Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Richard Kerris just tweeted:
    "#HPwebOS is an awesome software platform and now we can explore the best hardware partner for it. #onward."

I gotta say... good luck, bronco!
    Does anyone else find it kind of terrible that Kerris still wants to dangle a carrot in front of his remaining users?
    milominderbinde likes this.
    "#HPwebOS is an awesome software platform and now we can explore the best hardware partner for it. #onward."

This is what I was waiting for.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Well, here's this tweet from Richard Kerris, FWIW:

https://twitter.com/#!/richardkerris...91781906153472
    Do you honestly still believe what they say?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Does anyone else find it kind of terrible that Kerris still wants to dangle a carrot in front of his remaining users?
    He's trying to sell off the rest of the Touchpad inventory.
    Hobbz likes this.
    At this point I think it's sad the press release dropped before the conference call and not during or after.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    You won't have a palm profile, app catalog or any commercial apps, let alone a document editor or remote desktop, etc.
    Hmmm...maybe I can multitask the phone app.
    Low margins, I guess. It doesn't help that PC growth has hit a wall either.
    IBM did this years ago and it worked out very well for them... Good if you're an HP investor probably... Not so good if you're a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Well, here's this tweet from Richard Kerris, FWIW:

https://twitter.com/#!/richardkerris...91781906153472
    Just remember the old joke...

Q: "How can you tell when a politician is lying?"

A: When his lips are moving!

Applies to some execs as well.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Manny Paciquiao wants his money back.
    I think Manny just found a weight class he couldn't fight in...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

They need to find the "right hardware partner"?

So they find someone (anyone?) willing. Develop a device, 9 months later it comes out. How does this change anything?

Complete and utter waste of time. Even as a die hard, day-one webOS user I can see that.

It's over boys and girls, nothing to see here.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Let's say webOS was open sourced and free to use for any OEM that wants to ship a phone with it. How would you sell a phone with no apps, no back end ecosystem to hook into, and now no unifying vision to drive it?
    You'd sell it as a feature phone.
    Pillaged Village sounds like a great name for a band.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    #HPwebOS is an awesome software platform and now we can explore the best hardware partner for it. #onward. /via @richardkerris

looks like their getting out of hardware to get into licencing. My guess is samsung.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    For those of you talking about how it may be saved here or there...It's over...the fat lady is singing. I left Webos about 11 months ago and have had an Epic 4g. Yes I miss a few OS niceties, but nothing I haven't been able to get over, and the speed, hardware and screen blow away my old Pre.

Guess Sprint was smart not getting back on the bandwagon.

With the Android buy of Moto, I think Microsoft might actually be seen as the 'underdog' and get a tick up in interest.

I don't see a scenario where WebOS, as you all know it, survives and I can't see why a developer who needs to feed his family would waste any more time on it...

Put a fork in it..
    Mark F Chinsky
    I've seen a lot of absurd spin when it comes to webOS. From "we're not shutting down production, it's just Chinese New Years" to "Jon Rubinstein is being promoted to a closet that can better leverage his talents" but that tweet from Kerris absolutely takes the cake.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

They are always seem to come out with some statement to string us along......

Should tweet back some very harsh 4 letter words to him!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Do you honestly still believe what they say?
    No one can. You also have to understand that HP is willing to part ways "i.e. spin off" their PC and printer divisions. All of which are more profitable than their mobile arm.
    Android, WP7, Bada and webOS?

Yeah, I don't think so.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I know Kerris is trying to be positive, but unless they announce a hardware partner today who can have phones out the door in a month tops, developers aren't going to stick around and hope it gets better, and neither will most users. I love webOS, but I wouldn't. ...And definitely wouldn't waste money for apps.

I know I'm already thinking about sending back the Touchpad keyboard I just got, since it'd be horrible for a non webOS device.