Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree172Likes
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I stopped buying HP computers for my business after 12 desktops all failed with in one month of the end of their three year extended warranty. Why oh why did I ever five them another chance?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Can someone please make a photoshop of Leo Apotheker in some nasty way, so that I can feel better?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    libray likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Call me stupid, but I still want to buy a Pre 3 (with a NA comms board in it,)
    Might have to buckle and buy an eu model so I can at least use it outside
    I'd love one, but then there will be no apps, period.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Strange how I am reading all this off a 2.1 pre- without a sim in it. How ironic is that!

All I can say to hp is "FAIL...FAIL...FAIL YOU BUNCH OF NUMPTIES"

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Man, I never knew this many people were on the forums. Bad news comes up and the forum explodes.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    HelloNNNewman and JonVon like this.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Even if they do find someone to license WebOS, it's over. Think of the time that it would take to ramp up. There's no one left as it is, and I'd be willing to bet the devs won't get tricked again.
    HP's finally "made it right" and we can stop looking at the coming months. Damn I didn't want an Android phone.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    I agree with this being a really weird decision. I actually thought HP did an incredible job of getting anything out after acquiring Palm in such a short time.

On the other hand, the external actions look like they are the result of deep disagreements inside HP itself. The side that wanted to kill webOS hardware ultimately won.

I'm disappointed, but my Pre 2 is still working. After it ceases to be a viable smartphone, I'll just have to choose from one of two inferior ecosystems, iPhone or Android. (Inferior in terms of OS and user interface, I know there are more apps for each, etc.)

On the other hand, it should be possible to pick up a Touchpad at deep discount rates.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    So dev forums, HP is saying to stay tuned, but they are saying that things aren't as bad as they sound, which is odd.

LIke a wife-beater - "it will be different this time I promise, I've changed".
    This is quite upsetting. I totally bought into all of HP's long-term strategy BS of putting webOS onto everything. I therefore, was a sucker and wanted to be on the ground floor with the Touchpad. I firmly believed that if anyone could make this happen it was HP. WebOS will only catch on through a long-term commitment, not through a one year commitment and hey, all that stuff we told you earlier...we were just kidding, or the famous line from Animal House..."You F...'d up, you trusted us."

I love this device, but it needs more apps. The prospect of any more apps died with this announcement. I think we should consider a class action lawsuit if we don't get document editing on this thing. That was promised by HP. I bought my Touchpad a little over a month ago and cannot return it at this point (not too mention the fact that I applied for the rebate).

Okay rant over, I got suckered for $600 (including all accessories), and now have limited functionality. Anyone want to sell me some swamp land?
    All for One and One for All!
    Hobbz and linkblc like this.
    I don't get how they can confirm a new device one day, and literally a day later say they're not going to sell it anymore? That's some serious dysfunction. I suppose it also explains the lack of any real major press releases when it came to them selling the Pre3 in EU and the 64gb TP.
    Well, Hp has just gone ahead announced they are out of the webOS game, now they my still be able to license webOS to other manufacturers, but why would any them pick it up at this point? I have been waiting anxiously for the Pre3 since its announcement, but now I think I will be getting a windows mango phone later this year, i tried and hated android, never making that mistake again.

So with that I bid adieu to webOS, it was truly a ahead of the curve and a shame that no one was able to develop it like it deserved. Sometimes the best tech or system doesn't "win" out, and that seems to be case here. I'll still lurk around these boards cause this is a great community.

If anyone else wants to chime in with there goodbyes, or their denials, feel free to do so.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    Strange how I am reading all this off a 2.1 pre- without a sim in it. How ironic is that!

All I can say to hp is "FAIL...FAIL...FAIL YOU BUNCH OF NUMPTIES"

What's a Numptie?
    I TOLD ALL OF YOU BUT YOU GUYS DON't LISTEN!! When do we ever see webos advertisement???? Where?? All I see is android tis android that.. It's annoying. But I have said it before and the only people that only get webos is fans like us. That's about it. My family left the pre behind and I'm the only one with my webos phone. I think webos is super cool but it never really got any support. So what now? The only one that can make webos great is SONY. SONY should get it and advertize it. That's the problem. HP did not spent on advertising and that is what I call an EPIC FAIL. Okay. Can Rod take over webos system?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I might switch over to a dumb phone actually, I've been working from home so much lately that I don't think I even need a smart phone anymore!
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    My advice to the writers/editors: LiveBlog the 5pm conference call. My advice to everyone else: Don't read these forums until after the 5pm conference call.
    Manny Paciquiao wants his money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by stirling View Post
    Damn I didn't want an Android phone.
    Exactly my feelings.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    What's a Numptie?
    A numpty is...Someone who (sometimes unwittingly) by speech or action demonstrates a lack of knowledge or misconception of a particular subject or situation to the amusement of others. (urban dictionary) lol

Quote Originally Posted by Courousant View Post
    My advice to the writers/editors: LiveBlog the 5pm conference call. My advice to everyone else: Don't read these forums until after the 5pm conference call.
    Agreed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barrysanders20 View Post
    Manny Paciquiao wants his money back.
    The touchpad and Manny's singing career were linked it seems!