tomorrow, all that the consumers will vaguely remember is that webOS is dead. That's enough to kill a starting platform.

For those who can acknowledge the death of the platform, there are plenty of good options. Nothing in this world is perfect, you'll have to look around and make some sacrifices in order to gain a steady platform. I won't tell you where you should look or what direction you should go, but in the end its just a phone or a tablet. Some say the biggest arguments are always over the smallest of details, and that applies to OS choices as well. Whichever platform you'll end up on, it will be quite capable, fairly easy to use, and well supported (except maybe Symbian or MeeGo, avoid those ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Great... Another big company thats decided we can just make more money by making less stuff and laying off more people. I dont even care about webos anymore. I lost my job 3 weeks ago. Our government failed us. Rich people get richer now without doing a thing and hey lets tax them less cause maybe if we give them more money they will hire someone...yea no.

No we the consumer will suffer more. Hp is not going to even make computers. Are you kidding me. This is a horrible move for hp and they will likely be gone in 3 years now. IBM will eat them alive. I hope the investors smack leo in the face.
    Now I gotta wait for a friggen iphone 5 and I hate apple.
    I am wondering of Palm would have survived had they not been bought out by HP.
    I read EVERY message in this thread. I can't believe the news today (like everyone else). I got a launch day TP for $600 bucks from Walmart. My wife thought I was stupid for paying that (she was apparently right). No way am I telling her about HP latest move.

I just can't believe HP's move here. They had to know the money they spent in development, manufacturing and advertising wasn't going to be made up in a month. If so, why go through the motion. I agree with an earlier post. There has to be some massive in fighting going on right now in HP.

ET
    runukraine likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    The fat lady is singing! I love my EVO 3d if anyone is leaning that direction! Maybe there will be a fairytale ending for the hardcore faithful, stories of ruby riding out of HP corporate,on a great white steed, webos clinging tightly, proclaiming "webos lives" I will see you all again, in the coming months! LOL

Oh, and android rocks!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    as a webos fan and former user i also love android and my htc thunderbolt. give it a try guys if your leaving palm. i wouldn't recommend wp7 yet.
    KJ78 and milominderbinde like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I read EVERY message in this thread. I can't believe the news today (like everyone else). I got a launch day TP for $600 bucks from Walmart. My wife thought I was stupid for paying that (she was apparently right). No way am I telling her about HP latest move.

I just can't believe HP's move here. They had to know the money they spent in development, manufacturing and advertising wasn't going to be made up in a month. If so, why go through the motion. I agree with an earlier post. There has to be some massive in fighting going on right now in HP.

ET
    this is why i was hoping & praying samsung or htc would of bought webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    as a webos fan and former user i also love android and my htc thunderbolt. give it a try guys if your leaving palm. i wouldn't recommend wp7 yet.
    Very bad news today. Yet, I'm not leaving anyone yet. I'm going to wait around a few weeks to see things more clearly after the dust settles. I got a Pre2 and launch day TP. I can't return them yet so I'm in no hurry to change platforms just yet.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    I am wondering of Palm would have survived had they not been bought out by HP.
    They at least would have you know....tried.

Palm was a scrappy little fighter.

HP is nothing but a big, bloated wimp.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I wonder how the world would look today if Google had acquired Android from Andy Rubin, released the Dream/G1 in 2008, and, the same year, announced that Android isn't selling well, that they're not ready to make any investments into a product that's not selling well, and just scrapped the whole thing.
    Google is also the big monopolistic giant that is using Microsoft-esque moves to extend and conquer.
    How come all the best, most brilliant products get mishandled by management hacks? Macintosh back in the 80s and 90s when it was genuinely better than Windows; Betamax; Dreamcast; webOS.
    And BeOS.
    trott3r and KJ78 like this.
    Instead of "Remember the Alamo"

we need to say

"Remember the Folio"
    KJ78 likes this.
    I wonder how the world would look today if Google had acquired Android from Andy Rubin, released the Dream/G1 in 2008, and, the same year, announced that Android isn't selling well, that they're not ready to make any investments into a product that's not selling well, and just scrapped the whole thing.

(I know, I know, HP is only stopping their device production and 'exploring options' for webOS. But since they essentially said they're stopping device production because there's no money there - who's going to license webOS? I *want* to be optimistic but right now, I don't feel that I can...)
    You are spot on. The answer: those with the visions are, unfortunately, not always the ones with the bag of money to make those visions a reality. We live in an age where the short-sighted bean-counters are the ones calling the shots, and this is what happens. They are the soul-less entities within these corporations who can't see beyond the short-term financial gains, who ruin the lives and dreams and hopes of others for some precious numbers to add up in a particular manner.

Today's announcements also makes it crystal clear why Apple's been sitting on a mountain of cash. Steve Jobs is one of the few who understands that visions can only become reality when the visionaries control their own destiny.
    okay so that means no more pre3 for USA carriers so hello SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 or IPHONE 5 on sprint...wooooooooo