Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I also feel bad for the folks at Pre-Central. I guess it was a labor of love compared to the viewership of IOS and Android Central.
    Mark F Chinsky
    They'll find a great hardware partner just like they found a great U.S. carrier.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    For those of you talking about how it may be saved here or there...It's over...the fat lady is singing. I left Webos about 11 months ago and have had an Epic 4g. Yes I miss a few OS niceties, but nothing I haven't been able to get over, and the speed, hardware and screen blow away my old Pre.

Guess Sprint was smart not getting back on the bandwagon.

With the Android buy of Moto, I think Microsoft might actually be seen as the 'underdog' and get a tick up in interest.

I don't see a scenario where WebOS, as you all know it, survives and I can't see why a developer who needs to feed his family would waste any more time on it...

Put a fork in it..
    +1
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    where is Hparsons to defend HP's reasoning for this?
    I tried to tell everyone, while they were flaming Ruby...

Mr, Apotheker " Devices will launch weeks after anoucement "
    or " We will not release a device that isnt perfect."

Mr Kerris " Essential apps at launch"
    or "Apps are coming"

Mr Cador "WebOS will be number 1 plus."

Should I even mention the smartphone/tablet race is a marathon quote?
    Hobbz likes this.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
    And there you have it!

BREAKING: HP shutting down webOS device operations, will "continue to explore options" | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

Had nothing to do with Sprint or any other carrier.....HP buyout of Palm was a complete mess, execution was a complete messs...

So all those "I'm leaving Sprint when Insert Carrier Here releases the Pre 3"...Yea looks like you wont be getting the Pre 3 on those carriers either.
    So, I'm leaving Sprint when Verizon releases the iPhone 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher View Post
    I also feel bad for the folks at Pre-Central. I guess it was a labor of love compared to the viewership of IOS and Android Central.
    Yes, you guys have been great! Derek, you and your partners will solely be missed.
    You know what's ironic... the last iteration of the TouchPad 64GB was white. They're throwing it up as a white towel.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    libray likes this.
    I like blueberries.

Currently writing "HP" on all my golf balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Sprint get the iPhone 5 when it's released.
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatila View Post
    I agree, and actually thought this since July 1st when it was apparent that HP barely bothered developing webOS at all for 3.0., even the damn bootchain is still untouched from launch. It would be nice not to be on the side of the underdog for a change, and while I don't like Apple, I actually don't like using iOS either. Massive row of icons and deep menus is not appealing, so WP7 is the next underdog for me
    I'm in the same boat. Bought the 32GB for $600 on day one. I trusted them and believed in their product. I bought it at Best Buy but it is past the return date. So what can I do?
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Is this the first time, we'll see people queue for webOS hardware... to take it back before its discontinued?

(bit of gallows humour...)
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    Sprint is getting the Iphone 5 as well.

Did you not notice how Sprint changed their upgrade path the same way Verizon did prior to the Iphone 4 launch?
    milominderbinde likes this.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    After all the bad press Sprint got around here, looks like they got it right, didn't they?

I am soo in love with multitasking, I just hate that I have to go to another platform. I use Microsoft a lot, Dynamics CRM and Office365 Exchange, so I have to consider WP7, iphone is coming out with new stuff, who knows. This just really is the pits.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    I have to say HP/Palm are Grade A ******-bags. So many lies, promises and other garbage. Unbelievable. I really hope that all disgruntle Developers/Consumers sue their ***** off for this bait and switch. Do you really think that while they were pushing their advertising campaign they didn't know that they will do this.
    To all people that bought this paperweight, return it, call your credit card companies and file chargebacks as this is ridiculous
    I agree totally. I know you sometimes buy something that turns out to be a bust and that's just a risk to take as a consumer. But there is NO way HP woke up this week and decided to kill WebOS. In my opinion, this decision was set before the TP was even released. They barely marketed the TP...at all...ever. If you want to argue that TP sales were what HP would use to determine the fate of WebOS, then it's only logical that they would have marketed the heck out of it. But they didn't. MOST people still don't even know it exists. If I had bought a TP I would feel completely, 100% deceived and betrayed. Nothing short of fraud in my opinion.
    I guess if you want WebOS in the future you'll have to buy an HP printer :'(
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    At least give us the doc editing. I want some use out of my Touchpad at college...
    khalid7412002 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Just dropping by.
    So when's the funeral?
    I don't know but hp want to beware, the pitch forks and torches are out...BIG STYLE!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierratop View Post
    I'm in the same boat. Bought the 32GB for $600 on day one. I trusted them and believed in their product. I bought it at Best Buy but it is past the return date. So what can I do?
    Use it. Enjoy its existing capabilities. Hope homebrew developers continue supporting it. And keep your fingers crossed for the XDA wizards to figure out how to boot Android on it.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Sprint get the iPhone 5 when it's released.
    That would be very nice indeed.
    I am expecting delivery of my shiney new Pre3 tomorrow... shall I leave it sealed and send it back ?? is there much point with zero apps and future OS upgrades? Please help meeeeeee..!

Anyone know of a good pending Windows 7 phone with a keyboard??

Replies appreciated

EN4