Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    exactly phones, R&D, etc. was costing HP.

As I just said above, they specifically mentioned in the Q & A, that operating cost of maintaining the software side is nothing.
    The disconnect here is the assumption that people want to buy webOS products. Palm and HP has shown that it's just not true and that puts webOS in the unenviable position of having no developer support, no meaningful services, and almost no mindshare.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Does this mean Sprint is not getting the Pre3?
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    No,you should laugh, because Apple initial interest in WebOS is just for fun. Maybe Jobs have kept his sense of humor.
    ah i just wanna see dogs sleeping with cats. lol.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    exactly phones, R&D, etc. was costing HP.

As I just said above, they specifically mentioned in the Q & A, that operating cost of maintaining the software side is nothing.
    The only bad thing from this will be the TTS and sms sharing that I really liked. Will the licensers (do not know how to call them) implement them into their devices? Hopefully that will be the deal.

And one more thing is why is hp spinning of their PC department? WHY? I realy liked hp products and I loved webOS because of HP. I really liked the posibility of having webos in laptops and now the dream is gone too. I don't really understand. They had a dream and PSG accounts for 33% of their profits if I'm not mistaken.
    From a merely hardware company they are going to a merely software company. *** they were drunk when they were making those decisions?
    Do they know a lot about softwares? I haven't heard any softwares(At least commercial) from HP. Maybe they have enterprise software but I doubt it. Still I dont know though. Can anyone enlight me?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    why are your returning the touchpad guys? I'm still buying one the webos will continue that means that updates will come. It's just that they stop manufacturing units.
    lollllll
    SnotBoogie and KJ78 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    The only bad thing from this will be the TTS and sms sharing that I really liked. Will the licensers (do not know how to call them) implement them into their devices? Hopefully that will be the deal.

And one more thing is why is hp spinning of their PC department? WHY? I realy liked hp products and I loved webOS because of HP. I really liked the posibility of having webos in laptops and now the dream is gone too. I don't really understand. They had a dream and PSG accounts for 33% of their profits if I'm not mistaken.
    From a merely hardware company they are going to a merely software company. *** they were drunk when they were making those decisions?
    Do they know a lot about softwares? I haven't heard any softwares(At least commercial) from HP. Maybe they have enterprise software but I doubt it. Still I dont know though. Can anyone enlight me?
    Can't you just import the Pre 3 and use it on edge.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    I have been a loyal Palm fan from even the Palm Pilot Days. I think alot of you are the same. I still have my Sprint Palm from the original June release. Cracked screen and all. Where do we go from here. Move to Android or iPhone? What are all the Palm fans going to do.
    iPhone 5
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    See...if a corporate exec can't even understand you don't wear a black belt with brown/camel shoes, how do you expect them to be successful with a ground-breaking mobile operating system?

Karla
    libray and Rnp like this.
    This is like a day to remember: the day webOS died...
    Now I understand why the PrPrPr$3$ $was$ $released$ $in$ $Europe$ $yesterday$.. $They$ $just$ $dumped$ $it$!
    This is so sad, the best mobile OS ever is going down the drain..
    What will happen with the TP and PrPrPr $support$? $No$ $more$ $catalog$ $and$/$or$ $system$ $updates$, $probably$ $never$ $a$ $Kindle$ $app$ $released$ $for$ $the$ $UK$..
    I'll keep the TP I bought a month ago as a souvenir, like the last of the Mohicans..
    WOW, i sorta knew this was coming. im sorry guys and i commend each one of you for holding out as long as you did. looks clear to me that webos is now dead. i wish you all the best with your new smartphones/operating systems.

this is such a shame as it had alot of potential.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    See...if a corporate exec can't even understand you don't wear a black belt with brown/camel shoes, how do you expect them to be successful with a ground-breaking mobile operating system?

Karla
    Steve Jobs doesn't understand that black attires make people look thin --- good for over-weight people, bad for a super-thin cancer patient.
  14. AZ8
    One thing this shows is how ruthless, decieving and cut throat corporate Board rooms can be!

I would make a terrible CEO, CFO, COO...etc My moral conscience just couldn't do this to people. I'd feel terrible for the employees and the people using the devices, in this case webOS.

For 16 months HP promised and promised. They gave a carrot or two. More promises. Then.....BAM!! SHUT ER DOWN!!

It does take a certain personality to just pull the plug!

I feel bad for you guys.....wow. What a punch in the gut!
    Goddammit over the last few years I have had iPhones and android devices, neither of which I enjoyed, finally settled on a Pre+ and find I love WebOS, and I have a shiny new Pre3 arriving tomorrow!!!

now what the hell am I supposed to do with it???

Karla
    They needed Dre. Dresses better. Better salesmen. Better styled products.

I'm only about 1/4 joking too.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    On the upside, they'll be wanting to get rid of TouchPads soon, now that probably a third of all units they've sold are being returned - not because the product didn't perform well enough, or because people didn't like webOS, but because HP threw the towel and said "we didn't anticipate NOT outselling Apple after a mere month on the market" in such a way that makes the future of the platform questionable at best.

That means I might be able to get two or three of them around €100 this christmas. Yay!

That is, I'll buy them *IF* HP brings webOS 2.2 and Skype to the Veer.

*IF* they decide that any more investments into webOS like updating existing devices they only started selling three or four months ago is going to hurt their precious short-term bottomline too much, I'll never buy another HP product in my life.

I don't take my business to companies that promise stuff and easily have the means to keep those promises but end up not holding these promises if, a few months later, they start noticing that they won't hold themselves.

Simple as that.
    Didn't read this whole thread, but I dropped by to see if the news had been posted. Guess so. :|

Story on Engadget looks grim:

HP will 'discontinue operations for webOS devices', may spin off Personal Systems Group -- Engadget

Not surprising though. Palm and then HP took every misstep that you could...with delays to market at every turn, failure to price competitively to undercut others and gain market share when they were ready to launch each product, and failure to get better hardware out faster.

Sad, sad day. WebOS is the BetaMax of mobile OSes - clearly the best mobile OS, but like BetaMax, the best doesn't always win.

And I just got my 4th or 5th Pre minus from Sprint a couple of days ago (to replace a failed unit)...and I was reminded once again when I held a new one in my hand what a beautiful and elegant device it is.

I have planned to go Android for awhile and held off on getting a TouchPad because I just didn't see much of a future for the platform (and third-party DRM support), but I was delaying buying that Android tablet...and hoping...and hoping that HP would pull a rabbit out of its hat. I must admit, I am not surprised that we lost...but absolutely stunned by how suddenly HP gave up.

Sad, sad day. Let's hope they open source it (or at least ease up on the relative patents for the UI) and get some of this goodness into Android. Sad thing is, they probably never even cared that much about WebOS. They probably wanted the patent portfolio.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Steve Jobs doesn't understand that black attires make people look thin --- good for over-weight people, bad for a super-thin cancer patient.
    Steve Jobs understands much better than you think.

In fact, Black clothing for over-weight people is DOA now. We don't live in the "Chubby People Wearing Slimming Clothes" era anymore, haven't you heard?

Wearing slimming clothes is the new thing for people with sub-20 BMIs. In a year or so, black turtlenecks will be hailed as a revolutionary event that has changed the history of anorexia forever.
    the picture of success..

Steve Jobs has no Belt. | The New Media Papers

Karla